Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Chronicles Of Quotes - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Chronicles Of Quotes (2407 Views)

The Funny Chronicles Of A Professional Bride’s Maid. / Funny African Pictures - Memes And Quotes / Chronicles Of Jokes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chronicles Of Quotes by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
Words are one of the forces controlling the world today. Life centers around them. With them decisions are been taken, with them solutions are been given to problems, with them lives are been transform, with them knowledge and information are been imparted from one individual/generation to another, with them hopes are been given to the hopeless, with them relationship and unseperable bond are been established etc and the list keeps going on and on.

Ironically words have also been the cause of man's problems.
With words many are been slaughtered, with them many are been descriminated, with them many are been marginalized, with them civic unrest occurs, with them wars occurs, with them the poor, hopeless, weak are been treated like animals.
Words are integral part of our life.

Words when use at the right time, right place, right circumstances and right manner causes a positive reaction which affects and changes the course of history positively but when use at the wrong time, wrong place, wrong circumstances and wrong manner can cause a negative reaction which will affect and change the course of history negatively. Yes that the effect and power of the four letter word .W.O.R.D.

Over the years words have been spoken by philosophers, inspirational speakers, teachers and men in general. This words have had a massive impact on the life of people positively. I call this words quotes.

This thread contains quotes and the men that quoted them. I urge you not to just read this quotes like some random article or stories but I urge you to study,memorize and apply them in your life. Let them be a part of you.there is a saying that says "there are principles if you follow them, you will be a principality".

Welcome on board as we go on a journey into the world of WORDS exploring the unimaginable power and effect of words in CHRONICLES OF QUOTES.
Re: Chronicles Of Quotes by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
welcome guys to your favourite, philosophical, inspirational and educative thread "CHRONICLES OF QUOTES".
Re: Chronicles Of Quotes by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
1.) It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.
__________Lewis Carroll

2.) The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
_________George Bernard Shaw

3.) Hardship often prepares an ordinary person for an extraordinary destiny.
__________Christopher Markus

4.) When what you hear and what you see don't match, trust your eyes.
___________Dale Renton

5.) Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of the time.
_________Voltaire

6.) Disappointment will come when your effort does not give you the expected return. If things don’t go as planned or if you face failure. Failure is extremely difficult to handle, but those that do come out stronger. What did this failure teach me? is the question you will need to ask. You will feel miserable. You will want to quit, like I wanted to when nine publishers rejected my first book. Some IITians kill themselves over low grades – how silly is that? But that is how much failure can hurt you. But it’s life. If challenges could always be overcome, they would cease to be a challenge. And remember – if you are failing at something, that means you are at your limit or potential. And that’s where you want to be.
Disappointment’ s cousin is Frustration, the second storm. Have you ever been frustrated? It happens when things are stuck. This is especially relevant in India. From traffic jams to getting that job you deserve, sometimes things take so long that you don’t know if you chose the right goal. After books, I set the goal of writing for Bollywood, as I thought they needed writers. I am called extremely lucky, but it took me five years to get close to a release. Frustration saps excitement, and turns your initial energy into something negative, making you a bitter person. How did I deal with it? A realistic assessment of the time involved – movies take a long time to make even though they are watched quickly, seeking a certain enjoyment in the process rather than the end result – at least I was learning how to write scripts, having a side plan – I had my third book to write and even something as simple as pleasurable distractions in your life – friends, food, travel can help you overcome it. Remember, nothing is to be taken seriously. Frustration is a sign somewhere, you took it too seriously.
__________Chetan Bhagat

7.) Don't bite off more than you can chew because nobody looks attractive spitting it back out.
___________Carroll Bryant

8.) How long are you going to wait before you demand the best for yourself and in no instance bypass the discriminations of reason? You have been given the principles that you ought to endorse, and you have endorsed them. What kind of teacher, then, are you still waiting for in order to refer your self-improvement to him? You are no longer a boy, but a full-grown man. If you are careless and lazy now and keep putting things off and always deferring the day after which you will attend to yourself, you will not notice that you are making no progress, but you will live and die as someone quite ordinary.
From now on, then, resolve to live as a grown-up who is making progress, and make whatever you think best a law that you never set aside. And whenever you encounter anything that is difficult or pleasurable, or highly or lowly regarded, remember that the contest is now: you are at the Olympic Games, you cannot wait any longer, and that your progress is wrecked or preserved by a single day and a single event. That is how Socrates fulfilled himself by attending to nothing except reason in everything he encountered. And you, although you are not yet a Socrates, should live as someone who at least wants to be a Socrates.
___________Epictetus

9.) No matter how many plans you make or how much in control you are, life is always winging it.
__________Carroll Bryant

10.) The moment you stop trying to become a better person, is the moment you start to become worse than what you already are.
____________Carroll Bryant

11.) The only thing standing between you and your dreams is ... reluctance.
__________Carroll Bryant

