Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

See What Happened To Me In School Today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See What Happened To Me In School Today (2284 Views)

South African Schoolgirls Smoking In School. See Reactions (Photos) / Stephanie Idolor Is A Scam—man Who Visited Success’ Mom Narrates What Happened / What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Happened To Me In School Today by Zellie: 8:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
Nigeria is a really messed up place to study. This is what happened to me today.

I have an anatomy test on the 31st of this month, a practical test. So this morning, I left my hostel for the anatomy museum, with the intention of becoming fairly acquainted with some of the bones, models of internal organs they had before the test on Thursday.

When I got there, I wanted to start with the Clavicle. I noticed it wasn't there and none of my other classmates were studying it either so I went to the attendant's office to request for it. He told me it was there, that I should search for it properly. He was being very rude and impolite, but he's quite old and I needed his help so it was okay. I searched again, no luck, so I went back to tell him the same thing I told him the first time. THERE WAS NO CLAVICLE.

After so much grovelling, begging and promising not to take it outside the museum, he finally let me have it. I was relieved. I filled out a form, wrote down my name, phone number and some other things I don't remember anymore ( I'm not a frequent borrower of bones), this is now where the trouble started o. The man SAID he tried calling my phone but it didn't go through, he tried only ONCE and network in that museum was really shitty, mine at least. He probably didn't even try at all and was just desperately looking for something to pin on me because apparently, one of my classmates recently reported him to the HOD of the department for something similar ( I'm not very sure what happened).

He called me back and asked why my number wasn't going through. I said i didn't know so I tried to look for my phone inside the bag I was holding buy I couldn't find it, I just assumed I forgot it in the hostel when I was rushing out. He refused to listen, he said I should return the bone, that I gave him a wrong number. Sigh. Tried to explain but he insisted. I gave up, went to my seat to collect the bone and give it back to him. . Fortunately (well, not really), as I trying to get the bone, I saw the bloody phone under my atlas. I was happy again, I might finally get to study this clavicle.

I went back to the man and told him I'd found my phone, and asked ( asked not told o) if he
could try the number again. Then he started going on about how I don't know how old he is, and how I could have the guts to tell him to try again , and if I liked, I should go and tell the HOD and some other incoherent mumblings. He collected the bone, accused me of wanting to hide bones from the museum inside my bag , so he sent me out and told me never to come there again. Afterwards he came outside to tell everyone I gave him a wrong number , and i thought i was smart bla bla blah. Imagine such embarrassment, for wanting to pass a test. I wanted to report him to the HOD because I was really angry, but I just thought there was a possibly of it putting us in more trouble. I don't know, you know how these things are. So I just explained what happened to one of the lecturers , he called the museum man and talked to him, then advised that I apologized, even though I was obviously being oppressed , cos he's an old man.

That was how I apologized for doing nothing sad , pity.

This rather unfortunate and disheartening incident further proves how really backward we are in this country. It would take years to get out of this mess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by torres89: 8:30pm On Mar 27, 2017
Zellie:
Nigeria is a really messed up place to study. This is what happened to me today.

I have an anatomy test on the 31st of this month, a practical test. So this morning, I left my hostel for the anatomy museum, with the intention of becoming fairly acquainted with some of the bones, models of internal organs they had before the test on Thursday.

When I got there, I wanted to start with the Clavicle. I noticed it wasn't there and none of my other classmates were studying it either so I went to the attendant's office to request for it. He told me it was there, that I should search for it properly. He was being very rude and impolite, but he's quite old and I needed his help so it was okay. I searched again, no luck, so I went back to tell him the same thing I told him the first time. THERE WAS NO CLAVICLE.

After so much grovelling, begging and promising not to take it outside the museum, he finally let me have it. I was relieved. I filled out a form, wrote down my name, phone number and some other things I don't remember anymore ( I'm not a frequent borrower of bones), this is now where the trouble started o. The man SAID he tried calling my phone but it didn't go through, he tried only ONCE and network in that museum was really shitty, mine at least. He probably didn't even try at all and was just desperately looking for something to pin on me because apparently, one of my classmates recently reported him to the HOD of the department for something similar ( I'm not very sure what happened).

