Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year (28621 Views)

Two Sentenced To Death For Killing Rofiat Damilola Adebisi, UNIOSUN Student / Boy Beaten With A Hammer By His Mother In Kaduna, Rescued By State Government / Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by greatnation2: 7:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/498
Based on 2015 data, Lagos State has the highest number of un-sentenced detainees. The state recorded 5,603 Un-sentenced detainees out of a prison population of 6,522, filled by Rivers and Edo States with 3,625 and 2,434 un-sentenced detainees

Conversely, Yobe and Borno States had the least numbers of Un-Sentenced Detainees of 163 and 216 out of a prison population of 562 and 603 respectively.

Of the 36 states of the federation, Lagos State had the highest prison population in the country with 6,522 inmates, closely followed by Kano and Rivers States with populations of 4,082 and 4,054 respectively.

The overall prison population in the country for 2015 was 62,260 as against 56, 059 in 2014. The increases in prison population in 2015 represents about 11.06% growth in comparison to the overall prison population in 2014.

Data source: National Bureau of Statistics

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by triplewisdom: 8:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
SW number of prisoners plenty sha.

8 Likes

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by greatnation2: 8:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by ehinmowo: 9:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
i cn bet my balls dt Nigeria prison servuce does nt hav accurate record of prisoners in Nigeria.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by ozoebuka1(m): 9:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
ehinmowo:
i cn bet my balls dt Nigeria prison servuce does nt hav accurate record of prisoners in Nigeria.
seconded but I ain't betting my balls tho' grin

103 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by ThinkSmarter: 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2017
When u look @Ekiti and Kogi, u will recall that
Education is correlated with Less Crime/Social vice rate.

I am not surprised, Rivers with their........

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by ayatt(m): 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2017
hmm okay
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by soberdrunk(m): 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2017
angry
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Moreoffaith(m): 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
If I no see Ogun for for top I go protest ooi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Debaddest(m): 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
I don't even know what to say than to say "HI" to my brothers and sisters from the other side known as Brown Roof republic (Sawt Waste).

11 Likes

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by hotspec(m): 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
CHAIII: Naija is fantastically finished

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by urCreator(m): 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
Crime rate on increase here in Nigeria.
While. ..

18 Likes

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by dreamwords: 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
angry
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by asumo12: 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
cry
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Marcus01: 9:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
triplewisdom:
SW number of prisoners plenty sha.
how won't it be plenty. When people from different tribes won't stop trooping there. You'll be shocked at the number of igbos in Ile Ife. Ile Ife oh. Conc village. Wey be people's home town. Smh

32 Likes

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by toyinjimoh(m): 9:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
May it never be our portion by God Grace

6 Likes

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Syrakudz: 9:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
Edo I hail thee
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by housestark: 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
When u look @Ekiti and Kogi, u will recall that
Education is correlated with Less Crime/Social vice rate.

Then why doesn't the Northern Region have the highest number of prisoners?

22 Likes

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Joshmedia1: 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2017

4 Likes

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Dottore: 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2017
People wasting away because of failed judiciary system.
Justice in Nigeria only favourable the highest bidder. Nonsense country

3 Likes

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Einl(m): 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
If you enter the National Assembly or Aso Rock, you'd find more prisoners... just that they haven't been arrested yet.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by SoldierofPeace(m): 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
dat is half of nigeria population ..locked up for one crime or d other ...10% of d inmate might b innocent ..bt serving nd wasting their lyf n destiny ..may God neva let us b cage in lyf ..amen

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by ehinmowo: 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
ozoebuka1:
seconded but I ain't betting my balls tho' grin

lolzzzzzz.....I meant my tennis balls...lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by ThinkSmarter: 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
housestark:

Then why doesn't the Northern Region have the highest number of prisoners?
the north is somehow tamed by religion [Islam].
The south is more liberal for various crimes to breed.
If not cuz of BokoHaram insurgency and religious war, North would have been the region with the lowest crime rate.

5 Likes

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by scantee(m): 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
Enugu my beloved state shall be no crime state in the year 2020.

Ka ole ka nsi kwu ya.

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Pavore9: 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
Some people are making money from these figures.
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by emperorAY(m): 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
Pls d govt need to set up criminal courts if possible to clear dis backlog of unsentence immate.
Imagine hw some innocent pple will be feeling
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Negotiate: 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
South East na Biafrans
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by lonelydora: 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2017
Nigerians should learn to start doing the right thing so that crime should reduce.

While we are having numerous prisoners, Netherlands is closing some of their prisons due to lack of inmates because their citizens chose to be doing the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by osazsky(m): 9:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
NCAN edo zone abort mission abort mission over, I repeat abort mission over over
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by ttmacoy: 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
Haha I was thinking the same. Those numbers are too low

ehinmowo:
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by fuckboys: 9:30pm On Mar 27, 2017
y'all can see south east has the lowest compared to South west, later them go dey raise mouth for crime section angry

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees / Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Girlfriend In Italy (photos) / Two Die As Fulani, Yoruba Clash In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.