Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. (1737 Views)

Rivers State: Rise In Cult Related Killings- Amnesty International / The Rise And Fall Of Derico Nwamama, Nigeria’s King Of The Underworld / The Rise And Fall Of Derico Nwamama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by kingreign(m): 9:04am On Mar 28, 2017
Its with great pains, anger and sorrow I write this piece.
Normally, I am most concerned with autos and car talk sections, but once a while, I stray into other sections to keep myself abreast of happenings.
I've noticed a very disturbing trend in Nairalanders comments regarding sensitive issues bothering on crimes, political issues, religious issues and corruption. This trend, if not tackled early, will lead to more harm than good.
Just going through the comments in this thread which is currently on the homepage (as at the time of writing this piece) https://www.nairaland.com/3706816/6-students-unilag-gang-rape shows the level of decadence in our youths. They ignored the topic of discussion which is a grievous crime and start other senseless wayward comments, tribalism, religious sentiments, and lewed abominable sexual comments.
This trend needs to be checked before it gets out of hand. The administrators and moderators of nairaland needs to step up the fight against these vices, parents, guardians, educational and religious institutes needs to wake up from their slumber. Mature minded Nairalanders needs to speak up against these evil trends bedeviling our youths.
Thanks.

CC: Ishilove, Gazzuzz, Dyt, eyop et al.
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by SmartchoicesNG: 9:08am On Mar 28, 2017
Blame the mod in charge
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by blessme2019(m): 9:10am On Mar 28, 2017
It is pertinent to note that the OP is making this comment out of sheer anger as none of his topics has made Frontpage before, this was a statement credited to the President NCAN this morning.

Notwithstanding...
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by Ishilove: 9:12am On Mar 28, 2017
kingreign:
Normally, I am most concerned with autos and car talk sections, but once a while, I stray into other sections to keep myself abreast of happenings.
I've noticed a very disturbing trend in Nairalanders comments regarding sensitive issues bothering on crimes, political issues, religious issues and corruption. This trend, if not tackled early, will lead to more harm than good.
Just going through the comments in this thread which is currently on the homepage (as at the time of writing this piece) https://www.nairaland.com/3706816/6-students-unilag-gang-rape shows the level of decadence in our youths. They ignored the topic of discussion which is a grievous crime and start other senseless wayward comments, tribalism, religious sentiments, and lewed abominable sexual comments.
This trend needs to be checked before it gets out of hand. The administrators and moderators of nairaland needs to step up the fight against these vices, parents, guardians, educational and religious institutes needs to wake up from their slumber. Mature minded Nairalanders needs to speak up against these evil trends bedeviling our youths.
Thanks.

My dear, it is sickening.
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by kingreign(m): 9:15am On Mar 28, 2017
blessme2019:
It is pertinent to note that the OP is making this comment out of sheer anger as none of his topics has made Frontpage before, this was a statement credited to the President NCAN this morning.

Notwithstanding...
Please, if you do not have any sensible thing to comment, stay off my thread. Besides, there's no need coming to my thread and showing your senselessness. Run along

6 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by princetom1(m): 9:19am On Mar 28, 2017
Reason why i stay away from some thread. I will get banned if pour out my mind. The mods have little power, and when u start to be a good mod, the authority cuts ur wing. In my view, mods on NL are just here to push senseless topics to front pages. Maybe someday we will have another forum that promotes goodness and fights the decadence in the society. But here, it's all about the money from traffic.

cc: kingreign, nurey, Diportivo, EgunMogaji, GAZZUZZ

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 28, 2017
I had my post hidden by an overzealous mod on one of those meaningless threads that made front page.

I broke no rules, insulted no one, just expressing my displeasure.

The intellectual oldies on this forum are all gone.
the kind of threads that make front page and the comments is a reflection of what Nairaland has become.

I feel like Seun has lost touch with why people liked this forum, all because he wants traffic for business.
and he's not thinking like a tech-smart businessman cos NL has seen no real improvements.

