Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

The Law Of Travail. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Law Of Travail. (778 Views)

How Apostle Omotosho Predicted Emir Sanusi’s Travail In 2020 / Challenges Of Being A Pastor’s Kid: Travail & Personal Struggles / Why Is Evil On The Increase If We Believe Law Of Harvest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Law Of Travail. by ichuka(m): 3:17pm On Mar 26, 2017
"Unto the woman he [God] said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children... And unto Adam he said... cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil (sorrow) shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; ...in the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread" (Genesis 3:16,17,19).
"The creation was subjected to vanity... For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain..." (Romans 8:20,22).

The presence of the law of travail in the whole creation is beyond dispute. That it was something imposed by the Creator because of sin is a fundamental truth of the Bible. That it is something not in the first thought of God, but something running counter to man's nature, is common experience. But we are left to draw from God's act and the Bible's teaching the meaning and necessity of travail. What that meaning is lies at the heart of this present meditation.

It can be put very precisely in this way: What costs little is little valued. What comes easily is let go easily. What we suffer over becomes precious. What we labour for is not despised, but jealously guarded. And so on.

That brings us to a surmise and a deduction as to the introduction of this law. But note, the law was not established with partiality. Not only was the woman to be subjected to it, but man also. Then we are told that "the whole creation... travaileth".

The surmise and deduction to which we are brought is that the behaviour of Adam and Eve in the garden implied or indicated a serious lack of reverence and esteem. Everything was made for them and given to them as a trust and a responsibility. They were the custodians of Divine interests. Nothing was an end in itself; all was full of glorious potentialities, to be sacredly guarded and let out to full realisation. It would seem that all was taken too much for granted and as a matter of course. An adequate and governing sense of values was lacking, and they just looked upon everything in the light of how it served their pleasure. This weakness and lack was fully exploited by the discerning tempter, and was made the ground of his assault. Hence, the law of travail was established to counter this disposition. Man must be made to realise that God places a value upon His gifts, and that everything in His mind is costly and precious. What we are not prepared to suffer for we lightly esteem. This is surely and so clearly seen in redemption. Whether it be basic redemption in the Cross of Christ, or the progressive redemption in the Christian's life, or the consummation of redemption in the 'creation's deliverance from the bondage of corruption', and the 'manifestation of the sons of God', all is at very great cost and through deep and anguished travail. Christ sees His seed through the travail of His soul. The Church and true Christians come to spiritual fulness through "the fellowship of his sufferings". The creation itself will come to glory through great upheavals and anguish. The Bible says and shows all this.......
To be continued...,

1 Like

Re: The Law Of Travail. by ichuka(m): 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
But to return to the specific point and its application. If God gives freely and richly He will look for and expect a reverent and serious regard for, respect for, and appraisal of His gifts, as for a sacred trust and responsibility. The presentation of salvation is often too cheap, and that unspeakably costly thing is made a matter of the pleasure of the recipient. The result is that when the true value is involved in a testing ordeal of trial and adversity, many are disappointed and go away. They have not seen that it is something of such value as to be worth suffering for.
If the Lord gives a rich and costly ministry to His people, sooner or later they will pass into a time which will be nothing less than deep and desperate travail, and that ministry will be tested as to how much it really means to those to whom it has been given. The same is true with regard to those who minister. A true servant of God is one in whom, through suffering and passion, that which he gives has been born. His ministry must carry the impress of deep history with God. A merely ritualistic, liturgical service, however devoutly performed, will not produce spiritual men and women. It may make people religious, but that can be true in realms other than Christianity.
To be continued......
Re: The Law Of Travail. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
Very true....we have to gain a deeper understanding of gratitude, stewardship, toil & sacrifice.. perhaps?

2 Likes

Re: The Law Of Travail. by ichuka(m): 10:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
MZLady39:
Very true....we have to gain a deeper understanding of gratitude, stewardship, toil & sacrifice.. perhaps?
Correct.
No matter how free a gift might look,it still cost the giver something.
Re: The Law Of Travail. by ichuka(m): 4:04pm On Mar 28, 2017
Christ's travail was not because there was no religion. There was an abundance of it in Jerusalem and elsewhere. But there was little or no sense of the costliness of God's gifts. Two thousand years of anguish in the case of Israel is God's way of showing that His greatest Gift - Jesus Christ, His Son - cannot be so lightly regarded and disposed of as Israel thought.
The travail of a mother has much to do with her love for her children, unless she is wholly unnatural and subnormal. When the farmer or gardener has toiled and laboured, and spent anxious days and nights over his harvest, he does not lightly esteem the seed or the soil, but cherishes and cares for it.
Let us look at suffering and adversity as God's way of seeking to bring us into His estimate of what He has given. 'He that has suffered most, has most to give.'
Re: The Law Of Travail. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 28, 2017
ichuka:
Christ's travail was not because there was no religion. There was an abundance of it in Jerusalem and elsewhere. But there was little or no sense of the costliness of God's gifts. Two thousand years of anguish in the case of Israel is God's way of showing that His greatest Gift - Jesus Christ, His Son - cannot be so lightly regarded and disposed of as Israel thought.
The travail of a mother has much to do with her love for her children, unless she is wholly unnatural and subnormal. When the farmer or gardener has toiled and laboured, and spent anxious days and nights over his harvest, he does not lightly esteem the seed or the soil, but cherishes and cares for it.
Let us look at suffering and adversity as God's way of seeking to bring us into His estimate of what He has given. 'He that has suffered most, has most to give.'

