Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad (1392 Views)

I Haven't Been Paid For 8 Months Now. Please Help My Family. / Advantages Of Using The Vacuum Cleaner For House Cleaning / Wife Surprises Husband After Landlord Stormed Their Home Over House Rent. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by Toonice(m): 3:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
Just want to ask from house, is there anything bad if the wife paid for rent if the husband is broke down financially?
CC: seun, lala, plz help me, I need more advice on this topic Biko my Chairman
Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by Ashleydolls(f): 3:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
There's nothing bad in it. They're both staying in the house

2 Likes

Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by subtlemee(f): 4:17pm On Mar 26, 2017
It's in the bible that she's a help meet,nothing is wrong in her taking up such responsibility once in a while
Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by Ukeachu1(m): 4:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
It's neither good or bad. It's gender equality
Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by marshalcarter: 4:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
the nigga above me......its a gud or bad ans

op

it isn't a bad ideaundecided
Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ask another question bro. Is she not living with the hubby?

1 Like

Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by Toonice(m): 4:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
Some women we start misbehaving, that's y am asking if it is normal. When the wiffy did something Wrong can the husband send d wife packing since she is d one that paid for the rent.
Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by Gloriagee(f): 4:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
shocked shocked

Can the wife send her husband packing if he does something wrong too? Or wat dumb law empowers husbands to send their wives packing? After peeps'll be complaining that women don't contribute to a household's finances. After shes paid rent, ure wondering if she can be sent packing. Wat happened to dialogue, applying resolution techniques or the good ol kissing and making up?

Toonice:
Some women we start misbehaving, that's y am asking if it is normal. When the wiffy did something Wrong can the husband send d wife packing since she is d one that paid for the rent.

6 Likes

Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by Godmother(f): 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
It's not wrong if its a once in a while thing. The husband is not superman and can be broke at anytime and this is where the wife steps in as the helpmeet. Problems will only arise if the man now relaxes and expects the woman to continue paying.
Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by eyinjuege: 6:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
Toonice:

Why would you send your wife out of the house?

Where's she expected to go out of the blues?

You should pack out if you're tired of the union, and if she can't cope alone with the financial responsibility of the house, she will also pack out eventually.

There's nothing wrong if she pays the rent, and I don't expect her to also send you packing out of the house for misbehaving.
The earlier you see and treat your wife as an equal partner with same vested interests in the marriage the better for you.

It doesn't matter who pays the school fees or the rent, or even the feeding. It all depends on the financial capability of those involved.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
Op already thinking of how he will throw his wife out, if she misbehaves even though she paid the house rent. Smmhh.
Well if u are tired of the marriage u can quietly move out of the apartment and seek for divorce properly . No need pondering if u can throw your wife Out. Smmhh
No dialogue. No communication.. Just want to throw out. May God help us oooo.
Orisirisi...the wife does not even know what's coming to her later.. In her mind, she's helping her family and husband. But husband's mind is far off.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nothing wrong with it.
But why would you be thinking of a scenario of one person sending the other out of the house...
Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
in developed countries house rent, glossaries, water and electricity bills are spirit 50 50 btw the couple

So if in a situation there is unresolved conflict btw the couple the man is aware he is the one to be ejected

1 Like

Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by Juliearth(f): 4:57am On Mar 27, 2017
I think Africans need to change their mindset about these things. If a woman has the financial strength and means to foot the house rent,why shouldnt she? The last time I checked,God made man head and woman Neck over the family, meaning that their roles are compementary(husband feeds the family and the wife pays rent if she has the means to)and the Head is as important as the Neck...the head cannot stand nor function without the neck and the neck is useless without the head...This isnt rocket science-'tis common sense.

1 Like

Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by galadima77(m): 6:22am On Mar 27, 2017
Gloriagee:
shocked shocked

Can the wife send her husband packing if he does something wrong too? Or wat dumb law empowers husbands to send their wives packing? After peeps'll be complaining that women don't contribute to a household's finances. After shes paid rent, ure wondering if she can be sent packing. Wat happened to dialogue, applying resolution techniques or the good ol kissing and making up?

I think that a husband harboring the tendency to send his wife packing doesn't deserve financial assistance from the wife....though unfortunately she's married to that kinda man.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by Exponental(m): 8:30am On Mar 27, 2017
Toonice:
Your understanding about marriage is very low. Obviously you are a kid. Who told you couples who celebrate years of marriage never had issues that could warrant break up? Marriage is a maturity thing. Pray God help you with wisdom and maturity to manage it well when you get into it. It's fun if I must confess.

1 Like

Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:11am On Mar 27, 2017
Nothing wrong in a woman paying rent BUT it is advisable that the man up his hustle to pay the rent or see the payment made by the wife as a form of loan and refund her when necessary, and with interest.
Re: Wife Paid For House Rent, Good Or Bad by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
If She Lives In The House,why Should It Be A Problem.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Narrates How His Friend Secretly Built A House Without His Wife Kn / GIVEAWAY On Val's Day! / Ideal Wedding Souvenir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.