Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

"Change Really Begins With Me" Vs "Change Really Begins With Us"? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Change Really Begins With Me" Vs "Change Really Begins With Us"? (396 Views)

Pastor O.o Abel .fighting Corruption Among Youths ! It Begins with You / A Must Read - Change Begins With Me: The Jamb Example / Me VS My Landlord(legal Issue) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Change Really Begins With Me" Vs "Change Really Begins With Us"? by ezechinwa2: 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2017
This popular statement "Change really begins with me" might have some degree of truth in it, but it is entirely true?
Let's assume 10 people live in a small community and only One (1) decided to stop littering the street, after drinking sachet water he will dispose it properly, but the remaining 9 (Nine) are hell bent on littering their environment. Will this approach keep their environment clean or will it only reduce the amount the dirt on the street?

Change really begins with me, in my opinion, doesn't solve the problem, at best case, it only provides a temporary solution to the problem especially when other parties are reluctant to embrace change. The same can be said about how impossible one tree cannot make a forest.
If Nigerians ever want to get to the promise land, using this approach will never get us there, we have to collectively agree, unit and accept the change.
Re: "Change Really Begins With Me" Vs "Change Really Begins With Us"? by prela(f): 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2017
there is no us, even on judgement day each person is going to stand alone

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian Student Writes Open Memo To All FUTO Students / Refusal To Stay Down / Boy In Oshodi Bathes Girl With Acid On Her Birthday Thinking It's A Disinfectant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.