Very true smiley

1 Like

Re: The Law Of Travail. by ichuka(m): 5:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
MZLady39:

Very true smiley
Yeah!!!
Re: The Law Of Travail. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 22, 2017
Re: The Law Of Travail. by Splinz(m): 5:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
MZLady39:
Ichuka,
Brother I'm really sorry to do this publicly, but since you refuse to listen privately....I have to do it this way..as sickened as I am to have to.

Please "Unfollow" me, stop emailing me, and calling me. I don't know who you are.

I've asked you repeatedly to stop...and you have refused. I warned you (multiple times) that I would do this publicly if you didn't stop bothering me...so you shouldn't be surprised.

People with ulterior motives (scammers) don't win when it comes to me. What you did this morning confirmed what I suspected.

Don't you have a wife & kids to tend to? Or that particular young lady that you spoke about?

All I wanted was clarification about "Marine Spirits" & "Spirit Spouses" way back in March.
You wanted me to "pm" you.

This is exactly why I don't want to answer "pms".
Sorry, but I'm not interested in you....
You don't meet my specifications.

Anyhow, you are creeping me out...coming off "stalkerish".
Remember. ."no" means "no".

Thanks.... smiley
Ngozi

Wow. This is quite embarrassing.
Re: The Law Of Travail. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
Splinz:

Wow. This is quite embarrassing.

1 Like

Re: The Law Of Travail. by Viking007(m): 4:52am On Apr 29, 2017
MZLady39:

My brother,
Very long time. Hope you are doing well.
Yes...this is embarrassing....very much so.
But one never can know what goes on behind "closed doors".
People present 1 face to the public...and another privately.
I really, really didn't want to go this route...but what I wrote was exactly what happened.
I was gonna ask you to remove this...but see he keeps on.
He refuses to stop. You would think embarrassment would stop him...... undecided
Why not block him?
Re: The Law Of Travail. by ScienceWatch: 5:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
MZLady39:
Good day to you. I assume you did not get an answer from Ichuku about your interesting question, "All I wanted was clarification about "Marine Spirits" & "Spirit Spouses" way back in March."

There is a very powerful free spiritual Channel where you can safely learn all you want to know direct from the personal testimonies of hundreds of persons that have had direct personal experiences of the very destructive "Spirit spouses" and "Marine spirits."

You will also learn from many that there are "Spirit of Man" which causes a woman to lust after a woman. The other one is "Spirit of Woman" that causes a man to lust after a man.

Watch all this unfold on Emmanuel TV. I wish you every success on your journey of discovering truth direct from persons that experiences spirit problems and then the awesome solutions that are instantly available if one has a TRUE pastor of the LIGHT.

Everyone can claim to have knowledge or solutions to spirit things, but sadly, it is extremely hard to find persons that had the spirit attacks and can prove that they have also found an effective and complete solution.
Re: The Law Of Travail. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Good day to you. I assume you did not get an answer from Ichuku about your interesting question, "All I wanted was clarification about "Marine Spirits" & "Spirit Spouses" way back in March."

There is a very powerful free spiritual Channel where you can safely learn all you want to know direct from the personal testimonies of hundreds of persons that have had direct personal experiences of the very destructive "Spirit spouses" and "Marine spirits."

You will also learn from many that there are "Spirit of Man" which causes a woman to lust after a woman. The other one is "Spirit of Woman" that causes a man to lust after a man.

Watch all this unfold on Emmanuel TV. I wish you every success on your journey of discovering truth direct from persons that experiences spirit problems and then the awesome solutions that are instantly available if one has a TRUE pastor of the LIGHT.

Everyone can claim to have knowledge or solutions to spirit things, but sadly, it is extremely hard to find persons that had the spirit attacks and can prove that they have also found an effective and complete solution.