12.) Life contains but two tragedies. One is not to get your heart’s desire; the other is to get it.
_________Socrates

13.) But a desperate heart will seduce the mind.
___________Mitch Albom

14.) Reading is going toward something that is about to be, and no one yet knows what it will be.
__________Italo Calvino

15.) Every man has forgotten who he is. One may understand the cosmos, but never the ego; the self is more distant than any star.
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God; but thou shalt not know thyself.
We are all under the same mental calamity; we have all forgotten our names. We have all forgotten what we really are. All that we call common sense and rationality and practicality and positivism only means that for certain dead levels of our life we forget that we have forgotten. All that we call spirit and art and ecstasy only means that for one awful moment we remember that we forget.
_____________G.K. Chesterton

16.) The unexamined life is not worth living
_________Socrates

17.) Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent
________Ludwig Wittgenstein

18.) Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily
_________William of Ockham

19.) The life of man (in a state of nature) is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short”
__________Thomas Hobbes

20.) I think therefore I am” (“Cogito, ergo sum”)
_______René Descartes

2 Likes

Re: Chronicles Of Quotes by nigeriancritic1(m): 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2017
VOLTAIRE. THE ONLY SENSIBLE FRENCHMAN. FRANCE HAS NEVER BEEN SERIOUS!
Re: Chronicles Of Quotes by engrMikemd(m): 3:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
kudos
Re: Chronicles Of Quotes by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
engrMikemd:
kudos

Thanks
Re: Chronicles Of Quotes by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 27, 2017
1.) He who thinks great thoughts, often makes great errors
___________Martin Heidegger

2.) We live in the best of all possible worlds
______________Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz

3.) What is rational is actual and what is actual is rational
______________G. W. F. Hegel

4.) God is dead! He remains dead! And we have killed him.
________________Friedrich Nietzsche

5.) There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide
____________Albert Camus

6.) One cannot step twice in the same river
__________Heraclitus

7.) The greatest happiness of the greatest number is the foundation of morals and legislation
__________Jeremy Bentham

8.) To be is to be perceived” (“Esse est percipi”)
___________Bishop George Berkeley

9.) Happiness is not an ideal of reason but of imagination
__________lmmanuel Kant

10.) No man's knowledge here can go beyond his experience
________John Locke

2 Likes

Re: Chronicles Of Quotes by MTHBOSS(m): 6:21pm On Mar 27, 2017
These are not quotes to read and just close the tab, but quotes that needs deep thinking .
Welldone OP.

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of Quotes by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 28, 2017
MTHBOSS:
These are not quotes to read and just close the tab, but quotes that needs deep thinking .
Welldone OP.

Your welcome.

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of Quotes by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 28, 2017
1.) God is not willing to do everything, and thus take away our free will and that share of glory which belongs to us
____________Niccolo Machiavelli

2.) Liberty consists in doing what one desire
___________John Stuart Mill

3.) It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true
____________Bertrand Russell

4.) Even while they teach, men learn
__________Seneca the Younger

5.) There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance
______________Socrates

6.) If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him
_______________Voltaire

7.) This is patently absurd; but whoever wishes to become a philosopher must learn not to be frightened by absurdities
______________Bertrand Russell

8.) One cannot conceive anything so strange and so implausible that it has not already been said by one philosopher or another
___________René Descartes

9.) Leisure is the mother of philosophy
_____________Thomas Hobbes

10.) Philosophy is the battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of language
_____________Ludwig Wittgenstein

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of Quotes by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 29, 2017
1.) There is only one thing a philosopher can be relied upon to do, and that is to contradict other philosophers
_______________William James

2.) We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit
______________Aristotle

3.) Only one man ever understood me, and he didn’t understand me

4.) The mind is furnished with ideas by experience alone
______________John Locke

5.) Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward
____________Søren Kierkegaard

6.) Science is what you know. Philosophy is what you don't know
____________Bertrand Russell

7.) Metaphysics is a dark ocean without shores or lighthouse, strewn with many a philosophic wreck
____________Immanuel Kant

8.) Philosophy is at once the most sublime and the most trivial of human pursuits
____________William James

9.) History is Philosophy teaching by examples
____________Thucydides

10.) He who is unable to live in society, or who has no need because he is sufficient for himself, must be either a beast or a god
_________Aristotle

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of Quotes by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2017
1.) You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation
______________Plato

2.) Things alter for the worse spontaneously, if they be not altered for the better designedly
_____________Francis Bacon

3.) All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
____________Edmund Burke

4.) Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?
_______________Friedrich Nietzsche

5.) I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong
______________Bertrand Russell

6.) Religion is the sign of the oppressed ... it is the opium of the people
_______________Karl Marx

7.) Happiness is the highest good
_____________Aristotle

8.) If men were born free, they would, so long as they remained free, form no conception of good and evil
_____________Baruch Spinoza

