Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! (23290 Views)

Stop Holding Your Farts In. Here Are 7 Surprising Reasons Why Farting Is Good Fo / 13 Facts About Farting You Probably Didn't Know / Top 5 Shocking Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 28, 2017
I thought pretty ladies don't fart...

Unfortunately, i have been proven wrong angry

[img]https://media.fyre.co/ZG1sGBJ8Rw6MVLH8PhDd_get%20%287%29[/img]
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by ntbeatz(m): 10:48am On Mar 28, 2017
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by timmycris(m): 10:48am On Mar 28, 2017
wen I dy skul, a guy farted outside my window! Dat mess was deadly af dat it came to meet us in d room! we ran out not knowing Wetin dy ouside sef pass Wetin dy inside! we almost killed d guy
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by thinkmoney(m): 10:50am On Mar 28, 2017
Ffbbuuuuuuu...oops sorry
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by tosyne2much(m): 10:53am On Mar 28, 2017
OP, I don't fart yet I'm highly healthy.. How do you explain that? cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Divinehenrich(m): 10:56am On Mar 28, 2017
OP, what of those that fart during when they urinate? is that also normal?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by ShoProperties(m): 10:59am On Mar 28, 2017
My fart suppose don do atomic bomb cos If a person were to fart continuously for 6 years and 9 months, they would produce gas with the equivalent energy of an atomic bomb.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by FavoredGuy: 11:00am On Mar 28, 2017
You mean it? Fart here I come. My roommates don suffer. Dem go dey receive am from me like anointing.

To all my roommates:
My apologies in advance. Make una no vex ooo. Na wetin I learn from nairaland today I won practise so.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Valeriano(m): 11:00am On Mar 28, 2017
some mess no be here ooo.... grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by erosimo(m): 11:01am On Mar 28, 2017
O boy, e get one good Sunday morning for church service o, na so one random guy just fart and the whole church turned into confusion even the crucifix of christ had to cover his nose because that day na die. embarassed

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Rtopzy(f): 11:11am On Mar 28, 2017
gabonsky:

Na lie, Lalasticlalas mess dey smell well with nairaland anointing....
Lolz
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Rtopzy(f): 11:11am On Mar 28, 2017
gabonsky:

Na lie, Lalasticlalas mess dey smell well with nairaland anointing....
Lolz
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by jabolo(m): 11:16am On Mar 28, 2017
God forgive me - whenever I see this picture, I have nightmares of being caught in the midddle of the gaseous eruptions sure to follow ...

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by fortunekaura(m): 11:17am On Mar 28, 2017
[color=#990000][/color] its ok to fart, but you have to check where you are.. So you dont disgrace yourself or disturb the people there
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by Jumbus31(m): 11:18am On Mar 28, 2017
The odor of my fart can kill mosquito ;DThe odor of my fart can kill mosquito
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by AlphaStyles(m): 11:20am On Mar 28, 2017
some fart belike atomic+nuclear bomb even fly fit die from d smell
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by pat1612(m): 11:45am On Mar 28, 2017
Study of fart is called fartology grin grin grin

OP degree is for you cool cool

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by babybrace(f): 12:15pm On Mar 28, 2017
tosyne2much:
OP, I don't fart yet I'm highly healthy.. How do you explain that? cool
you can lie for Africa eh tongue
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by PrinzCarter(m): 12:31pm On Mar 28, 2017
Gals fart can smell eh Jesu , one gal just dropped one ,everybody took cover .... undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by kirchofff(m): 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
vizkiz:
You never enter suffocated danfo bus and one idiot releases "mess" that smells like rotten eggs before abi? angry

I will never forget the day I took a Bus and the lady beside me polluted. The bad news was the place I sat that day is quite far from the windows the smell was so horrible. Like a child died in her, I was literally gasping for air cry
gasping for air? That means u were also taking in more farts
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by praisekeyzz(m): 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
Some mess allow rapture take place before the set time
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by sirusX(m): 12:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
Hmmm....this kain thing get benefit shocked
Make people no dey complain again ooo

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by ddjay: 1:04pm On Mar 28, 2017
fmmmm chai
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by DonBobes(m): 1:38pm On Mar 28, 2017
gabonsky:
No use denying it: you fart.