Hi Sir/Madam,
I appreciate all of this info you gave me, but I'm not that interested in "Marine Spirits" or "Spirit Spouses". to the extent that I want to watch anything on it.
I didn't grow up in Nigeria...so when I saw the thread on it I was curious...nothing more nothing less.
I haven't lost any sleep on it...nor will I.
I wasn't convinced on the topic...still aren't..but that doesn't matter.
He was one of several who spoke on the subject on that particular thread..and he said he would tell more privately.
Oh, and I absolutely got an answer from him privately as he said he would.
Re: The Law Of Travail. by ScienceWatch: 7:10pm On Apr 30, 2017
MZLady39:

Hi Sir/Madam,
I appreciate all of this info you gave me, but I'm not that interested in "Marine Spirits" or "Spirit Spouses". to the extent that I want to watch anything on it.
I didn't grow up in Nigeria...so when I saw the thread on it I was curious...nothing more nothing less.
I haven't lost any sleep on it...nor will I.
I wasn't convinced on the topic...still aren't..but that doesn't matter.
He was one of several who spoke on the subject on that particular thread..and he said he would tell more privately.
Oh, and I absolutely got an answer from him privately as he said he would.

It is great to hear that you are sorted. All the best.
Re: The Law Of Travail. by ichuka(m): 8:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
In Matt7:18.
Christ said"
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit."it's impossible for one to give/express what is not in his constituent.
Tares can "NEVER" be Wheat.(Matt13:24-30)They(tares)might look,feel,or even taste like Wheat to some believers,but in Time and Season they are separated.
But in regards to "Washing Presumed Dirty Clothes Publicly"
Let's look at the story of Noah.

Gen9:20-27"And Noah began to be a husbandman,and planted a vineyard:and he drink of the wine and was drunken;and he was uncovered "WITHIN"his tent.and Ham,the father of Canaan,saw the unclothedness of his father,and told his two brethren "WITHOUT"..and Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders,and went backward,and covered the unclothedness of their father;and their faces were backward,and they saw not their father's unclothedness and Noah awoke from his wine,and knew what his youngest son had done unto him,and he said "Curse be Canaan;a 'SERVANT' of servants shall he be unto his brethren,and he said,Blessed be Jehovah,the God of Shem;and let Canaan be his Servant.God enlarge japheth,and let him dwell in the tents of Shem;and let Canaan be his servant....Gen9:20-27" In God's plan Noah was the Head of his family.He put the whole family under Noah's authority.but one day Noah became drunk in his vineyard and he uncovered himself in his tent,his youngest son,Ham,saw his father's nakeness and told his two brother's outside(the word outside meant "IN PUBLIC"so far as Noah's conduct was concerned,he certainly was wrong;he should not have been drunk.yet Ham failed to see the dignity of authority.the father is God's instituted authority in the home,but the flesh delights in seeing a defect in authority so as to throw off all restraint.when he saw his father's improper conduct he did not have the slightest sense of SHAME or SORROW,no did he try to cover his father's fault.this reveal's that he had a "REBELLIOUS SPIRIT".he went out instead and told his brethren,pointing out to them his father's ugliness and so adding to himself the sin of REVILING.in the above verse we can observe,though how Shem and Japheth manage the situation.
From the above scripture,it is seen then that the failure of Noah became a TESTto Shem,Ham,Japheth,and Ham's son-Canaan.it revealed who was SUBMISSIVE and who has the "FRUIT" of REBELLIOUS.
After Noah awoke from the wine he prophesied that the descendants of Ham(Canaan) would be cursed and would become the slaves of a slave to their brethren.THE FIRST ONE TO BECOME A SLAVE IN THE BIBLE WAS HAM.
"THRICE" was the sentence pronounced that Canaan would be a slave.indicating that anyone who's not Submissive among his brethren shall be slave to him who does.
He was the first to be cursed after the flood.not knowing the principal of submissiveness,he was made to serve others from generation to generation.
Seed begets Fruits,and the condition of the Fruits reveals the Source of the Seed.
Re: The Law Of Travail. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
Re: The Law Of Travail. by ichuka(m): 10:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
[quote author=MZLady39 post=56080169]Ok folks....
Although I have spoken privately with him, I must sincerely & publicly apologize to brother Ichuka for:

1.) Derailing the Thread
2.) Making Accusations That Hadn't Been Confirmed Which Attacked His Character
3.) Embarrassing Both of Us (Although He Said He Wasn't)

This is not for show. In fact, I'm tremendously embarrased and humiliated. But I did this publicly, so the apology has to be done publicly.

Although I warned him, I acted rather impulsively and shouldn't have done it regardless of whether I felt justified. It was plain & simply wrong.

I desire neither sympathy nor attention....so
PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT.
Just read & if you so desire, pray for me to rise to Christ' standard.

Thanks
Ngozi smiley[/
1John1:8
New International Version
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
Our greatest foe is not the Devil but our "FLESH"
Reason why Paul said "I AM Crucified with Chist..........Gal2:20
"I Am" in the verse meant it's a progressive thing,something we should do "daily"
Our flesh is Currupt beyond repair it must DIE daily for one to RECIEVE his daily divine inheritance he must be crucified with Christ in Calvary daily.
You are blessed Sis.
Re: The Law Of Travail. by ichuka(m): 8:11am On Aug 12, 2018
To appreciate His Gifts in our life's there must be travail!!

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To A Wonderful Man Of God / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/10/17 / Allowing Your Roommate Or Friends Use Your Room For Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.