Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,611 members, 7,958,849 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:47 AM

CHINENYE: Case Of The Christian Woman Beaten,tken To Sharia Court By Her Husband - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / CHINENYE: Case Of The Christian Woman Beaten,tken To Sharia Court By Her Husband (513 Views)

Woman Beaten By Her Husband Wants Matter Settled Within The Family (Graphic) / Pregnant Woman Beaten To Death By Husband Buried Alongside Her Baby (Graphic) / Pregnant Woman Beaten By Abia Task Force Thugs In Umuahia (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CHINENYE: Case Of The Christian Woman Beaten,tken To Sharia Court By Her Husband by villagecraft: 6:30am On Mar 27, 2017
Lady whose husband took to Sharia court

Much has been written and said about Mrs. Chinenye Ahuakagha. She is from the same local government as her husband in Imo State. They have been married for about 15 years. Mrs. Ahuakagha reported that those years have been marked by series of abuse and domestic violence from her husband. And for all that period, she prayed and hoped it would end.

The couple is based in the outskirt of Abuja, the capital city of Nigeria. The man is a businessman with his hands in many different things – from poultry farming to supplying light arms to the police. He is popular with the local police and the local authorities.

Three weeks ago, the domestic crisis in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Ahuakagha reached that point when the Mr beat the Mrs so badly he knocked off three of her teeth and stabbed her repeatedly with kitchen fork in the presence of their children. The couple have 4 children, while the lady is pregnant with the 5th. In fact, the man was beating his wife so mercilessly even though he knew she was pregnant.

Believing that her life was in danger and not knowing where else to go, the lady came to DPA. We stepped in to stop the violence. We contacted the police and demanded some intervention. After about three weeks of foot dragging, the protests of DPA members finally forced the police to arrest and charge the man. The man was forced to sign an undertaking to not beat his wife again.

The man retaliated by trying to convert his entire family to Islam, thereby creating an avenue to try to divorce his wife in a Sharia court. His calculation was simple. He believed that Islam and the Sharia would be more tolerant of the manner he had abused his wife. (Islmic scholars have debunked the idea that Islam encourages spousal abuse). DPA helped this lady in escaping the sharia law.

Not satisfied with what happened, the man went back to the police and accused his wife of stealing, sometime last year, their TV set and threatening to kill him. Apparently, the man had his friends were well prepared this time – the police and the even the local judge were apparently working for the man. They initiated the process and arrested the woman and charged her with stealing. The judge, playing his part, placed her in police custody for 2 days and then granting her bail in impossible terms. She was finally out on Friday.

While the woman was in detention for two days, the wicked husband changed the lock to their house barring her from coming home. He also goes about now claiming to have obtained a refund of the bride price.

Upon being released, the woman cannot go home. She is in the house of a friend with the same clothes she has worn since Wednesday. So, our first task is to help the woman stabilize. We need to provide her some money to buy some personal things like a change of cloth and toiletries and stuff.

lady whose husband took to Sharia court

Meanwhile,

This was the lady whose husband took to Sharia court seeking a separation and custody of the children.

While the woman was in police detention at the behest of her husband, in apparent collusion with the police and the local judge, the man changed the locks to their house. The woman could not enter the house even to take her personal property. She has been staying in the house of a friend in the neighborhood.

http://www.naaija.com/lady-husband-took-sharia-court/

Re: CHINENYE: Case Of The Christian Woman Beaten,tken To Sharia Court By Her Husband by Nwodosis(m): 6:36am On Mar 27, 2017
Marriage is the most complex institution!
Re: CHINENYE: Case Of The Christian Woman Beaten,tken To Sharia Court By Her Husband by Ashleydolls(f): 6:38am On Mar 27, 2017
Why are men like this. Like why on earth are they like this? Why do they take pride in battering a woman. That woman must have gone through a lot psychologically, mentally, sexually, physically and emotionally. To say men are scyms is not a mere assertion but a statement of fact
Re: CHINENYE: Case Of The Christian Woman Beaten,tken To Sharia Court By Her Husband by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 27, 2017
Ashleydolls:
Why are men like this. Like why on earth are they like this? Why do they take pride in battering a woman. That woman must have gone through a lot psychologically, mentally, sexually, physically and emotionally. To say men are scyms is not a mere assertion but a statement of fact
The hate for men is eating you up deep. The man in question should be condemned not generalizing the act. I don't know if the men around you also behave this way but where I come from we don't. One love sis
Re: CHINENYE: Case Of The Christian Woman Beaten,tken To Sharia Court By Her Husband by Ashleydolls(f): 6:49am On Mar 27, 2017
xoxo001:

The hate for men is eating you up deep. The man in question should be condemned not generalizing the act. I don't know if the men around you also behave this way but where I come from we don't. One love sis
Even If you behave that way I don't expect you to come out and say you do. Men are scum take it or leave it. Go online and see the rate at which women are being battered and abused. What justification do you have for that
Re: CHINENYE: Case Of The Christian Woman Beaten,tken To Sharia Court By Her Husband by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 27, 2017
Ashleydolls:
Even If you behave that way I don't expect you to come out and say you do. Men are scum take it or leave it. Go online and see the rate at which women are being battered and abused. What justification do you have for that
I want you to underline the word "men" That makes your point invalid. I am a man and I don't beat women. My Dad has never for once in his life laid his hands on my mum. You see? Using the act of a man to justify the act of every man is what we call hasty generalisation in philosophy.

(1) (Reply)

Missing Person-Ayodele Solomon Alahirin / Man Steals Goat In Order To Raise Money To Buy JAMB Form / CCTV Footage Shows 4 Men Who Allegedly Killed Security Guards,robbing a complex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.