Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures (67307 Views)

Rice Seed Of The Holy Grail:the Creation Of One Seed Into A Bag Of Rice. / How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) / The Plants And Animals I Saw In My Uncle's Compound (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by JaneWhirlston(f): 9:42am On Aug 04, 2017
You are welcome.
Agritech:

Thanks for sharing
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by jomolu: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2017
Hello sir,pls can u guide us as new intending ugu farmer.how to plant ugu from A-Z.
thanks
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by QUEENCHIGO: 4:09pm On Oct 05, 2017
using fresh manure is not always the best allow your manure to be aired or sunned a bit for a day or two before using.
Please check out these blog posts for more details on how to farm ugu vegetables
http://www.gricd.com.ng/2017/09/28/how-to-prevent-common-pests-and-diseases-in-ugu-pumpkin-leaf-farming-by-using-good-cultivation-practices/
http://www.gricd.com.ng/2017/09/29/using-control-methods-to-eliminate-pest-and-diseases-in-ugu-farming/
INDESTRUCTABLEX:
@op Step 6: Why not fresh manure? And in preparing your compost, how long do you wait?
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Degis(m): 10:54am On Feb 01, 2018
Agritech:
The biggest challenge of ugu farming is the high cost of ugu seeds. Follow to learn the highly guarded secret of obtaining four seedlings from just one seed.

Sorry Ugu seed traders. grin

Cc
seun, lalasticala, Pavore9, FarmTech

Please, can I use sun dried ugu seeds?
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by jimmyj: 9:14pm On Mar 31, 2018
Can you upload videos of how to prune ugwu after 3-4 weeks or how to perform (Topping of the vine) to aide leave production
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Jethrolite(m): 11:07am On May 24, 2018
Agritech:
Watch out for my step by step pictorial guide on how to multiply plantain/banana suckers to give 50 to 200 plantain suckers, using the PIF and MSD technique.
Hello, I am still waiting for this tutorial.
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 24, 2018
jimmyj:
Can you upload videos of how to prune ugwu after 3-4 weeks or how to perform (Topping of the vine) to aide leave production
Waiting for this as well, and is it a must one prune after 4weeks and which organic fertilizer do you use. thanks
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by lanre2009: 5:46pm On May 24, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWlKSZSG29k

Jethrolite:
Hello, I am still waiting for this tutorial.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Jethrolite(m): 6:59pm On May 24, 2018

1 Like

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Jethrolite(m): 7:29pm On May 24, 2018
Agritech:
Watch out for my step by step pictorial guide on how to multiply plantain/banana suckers to give 50 to 200 plantain suckers, using the PIF and MSD technique.
I am about to produce 400 seeds from 100 seeds with this your tutorial. Already got sawdust and compost. I might upload pictures.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by sefani(f): 9:04pm On Jun 05, 2018
Agritech:
thanks for this tutorial. waiting for your plantain sucker multiplication using the PIF technique.thank you
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by sky4r: 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
Will this technique reduce plant yield whatsoever?.
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Asquare84(m): 9:44am On Aug 21, 2018
egopersonified:
I have planted ugu twice in my back yard, failed both times, I planted the third time yesterday and prayed for them
grin

You did not set the seedling right in the hole
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Asquare84(m): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2018
Let me share my ugu garden experience

One day I was coming back from office I decided to buy ugu seedling for 200 naira which is Eight seedling in number

I went back home and planted them out of the eight seedling seven generate successfully

Few week later I discovered that one of the seed that did not germinate was uprooted by rat and kept inside the block, but later on it germinate on it own

Finally the ugu has matured and their is no food I eat now without enough vegetables

The only challenge I have is rat do plug it occasionally.

And the most unique part is that my Neigbour planted the same ugu but without success

I thank God

Attach are with picture of the ugu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by jidestroud(m): 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2018
Asquare84:

One day I was coming back from office I decided to buy ugu seedling for 200 naira which is Eight seedling in number

I went back home and planted them out of the eight seedling seven generate successfully

Few week later I discovered that one of the seed that did not germinate was uprooted by rat and kept inside the block, but later on it germinate on it own

Finally the ugu has matured and their is no food I eat now without enough vegetables

And the most unique part is that my Neigbour planted the same ugu but without success

I thank God

Beautiful success story!!! Kudos
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Asquare84(m): 1:25pm On Aug 21, 2018
jidestroud:

Beautiful success story!!! Kudos

Thank you
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Agritech(m): 7:24pm On Aug 21, 2018
Asquare84:

I thank God

Beautiful, food harvested from one's garden taste sweetest. As for the rat, you could place rat poison close by.

You cold expand your garden by planting other vegetables like pepper.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Asquare84(m): 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2018
Agritech:

Beautiful, food harvested from one's garden taste sweetest. As for the rat, you could place rat poison close by.

You cold expand your garden by planting other vegetables like pepper.

Thank you my brother for the advice. What I want to venture in to again is native fowl I already have a cock and a hen but I am planning to add more since it very much cheaper in my area
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Agritech(m): 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
Asquare84:

Thank you my brother for the advice. What I want to venture in to again is native fowl I already have a cock and a hen but I am planning to add more since it very much cheaper in my area
That's great, they multiple like crazy especially if you have a good hen that is good at taking care of her chicks.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Asquare84(m): 7:41pm On Aug 21, 2018
Agritech:
That's great, they multiple like crazy especially if you have a good hen that is good at taking care of her chicks.

The most unique thing I watch my Neigbour that start her own last year with a single hen now have more than twenty cock and hen after a year

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by sky4r: 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
please will this method reduce the plant yield?.
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Agritech(m): 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
sky4r:
please will this method reduce the plant yield?.

We use this method in our commercial ugu production and there is no reduction in yield.
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by sky4r: 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2018
Thanks for the answer.
appreciate it a lot.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by jidestroud(m): 10:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
Agritech:

We use this method in our commercial ugu production and there is no reduction in yield.
Spot on!!!

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by aka12(m): 10:17pm On Dec 24, 2018
Pls enlighten us more on this
Asquare84:

You did not set the seedling right in the hole
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Asquare84(m): 5:34pm On May 26, 2019
Agritech:
Step 2: Split the seed into two halves. planting in sawdust would make this step easy.

Rain have fully commence in Abuja and I am ready to apply your tutorial

1 Like

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by somessi: 4:39pm On Jun 26, 2019
Asquare84:

I thank God

Good story to learn from. From the pic, pls is that really toppling the vine? Thank you.
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by bosunjohns(m): 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
Agritech:
Materials required.

1. Ugu seeds
2. Sawdust
3.Composted manure

Thanks for sharing this. How can I make a compost manure at home?
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by RuggedSniper: 10:45pm On May 27, 2020
Agritech:

Ugu requires fertile soil for it to do well. Try adding manure to the soil and water regularly. If you are planting on sand, that's bad. Sandy soil isn't fertile and don't hold water. But addition of organic manure corrects some of it's deficiencies.
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by RuggedSniper: 10:47pm On May 27, 2020
Agritech:
Materials required.

1. Ugu seeds
2. Sawdust
3.Composted manure
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by RuggedSniper: 10:52pm On May 27, 2020
Agritech:
Step One: Plant the ugu seeds in sawdust. if the sawdust is in a container, ensure the container is perforated at the bottom so that excess water can drain out.
After about 5-7 days, the ugu seeds would look like this and we would be ready for step 2.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marcotting/Air Layering: Turn A Plant Into A Plantation / Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It. / Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.