Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,275 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Me VS My Landlord(legal Issue) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Me VS My Landlord(legal Issue) (479 Views)

Landlord Festus Shares Bags Of Rice In Cambodia (Photos) / My Career Vs My Family: Should I Stay Or Leave / "Change Really Begins With Me" Vs "Change Really Begins With Us"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Me VS My Landlord(legal Issue) by ailehwise(m): 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
My father rented a room here in Agege Lagos and plans to relocate back to Edo State as soon as he retire. After his retirement, he waited for me to finish my youth service and take over the room bills. After paying 6months rent and additional 3months making 9months which expired this year March before he left for Edo State. Suprisely, my landlord gave me a typing notice 2nd weeks of april as i have been expecting him to come inform me that my house rent has expired April 1st or before. What was written on the notice was about house increment which payment starts effect from July 1st. well, I never argue with him as I look at him being considerate for three months free before payment. That is April to June. I was surprised He called me last month May that i will need to pay April to June before the new increment which will commence July 1st. I have agreed to disagree with him base on the steps he his planning to take. We have been arguing with each other as he planed to remove my roof, inform his lawyer, and give me quit notice. Why didn't he notify me before increment?Why didn't he inform me immediately when he gave me the notice?because he knew i will not accept it only for him to wait for a while and telling me i must pay the other three months before July 1st. Nairalander, under my watch 5 to 6 tenants that packed out of that house, packed out as a result of quit notice. Before you know, a new tenant comes in.
Pls Lawyers in the house help me should incase we drag ourselves to court. Furthermore, i need advice to follow this man on this issue of face me and face you house ooo.
THANKS
Re: Me VS My Landlord(legal Issue) by Gentlevin: 4:31pm On Jun 01, 2017
@op. But atleast without d landlord tellin u, u ought to know dat u have to pay ur rent for april to june since it expired march 2017. U should make effort to pay up and then try to speak calmly wit ur landlord in respect to d increment. Going to court is not a free affair unless if u have d cash to spend there.
Re: Me VS My Landlord(legal Issue) by ailehwise(m): 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
Gentlevin:
@op. But atleast without d landlord tellin u, u ought to know dat u have to pay ur rent for april to june since it expired march 2017. U should make effort to pay up and then try to speak calmly wit ur landlord in respect to d increment. Going to court is not a free affair unless if u have d cash to spend there.
increment without notification
Re: Me VS My Landlord(legal Issue) by Gentlevin: 4:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
ailehwise:

increment without notification
Read ur post @op. U were informed of the increment but u assumed dat u would be free of april to june rent payment...
Re: Me VS My Landlord(legal Issue) by ailehwise(m): 4:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
Gentlevin:
Read ur post @op. U were informed of the increment but u assumed dat u would be free of april to june rent payment...
i should be inform before my house rent expired not after

(1) (Reply)

Why Digestion Is Messed Up During Your Period / A Quick Quiz: The Miracle In Your Mouth / Serena Williams’ 75 Year Old Dad Files For Divorce From Wife, Accuses Her Of The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.