He called me back and asked why my number wasn't going through. I said i didn't know so I tried to look for my phone inside the bag I was holding buy I couldn't find it, I just assumed I forgot it in the hostel when I was rushing out. He refused to listen, he said I should return the bone, that I gave him a wrong number. Sigh. Tried to explain but he insisted. I gave up, went to my seat to collect the bone and give it back to him. . Fortunately (well, not really), as I trying to get the bone, I saw the bloody phone under my atlas. I was happy again, I might finally get to study this clavicle.

I went back to the man and told him I'd found my phone, and asked ( asked not told o) if he
could try the number again. Then he started going on about how I don't know how old he is, and how I could have the guts to tell him to try again , and if I liked, I should go and tell the HOD and some other incoherent mumblings. He collected the bone, accused me of wanting to hide bones from the museum inside my bag , so he sent me out and told me never to come there again. Afterwards he came outside to tell everyone I gave him a wrong number , and i thought i was smart bla bla blah. Imagine such embarrassment, for wanting to pass a test. I wanted to report him to the HOD because I was really angry, but I just thought there was a possibly of it putting us in more trouble. I don't know, you know how these things are. So I just explained what happened to one of the lecturers , he called the museum man and talked to him, then advised that I apologized, even though I was obviously being oppressed , cos he's an old man.

This rather unfortunate and disheartening incident further proves how really backward we are in this country. It would take years to get out of this mess.

don't use one person as a comparison with every one in the country.

in other words stop generalising.

that aside ....

wetin person wan thief bone for

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by Zellie: 8:32pm On Mar 27, 2017
torres89:

don't use one person as a comparison with every one in the country.

in other words stop generalising.

that aside ....

wetin person wan thief bone for
To cook soup now

4 Likes

Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by ikbnice(m): 8:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
Some have experienced worse
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by Zellie: 8:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
ikbnice:
Some have experienced worse
makes this okay? It should stop

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by Elthugnificent(m): 8:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
That's a trend I have notice in Nigeria, the employee in most government agency normally act as if they are doing some form of favour when it is actually your right. I use to be very cool about it just the way you handle everything with the man.

But this days, I just tell everybody off when it comes to service I rightly deserve. Normally go as far as reporting the person to his/her boss.
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by Mrjo(m): 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
He try nọ it wasnt going. Know that the man is serving public, so things do happend. Bt next time try to be in order

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by Zellie: 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
Mrjo:
He try nọ it wasnt going. Know that the man is serving public, so things do happend. Bt next time try to be in order
I don't understand.
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by Mrjo(m): 9:44pm On Mar 27, 2017
Zellie:
I don't understand.
next time u ar looking for bone goto slughter or cemetry
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by Dailymercy: 9:49pm On Mar 27, 2017
study ur Netter's now...

1 Like

Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by Dailymercy: 9:50pm On Mar 27, 2017
students can steal those bones o...
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by 3coins(m): 10:03pm On Mar 27, 2017
you were very angry. . . .so you get angry? grin
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by blessedvisky(m): 12:34am On Mar 28, 2017
Dailymercy:
study ur Netter's now...
Àbí oo.
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by blessedvisky(m): 12:35am On Mar 28, 2017
Zellie:

Which school is that? By the way? Why not sit down and read it in your textbooks? I believe Netter's and Keith Moore have enough diagrams
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by Zellie: 1:56am On Mar 28, 2017
It's better when studied with the real thing .
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by Zellie: 1:58am On Mar 28, 2017
3coins:
you were very angry. . . .so you get angry? grin
Lol gerrarahere
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by 3coins(m): 5:46am On Mar 28, 2017
Zellie:
Lol gerrarahere
grin
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by samwise99(m): 11:42am On Mar 28, 2017
blessedvisky:

Which school is that? By the way? Why not sit down and read it in your textbooks? I believe Netter's and Keith Moore have enough diagrams

Yeah Keith Moore have enough diagrams.... Bt
Since he is studying for Practical exam.... Its very very necessary to study the life bones.....
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by chuks34(m): 3:33pm On Mar 28, 2017
Mr bones grin
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by idu1(m): 7:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
Zellie:
Lol gerrarahere
na bsc anatomy u dey study?
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by Elthugnificent(m): 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2017
chuks34:
Mr bones grin
Lol, was that the only thing you picked up from the epistel.
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by Omonoba1: 7:32pm On Mar 28, 2017
Zellie:

Firstly,i don't really see any cause for alarm or long write-up here.. You went to borrow bone (which is a privilege not a right) and your number when tried didn't ring.. You don't expect the man to allow you go with it when he can't contact you to return it.. Secondly, your steeple chase test is on Friday and that particular clavicle might actually be in one of the stations, so it has to be safeguarded.. During my preclinicals, the museum rarely gave out bones few days to the test/exam cos they are among the specimen. Thirdly, you are further complicating issues for yourself by reporting an Old Man to probably a young lecturer..Learn to respect elders cos the Medical/Dental school is based on hierarchy and following instructions & utmost respect for elders is paramount cos those Museum, lab attendants or even prosector can either make or Mar you.. THIS IS NIGERIA! lastly, thank your stars you didn't go to report to the HOD else even a female PCV would be higher than your test score .
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by samwise99(m): 7:58pm On Mar 28, 2017
chuks34:
Mr bones grin

lol
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by sEGXY2(m): 11:06pm On Mar 28, 2017
Omonoba1:
Firstly,i don't really see any cause for alarm or long write-up here.. You went to borrow bone (which is a privilege not a right)
Borrowing from the school library is not a privilege, its usually included in your fee so you're entitled to it

and your number when tried didn't ring.. You don't expect the man to allow you go with it when he can't contact you to return it.. Secondly, your steeple chase test is on Friday and that particular clavicle might actually be in one of the stations, so it has to be safeguarded.. During my preclinicals, the museum rarely gave out bones few days to the test/exam cos they are among the specimen. Thirdly, you are further complicating issues for yourself by reporting an Old Man to probably a young lecturer.
Respect should be earned actually, don't demand for standards you don't measure up to
Learn to respect elders cos the Medical/Dental school is based on hierarchy and following instructions & utmost respect for elders is paramount cos those Museum, lab attendants or even prosector can either make or Mar you.. THIS IS NIGERIA! lastly, thank your stars you didn't go to report to the HOD else even a female PCV would be higher than your test score .
. If you've ever been a victim or happen to witness the way public office holders treat citizens who require access to essential government service you wouldn't speak this way
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by Dailymercy: 11:17pm On Mar 28, 2017
Omonoba1:
Firstly,i don't really see any cause for alarm or long write-up here.. You went to borrow bone (which is a privilege not a right) and your number when tried didn't ring.. You don't expect the man to allow you go with it when he can't contact you to return it.. Secondly, your steeple chase test is on Friday and that particular clavicle might actually be in one of the stations, so it has to be safeguarded.. During my preclinicals, the museum rarely gave out bones few days to the test/exam cos they are among the specimen. Thirdly, you are further complicating issues for yourself by reporting an Old Man to probably a young lecturer..Learn to respect elders cos the Medical/Dental school is based on hierarchy and following instructions & utmost respect for elders is paramount cos those Museum, lab attendants or even prosector can either make or Mar you.. THIS IS NIGERIA! lastly, thank your stars you didn't go to report to the HOD else even a female PCV would be higher than your test score .
hahahahaha.. PCV..lol
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by Omonoba1: 1:15am On Mar 29, 2017
sEGXY2:
Borrowing from the school library is not a privilege, its usually included in your fee so you're entitled to it

Respect should be earned actually, don't demand for standards you don't measure up to . If you've ever been a victim or happen to witness the way public office holders treat citizens who require access to essential government service you wouldn't speak this way
there is a difference between school library and school Museum where you are borrowing human bone..
Secondly, if you're in the medical field, you will know that elders are elders,you must respect them.. A house officer dares not challenge a senior reg..
Anyways, that's all I can say in this matter and we all have our opinion.
Re: See What Happened To Me In School Today by chuks34(m): 9:22am On Mar 30, 2017
Elthugnificent:

Lol, was that the only thing you picked up from the epistel.
yes o. it all started from Bones wink

(1) (Reply)

See Where Our School Project Finally Ended After The Stress (photo) / How To Obtain PhD Grade / Very Poor State Of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Nnewi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.