Everyone does. And that’s actually a good thing.
This is not only normal, it’s healthy.
Gases build up in the colon as the result of undigested food. A healthy person farts an average of 20 times a day.

Gas production can increase due to poor digestion of certain foods, food sensitivity or intolerance (e.g., celiac disease, lactose intolerance), bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine, or the presence of some forms of bacteria in the digestive system that produce more gas than others.

Why It’s Good To Fart
No, you won’t explode if you don’t release pent-up gas but here are some valid reasons that you’re better off letting it fly.

1. Relieves Bloating
We all know what abdominal bloating feels like; it’s quite uncomfortable, making you feel like an over-inflated tire. Bloating can be caused by illness but is much more likely from something you ate (1).

Legumes like beans and lentils are musical fruits, indeed. Grains like wheat, rye, and barley can also make your digestive system work overtime, trapping gas and making you feel bloated and overly full. There’s no other real remedy for bloating than release through a good fart.

Increased discomfort occurs when you can’t get the gas out—try the wind relieving yoga pose to help your intestines to push it out.

2. Indicates Digestive Health
Gut bacteria are essential for health. When they become imbalanced or there aren’t enough of the good kind, food isn’t broken down properly or efficiently. By the time waste gets to your colon, it’s not been as thoroughly processed as it should be.

Beneficial bacteria in your body (and there are 100 trillion of them) break down food, help to eliminate metabolic waste, monitor and destroy harmful bacteria, and perform a host of other necessary activities. Having an ample supply is crucial for overall health; there is growing evidence that imbalance of gut bacteria can even affect the brain, leading to anxiety and depression (2).

If you fart around the average amount, it’s an indication that the micro-organisms in your lower digestive tract are working properly.

3. Flatulence and Diet
Farting can give you an idea on whether or not your diet suits your body.

If you don’t fart much, it may mean your gut bacteria aren’t getting necessary nourishment. They feed on complex carbohydrates. Eat more legumes (beans, lentils), whole grains, cruciferous vegetables (brussels sprouts, cabbage, bok choy, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.), and onions. That should do the trick.

Women tend to begin to toot more at or around menopause due to hormone changes. Add probiotics to your diet for balance. Fermented foods are the best source of probiotics: kefir, sauerkraut, kombucha, miso, and yogurt are prime examples.

Dark chocolate (cocoa content 70% minimum), apple cider vinegar, and ginger are also great supporters of the digestive system and are “prebiotics”: food for the probiotics.

4. S/he Who Smelt it Dealt it
How your farts smell says a lot about what’s going on inside your body. The air that exits your rectum is comprised of several different gases, none of which have an especially horrendous aroma.

If you find that your farts start to stink on a regular basis, it could be a sign of a food sensitivity/allergy (e.g., lactose or gluten) or an infection in the digestive tract (3). Or something as simple as eating too much garlic or meat.

Make incremental adjustments to your diet and pay attention to how the smell of your farts change.

5. Inhaling Farts is Good for You
Sounds paradoxical but one of the gaseous compounds abundant in your fragrant posterior expulsions is hydrogen sulfide. The sulfur part is what causes the rotten egg smell.

Research has found that sulfide gas in small doses may prevent cell damage. This may have applications in the prevention and treatment of arthritis, heart disease, and stroke (4).

The study doesn’t specify if it’s best to breathe in your own farts or someone else’s. How someone came up with the idea of a constructive use for flatulence is another issue entirely.

Good news for the farting public: most digestive gas is released while you sleep, when your sphincter is at rest. You can’t hold it in when you’re not aware you’re doing it. Sweet dreams.

Source: https://dailyhealthpost.com/good-fart/

I remember the day i farted in my roommates room (a fifth terma, while i was a clown) in NDA, the mark wey the guy give me still de my body lik this. I surfer lik person wey carry meat before devil for dining table.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by DonBobes(m): 1:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
DonBobes:

I remember the day i farted in my roommates room (a fifth terma, while i was a clown) in NDA, the mark wey the guy give me still de my body lik this. I surfer lik person wey carry meat before devil for dining table.

