Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Social Memories Of Growing Up In The 70's, 80's And 90's In 9ja - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Social Memories Of Growing Up In The 70's, 80's And 90's In 9ja (3078 Views)

Photos: Good old memories! / 6 Memorable Things We Did As Kids (Children Of The 70's And Early 80's) / Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Social Memories Of Growing Up In The 70's, 80's And 90's In 9ja by Orilee9ice(m): 12:40pm On Dec 23, 2009
C'mon guys lets go down memory lane and remember events of our growing up at home, at school. (pry and secondary) up 2 Uni, i dunno about u but i lived in an exclusive area of Lagos then (humm, you need to see all the houses there now, they are all commercial, converted to Eatries, Fashion shops, etc) with the usual Mind Your Own Bizness, wasnt allowed to step outta the huge gate we had, so it looked like we were behind a prison gate, the only time we saw anyone was when the driver horned to open the gate cos "popsie " was back from work, or when we actually went out in the car as a family to church on Sunday , WE WERE DROPPED AT SCHOOL AND PICKED UP IN THE AFTERNOON, BUS KEE! KA MAA RII!!, (rememeber the era of all the Ghanians coming to Lagos (GHANA- MUST- GO), We had 2 Drivers, House helps, Gardener, Wash-man and even Lesson Teacher sef!- all living in our boy's quarters) the occasional walking up and down our street was a luxury and we had to dress up to do that too cos u didnt know who might see you, and you had to represent (that  u only did your shopping for all your "wears" and "tings" during your summer holidays in London or America, you know what i mean now! on Popsie's account!), it was proper AJEBOTA behaviour until i got to Secondary school, not to talk of Uni (UNILAG) and NYSC (ABUJA), which was another matter,   so, whats your story??
Re: Social Memories Of Growing Up In The 70's, 80's And 90's In 9ja by sd6: 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2009
Do you still have that silver spoon you were born with?
Re: Social Memories Of Growing Up In The 70's, 80's And 90's In 9ja by DrogbaFan: 4:50pm On Dec 24, 2009
My story is the exact opposite of yours, It was tough, but I'm doing well now.
Re: Social Memories Of Growing Up In The 70's, 80's And 90's In 9ja by slimes(m): 9:56pm On Dec 24, 2009
Orilee9ice:

C'mon guys lets go down memory lane and remember events of our growing up at home, at school. (pry and secondary) up 2 Uni, i dunno about u but i lived in an exclusive area of Lagos then (humm, you need to see all the houses there now, they are all commercial, converted to Eatries, Fashion shops, etc) with the usual Mind Your Own Bizness, wasnt allowed to step outta the huge gate we had, so it looked like we were behind a prison gate, the only time we saw anyone was when the driver horned to open the gate cos "popsie " was back from work, or when we actually went out in the car as a family to church on Sunday , WE WERE DROPPED AT SCHOOL AND PICKED UP IN THE AFTERNOON, BUS KEE! KA MAA RII!!, (rememeber the era of all the Ghanians coming to Lagos (GHANA- MUST- GO),  We had 2 Drivers, House helps, Gardener, Wash-man and even Lesson Teacher sef!- all living in our boy's quarters) the occasional walking up and down our street was a luxury and we had to dress up to do that too cos u didnt know who might see you, and you had to represent (that  u only did your shopping for all your "wears" and "tings" during your summer holidays in London or America, you know what i mean now! on Popsie's account!), it was proper AJEBOTA behaviour until i got to Secondary school, not to talk of Uni (UNILAG) and NYSC (ABUJA), which was another matter,   so, whats your story??
Similar. I had well scrutinized friends and my parents made sure i did not join bad gangs
Re: Social Memories Of Growing Up In The 70's, 80's And 90's In 9ja by Orilee9ice(m): 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2009
D
o you still have that silver spoon you were born with?
@ sd-6
yes oh! my broda to the Glory of God and i am passing it unto my children as well, one thing i thank God for is that my parents thaught me well even though i thought they were pretty harsh at the time, i am enjoying the rewards now, but i am also teaching them the values of life, money, and everything in life so they dont take it for granted
Besides Children of nowadays dont that the fond memories that we had cos we tend to give them all we didnt have when we were growing up, imagine having a computer or laptop and a telly in your room, (back then, for where, )
Re: Social Memories Of Growing Up In The 70's, 80's And 90's In 9ja by sd6: 6:38pm On Dec 28, 2009
@orile nice. Sure thats the best thing to do. Those whose parents were educated in the early days are really enjoying it now. Well maybe i may have to start building up for my kids nw. U're opportuned i must say

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Apply For Gulder Ultimate Search / PHOTOS: See The Combatant Grade Car Nnamdi Kanu Is Inspecting / Train Crushes Man In Agege After He Falls Off [extremely Graphic Image]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.