Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! (972 Views)

Benue Killings: Pastor Paul Enenche Open Faya On Every Killer For Naija / Wetin We Go Do So That Money No Go Change Our Love For God? / Wetin We No Go See For Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! by Solidkay(m): 12:45pm On Mar 26, 2017
A friend of mine invited me to his Catholic church today(dnt ask me d name of d parish or its location)
Bt its an ordination ceremony,
The surprising things there
1--They r using colanuts as one of their instruments of ordination.
2--A DJ was brought in and he was giving them series of circular music's.
To cap it all,
Stand or sitting before me are crates of beers consumed by members of d high table.....
Pls if u r a roman Catholic member here on NL.
Is it a num in d church or this is just one out of a million�

1 Like

Re: Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! by dingbang(m): 12:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
You are not different from a Pharisee
Re: Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! by CplusJason: 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
Otito diri Jesu! A drunkard was in church today.
Re: Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
First.... The creates , were they inside the church or church surroundings ?? Scndly...... If christ drank wine wots ur excuse
Re: Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! by Paulordiah(m): 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2017
who crated the kola but tree
don't Christians work in breweries and use the money they make from the sales of beer as offering in church?
Re: Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! by Freeman147(m): 4:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
Solidkay:
A friend of mine invited me to his Catholic church today(dnt ask me d name of d parish or its location)
Bt its an ordination ceremony,
The surprising things there
1--They r using colanuts as one of their instruments of ordination.
2--A DJ was brought in and he was giving them series of circular music's.
To cap it all,
Stand or sitting before me are crates of beers consumed by members of d high table.....
Pls if u r a roman Catholic member here on NL.
Is it a num in d church or this is just one out of a million�

Afrika must wake up from this colonial mentality, Roman Catholics came in to Lagos in the 19th century, Kola, spirits, and percussionist drums and dances with chants have always been part and parcel of the Afrikan Liturgy. All this "imported" religious beliefs have their benefit, but let's not be afraid to be Afrikans, or Hybris like CCC, C&S, or ROF.
Re: Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! by luvmijeje(f): 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
Where are the priests? Where are the kola nut? Where is the church?
Re: Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! by Freeman147(m): 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
luvmijeje:

But, we know the catholic church(othordox denominations) do not frown on consumption of alcoholic beverages, so far its in moderation. Just like churches in Europe hold prayer meetings with beer as refreshments. Don't also forget that some Nations in Northern Europe have little fresh water supply/sources, hence they substitute with spirits like Vodka which is functional and logical, as such water would be very cold at room temperature, and spirits also have a warm(hot) effect on the body.

Summary: Moderation is key, let Afrikans not cry more than the bereaved, because the Caucasians that introduced this Religious Dogmas have reasoned beyond all this shenanigans. Afrika must wake up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! by luvmijeje(f): 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
Freeman147:

But, we know the catholic church(othordox denominations) do not frown on consumption of alcoholic beverages, so far its in moderation. Just like churches in Europe hold prayer meetings with beer as refreshments. Don't also forget that some Nations in Northern Europe have little fresh water supply/sources, hence they substitute with spirits like Vodka which is functional and logical, as such water would be very cold at room temperature, and spirits also have a warm(hot) effect on the body.

Summary: Moderation is key, let Afrikans not cry more than the bereaved, because the Caucasians that introduced this Religious Dogmas have reasoned beyond all this shenanigans. Afrika must wake up!
That’s not my point. We are talking of ordination of priests. I've not stated my opinion yet, I'm only asking for the pics as an evidence that it was truly done in a church.
Re: Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! by ichommy(m): 8:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
I just dey observer. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! by Solidkay(m): 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
luvmijeje:
Re-read d topic,n u dnt xpect me to put their faces here,I av got morals.
Re: Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! by luvmijeje(f): 11:06am On Mar 27, 2017
Solidkay:

Re-read d topic,n u dnt xpect me to put their faces here,I av got morals.

Oh! So you know is not moral? But you can report it? So reporting is moral? Oga, complete your work.
Re: Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! by Solidkay(m): 12:38pm On Mar 27, 2017
luvmijeje:

Oh! So you know is not moral? But you can report it? So reporting is moral? Oga, complete your work.
kikikikikiki,
I laugh at u in Swahili.....
Re: Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! by Amberon: 4:48pm On Mar 27, 2017
True!

I live very close to a catholic and I've seen this is the norm there. My sister even said she has seen the Reverend father smoking before. In the compound where the father lives they sell all sorts of alcohol and play disco like you're in a night club.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Watch How This Man Accidentally Hangs Himself As He Plays Judas In Easter Play / Pastor Ashimolowo Asks Members To Pay $1,000 Dollars 4each Year They Have Lived / Jubilee Christian Church International Abeokuta Charity And Food Day. (photos=

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.