9.) The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it
______________Epicurus

10.) Whatever is reasonable is true, and whatever is true is reasonable

11.) Morality is not the doctrine of how we may make ourselves happy, but of how we may make ourselves worthy of happiness
_____________Immanuel Kant

12.) Man is condemned to be free
______________Jean-Paul Sartre

13.) It is one thing to show a man that he is in error, and another to put him in possession of truth
______________John Locke

14.) I don’t know why we are here, but I’m pretty sure it is not in order to enjoy ourselves
_______________Ludwig Wittgenstein

15.) That man is wisest who, like Socrates, realizes that his wisdom is worthless
_______________Plato

16.) The only thing I know is that I know nothing
_____________Socrates

17.) All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds
_____________Voltaire

18.) The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays
______________Søren Kierkegaard

19.) Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains
_______________Jean-Jacques Rousseau

20.) Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest
_____________Denis Diderot

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of Quotes by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 04, 2017
1.) If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things
___________René Descartes

2.) Happiness lies in virtuous activity, and perfect happiness lies in the best activity, which is contemplative
__________Aristotle

3.) I can control my passions and emotions if I can understand their nature
___________Spinoza

4.) Philosophers have hitherto only interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it
____________Karl Marx

5.) It is wrong always, everywhere and for everyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence
____________W. K. Clifford

6.) Virtue is nothing else than right reason
_________Seneca the Younger

7.) Freedom is secured not by the fulfilling of one's desires, but by the removal of desire
__________Epictetus

8.) In everything, there is a share of everything
___________Anaxagoras

9.) A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men’s minds about to religion
____________Sir Francis Bacon

10.) The brave man is he who overcomes not only his enemies but his pleasures
___________Democritus

11.) Good and evil, reward and punishment, are the only motives to a rational creature
___________John Locke

12.) To do as one would be done by, and to love one's neighbour as oneself, constitute the ideal perfection of utilitarian morality
___________John Stuart Mill

13.) Everything that exists is born for no reason, carries on living through weakness, and dies by accident
___________Jean-Paul Sartre

14.) Man is the measure of all things
___________Protagoras

15.) We are too weak to discover the truth by reason alone
____________St. Augustine

16.) The mind is furnished with ideas by experience alone
__________John Locke

17.) Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.
__________Carol Burnett

18.) Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
____________Charles R. Swindoll

19.) Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
___________Thomas A. Edison

20.) Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
___________Helen Keller

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of Quotes by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 06, 2017
1.) Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.
________Og Mandino

2.) It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
_________Confucius

3.) Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on Earth.
____________Bradley Whitford

4.) It always seems impossible until it's done.
_________Nelson Mandela

5.) Quality is not an act, it is a habit.
__________Aristotle

6.) In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.
Nikos Kazantzakis

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of Quotes by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 10, 2017
THE FOLLOWING ARE QUOTES BY "CHRISTOPHER TITUS".

01. Be normal , and the crowd will accept you . Be deranged, and they will make you their leader .

02. Every great man was thought to be insane before he changed the world . Some never changed the world . They were just insane .

03. I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn ' t work .

04. It' s always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it' s funnier .

05. When in doubt, do it.

06. A crappy life is a great excuse to live a crappy life.

07. Always apologize first -- it annoys the crap out of people .

08. "Losing builds character . " You know who said that? A loser .

09. Laugh, and the world laughs with you . Cry , and the world laughs harder .

10. There's a one- in six -billion chance that you ' ll find your soulmate. And that' s if they' re not dead .

11. Learn from your parents ' mistakes. Use birth control.

12. The government favors the most diplomatic language . That 's why any letter to them should always start with , "Dear turkeys and foul maggots . . . "

13. Everyone has an enemy . It ' s why God gave us baseball bats. Well, He gave us trees , but we knew what He meant .

14. Born free . Taxed to death
15. I don't suffer from insanity --I enjoy every minute of it.

16. We are brought into this world cold, weak , and helpless . Then it gets worse .

17. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

18. Passion, manners , and 80 ounces of beer will win the heart of any woman . And if it doesn 't , you ' ll be too hammered to remember .

19. If at first you don't succeed , then drag racing isn't for you .

20. Take the time to smell the roses. Sooner or later , you 'll inhale a bee and die .

21. No problem is so big and difficult that it can' t be blamed on somebody else .

22. Revenge is good. It 's what separates us from the animals and the hippies .

23. Whenever you 're pissed off , just remember that it 's better than being pissed on .

24. Screwed- up people settle fights through violence. Screwed- up people start wars that could kill millions . Normal people settle fights through cookies, cakes , and pies . Normal people are fat .

25. God bless America . But God , please help Canada .

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Will Hear of this - Remix / When One Head Is Better Than Six / 20 Fun Things To Do At a Drivethrough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.