Upon this one the guy still say make i go buy a very expensive and big room fresh to comot tha smell for the room o.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by tosyne2much(m): 2:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
babybrace:

you can lie for Africa eh tongue
Common I don't do that disgusting thing cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by kateskitty(f): 2:48pm On Mar 28, 2017
I miss farting near Bea
Where is him sef
Bea please come I want to fart
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by GMbuharii: 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
hoover420:
Am just here to book space. No time read that long epistle sef

olympic champion MESSa spotted grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by omojeesu(m): 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
gabonsky:
No use denying it: you fart.

Everyone does. And that’s actually a good thing.
This is not only normal, it’s healthy.
Gases build up in the colon as the result of undigested food. A healthy person farts an average of 20 times a day.

Gas production can increase due to poor digestion of certain foods, food sensitivity or intolerance (e.g., celiac disease, lactose intolerance), bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine, or the presence of some forms of bacteria in the digestive system that produce more gas than others.

Why It’s Good To Fart
No, you won’t explode if you don’t release pent-up gas but here are some valid reasons that you’re better off letting it fly.

1. Relieves Bloating
We all know what abdominal bloating feels like; it’s quite uncomfortable, making you feel like an over-inflated tire. Bloating can be caused by illness but is much more likely from something you ate (1).

Legumes like beans and lentils are musical fruits, indeed. Grains like wheat, rye, and barley can also make your digestive system work overtime, trapping gas and making you feel bloated and overly full. There’s no other real remedy for bloating than release through a good fart.

Increased discomfort occurs when you can’t get the gas out—try the wind relieving yoga pose to help your intestines to push it out.

2. Indicates Digestive Health
Gut bacteria are essential for health. When they become imbalanced or there aren’t enough of the good kind, food isn’t broken down properly or efficiently. By the time waste gets to your colon, it’s not been as thoroughly processed as it should be.

Beneficial bacteria in your body (and there are 100 trillion of them) break down food, help to eliminate metabolic waste, monitor and destroy harmful bacteria, and perform a host of other necessary activities. Having an ample supply is crucial for overall health; there is growing evidence that imbalance of gut bacteria can even affect the brain, leading to anxiety and depression (2).

If you fart around the average amount, it’s an indication that the micro-organisms in your lower digestive tract are working properly.

3. Flatulence and Diet
Farting can give you an idea on whether or not your diet suits your body.

If you don’t fart much, it may mean your gut bacteria aren’t getting necessary nourishment. They feed on complex carbohydrates. Eat more legumes (beans, lentils), whole grains, cruciferous vegetables (brussels sprouts, cabbage, bok choy, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.), and onions. That should do the trick.

Women tend to begin to toot more at or around menopause due to hormone changes. Add probiotics to your diet for balance. Fermented foods are the best source of probiotics: kefir, sauerkraut, kombucha, miso, and yogurt are prime examples.

Dark chocolate (cocoa content 70% minimum), apple cider vinegar, and ginger are also great supporters of the digestive system and are “prebiotics”: food for the probiotics.

4. S/he Who Smelt it Dealt it
How your farts smell says a lot about what’s going on inside your body. The air that exits your rectum is comprised of several different gases, none of which have an especially horrendous aroma.

If you find that your farts start to stink on a regular basis, it could be a sign of a food sensitivity/allergy (e.g., lactose or gluten) or an infection in the digestive tract (3). Or something as simple as eating too much garlic or meat.

Make incremental adjustments to your diet and pay attention to how the smell of your farts change.

5. Inhaling Farts is Good for You
Sounds paradoxical but one of the gaseous compounds abundant in your fragrant posterior expulsions is hydrogen sulfide. The sulfur part is what causes the rotten egg smell.

Research has found that sulfide gas in small doses may prevent cell damage. This may have applications in the prevention and treatment of arthritis, heart disease, and stroke (4).

The study doesn’t specify if it’s best to breathe in your own farts or someone else’s. How someone came up with the idea of a constructive use for flatulence is another issue entirely.

Good news for the farting public: most digestive gas is released while you sleep, when your sphincter is at rest. You can’t hold it in when you’re not aware you’re doing it. Sweet dreams.

Source: https://dailyhealthpost.com/good-fart/

Certainly not in public places!

Reason 5 is doubtful.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! by GMbuharii: 2:58pm On Mar 28, 2017
This thread is for tigerclaws ppl grin they are don opMESSers grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity / My Wife & Others Have Abandoned Me – Man With Swollen Stomach / Care And Management Of Body Odour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.