Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Keketales Opinion I (issues Arising From Nigerian Police Force Television) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Keketales Opinion I (issues Arising From Nigerian Police Force Television) (330 Views)

OPINION: 8 Best Movies To Stream On Showmax This Month / Judge Orders Prosecution Of Three Channels Television Staff / The Village Headmaster. The Series With The Longest Run On Nigerian Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keketales Opinion I (issues Arising From Nigerian Police Force Television) by aprokomania(m): 11:30pm On Mar 27, 2017
It is no news to anyone that the men of the Nigerian Police Force have concluded arrangements to establish their own radio and television station. This project which will partly be owned by the police force, and private investors will have operational bases in all the thirty six states of the federation and according to the police command, will broadcast events and happenings from across the nation, as well as current affairs.
A cursory search of the internet will reveal that the Nigerian police force is perhaps the first security outfit in the world to launch into this form of media.
However commendable this may be, there are pertinent issued that must be addressed if Nigerians will be assured that this is not just a white elephant project;
-The website of the Police force is rarely ever updated with relevant information. A visitor to the police website will notice that the latest information posted on it is at least a year old. If we are to have a good experience from NPF TV, the handlers should definitely be sourced from outside the force, limiting bureaucratic bottlenecks and improving creativity. It has to be entertaining if they want the average Nigerian to be a viewer, as it is obvious that those guys in the IT and media section do not have what it takes to give us desirable content.
-The sheer logistic of having a broadcast platform in all the thirty six states and the FCT is mind boggling from an organizational perspective. How on earth do they expect to establish this, and which officers will man each of these stations? Even the Nigerian Television Authority that prides itself as the largest television network in Africa had to take a lot of years to reach most states of the federation. Except of course, the broadcasting rooms are going to be improvised from the backrooms of our police stations.
-Which brings me to my final point. Where is the funding for this project coming from? Wouldn’t it have been put to better use in equipping the men of the police force with better ammunition to combat crime, or at least, upgrading the facilities at the police training college which are way past moribund.
It may still turn out to be a successful project from the Force however, and if it will go the way of many other projects initiated in the past without proper planning and feasibility studies, only time will tell.

source

http://www.keketales.com/2017/03/keketales-opinion-i-issues-arising-from.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Do You Entertainment Watchers Notice Something / A Bad Mom's Christmas Trailer 2 (2017) / La Luna Sangre January 4 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.