Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Help Needed, Doctors And Pharmacists I Need Your Expert Advice On This. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help Needed, Doctors And Pharmacists I Need Your Expert Advice On This. (579 Views)

Delta Doctors And Nurses Refuse To Attend To Accident Victim (Disturbing Photos) / Doctors And Pharmacists In The House, Kindly Help!! / Doctors And Pharmacists: Need Clarification Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed, Doctors And Pharmacists I Need Your Expert Advice On This. by Senipapa(m): 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2017
Honestly I don't know what happened to me yesterday, was having symptoms of malaria and someone advised me to get quinine tablet, I bought and took at morning and afternoon, but at night I noticed I could hardly pick out a sound anymore from what someone said to me unless the person shouted, with strange continuous sound ringing on my ear non stop. At a point I thought I was going deaf so I immediately stopped the drug and late this morning my hearing capacity returned to normal. Please doctors and pharmacist in the house is this a known side effect of the drug or do I need to go for check up cos the person who prescribed the drug said he has never felt such after taking it, which makes me worried.
Re: Help Needed, Doctors And Pharmacists I Need Your Expert Advice On This. by CatfishBilly: 4:00pm On Mar 27, 2017
Senipapa:
Honestly I don't know what happened to me yesterday, was having symptoms of malaria and someone advised me to get quinine tablet, I bought and took at morning and afternoon, but at night I noticed I could hardly pick out a sound anymore from what someone said to me unless the person shouted, with strange continuous sound ringing on my ear non stop. At a point I thought I was going deaf so I immediately stopped the drug and late this morning my hearing capacity returned to normal. Please doctors and pharmacist in the house is this a known side effect of the drug or do I need to go for check up cos the person who prescribed the drug said he has never felt such after taking it, which makes me worried.
What you have is called cinchonism and it's a side effect of quinine containing drug.
Stop the drug if you haven't already.
Next time, go to a professional instead of self medication.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed, Doctors And Pharmacists I Need Your Expert Advice On This. by thesicilian: 4:04pm On Mar 27, 2017
Next time it's blindness you'll experience if you don't learn to get help from the appropriate experts. Like the poster above me has said, hearing loss (deafness) or sounds in the ear (tinnitus) can occur with the use of quinine especially when overdosed, although it sometimes occurs even at normal doses. You may not need further check up for the hearing loss, since it has returned to normal, but I'll still advise you to visit the hospital (not pharmacy) for proper diagnosis and treatment of your 'malaria'.
Re: Help Needed, Doctors And Pharmacists I Need Your Expert Advice On This. by Ofemmanu1: 4:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
The person that prescribed quinine for you must be a flatheaded jew.
Re: Help Needed, Doctors And Pharmacists I Need Your Expert Advice On This. by Senipapa(m): 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2017
CatfishBilly:

What you have is called cinchonism and it's a side effect of quinine containing drug.
Stop the drug if you haven't already.
Next time, go to a professional instead of self medication.
I have stopped it, thanks very much, I appreciate.
Re: Help Needed, Doctors And Pharmacists I Need Your Expert Advice On This. by Senipapa(m): 5:32pm On Mar 27, 2017
thesicilian:
Next time it's blindness you'll experience if you don't learn to get help from the appropriate experts.
Haba, you harsh o, thanks for the advice anyway.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Autism Awareness Week---seeing The World From A Different Angle / Highest Quality Of Opthalmic Care With The Best Eye Surgeon / On Meningitis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.