Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Cover Letter Writing Tips - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Cover Letter Writing Tips (894 Views)

Updated CV And Cover Letter Sample / Please Help Review this Cover Letter / Differences Between Application Letter And A Cover Letter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cover Letter Writing Tips by Eokoro: 2:42pm On Dec 23, 2009
Although, cover letter adds to the wear and tear of job search, yet it gives you another chance to emphasize what you have to contribute to the company or Organization. Hey! Do not give the recruiter a second to entertain thoughts like: But how can this person help us? Though your resume can answer this question, it does so in a ‘rigid’ format. Whereas, the cover letter allows you to answer in your own words and style.

Your cover letter should contain not only your experience; it should also show how and what you can contribute towards the positive growth of the firm.
Example:
Weak: I have good knowledge of web programming and Application development.
Better: Due to my strong knowledge of web programming and Application Development, I will develop a better structured standard compliant, information system infrastructure which will make processing easier thereby saving work time and money.
The cover letter is the only place you can add what you can do for the firm (not just what you can do); exploit it!
Except where it is otherwise mentioned all applications should be submitted with a well written cover letter.
Re: Cover Letter Writing Tips by GTay(m): 3:01pm On Dec 28, 2009
^^^ Nice one Mate! wink

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy In Glaxosmithkline / Secretary/receptionist Vacancy At Tv Production Company In Ikeja / Urgent Vacancy To Be Filled Asap!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.