I just saw some topics on front-page now, and i did not know when I hissed loudly.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by Vizzim: 4:09pm On Mar 28, 2017
Seems even the mod like those comments.
U can ban me if u like.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 29, 2017
You need to go through this. https://www.nairaland.com/3707042/last-instagram-post-unilag-student _I was disgusted that I share same forum with heartless humans. It's even scarier, that these set of people might be somehow close to us.

A young lady died, no clear statement of what happened to her, except what a senseless blogger put together. but these silly boys and girls deemed it right to put down the girl without condemning the crime. That's assuming she was actually murdered by a man. I am very disgusted at the kind of people on NL these days.

Vizzim:
Seems even the mod like those comments.

U can ban me if u like.
Yes, I have to agree with you. Very insensitive set...

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by robotix: 9:45am On Mar 29, 2017
Joavid:
I had my post hidden by an overzealous mod on one of those meaningless threads that made front page.

I broke no rules, insulted no one, just expressing my displeasure.

The intellectual oldies on this forum are all gone.
the kind of threads that make front page and the comments is a reflection of what Nairaland has become.

I feel like Seun has lost touch with why people liked this forum, all because he wants traffic for business.
and he's not thinking like a tech-smart businessman cos NL has seen no real improvements.

I just saw some topics on front-page now, and i did not know when I hissed loudly.

for your own sake and sanity, leave it the way it is. The owner likes it that way and there is nothing anyone can do.

Nairaland has become a den of gory tales with so much graphic images spilling over as there is an occultic celebration.

A foreigner told me they planned to visit Nigeria but they have changed their mind because of what they read on nairaland. If that is not bad enough for the image of this country, I don't know what it is.

Gone are the days we had fun-filled arena. He can keep doing what he is doing and think nobody can over take him. Hi5, myspace, yahoo were over taken by facebook.

Like I said, leave nairaland the way it is. The owner likes it that way, it's his property and he can do whatever he likes with it. After all if it goes down, life will surely continue like it has always been.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by robotix: 9:49am On Mar 29, 2017
kingreign:
Thanks.

save yourself the hassles... NOTHING will be done. I repeat, nothing will be done! Nairaland is dead already, it's a moving corpes, they don't just realise it yet. A lot of people have stopped visiting and gone with the wind!

All these thing you dey talk na ur own. Wetin dey him mind him go do last last, not even the mods can do anything about it.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 29, 2017
PaperLace:
You need to go through this. https://www.nairaland.com/3707042/last-instagram-post-unilag-student _I was disgusted that I share same forum with heartless humans. It's even scarier, that these set of people might be somehow close to us.

A young lady died, no clear statement of what happened to her, except what a senseless blogger put together. but these silly boys and girls deemed it right to put down the girl without condemning the crime. That's assuming she was actually murdered by a man. I am very disgusted at the kind of people on NL these days.

Yes, I have to agree with you. Very insensitive set...

That wasn't even the first thread about the poor girl. it was the sequel.

it is a shame. and it scares me so much to think I live in the same country with such heartless people.
I had expected that the mods will hide those comments but no.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by pafestula(m): 10:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
robotix:
save yourself the hassles... NOTHING will be done. I repeat, nothing will be done! Nairaland is dead already, it's a moving corpes, they don't just realise it yet. A lot of people have stopped visiting and gone with the wind!

All these thing you dey talk na ur own. Wetin dey him mind him go do last last, not even the mods can do anything about it.
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by oweniwe(m): 7:59am On May 10, 2017
afonja.. Igbo... Brown roof... Shuku okuko biambiala ...

Those tribal slurs annoy me.

Why can't Seun at least censor the words "afonja" & "Igbo" ... Like he censored "abok!" ?

Anything regarding Hausa & moslem.. Seun will move with speed to shield them. But when it comes to other tribles & religion, he will turn blind eyes.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by oweniwe(m): 8:13am On May 10, 2017
See hypocrisy ... shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by kingreign(m): 8:35am On May 10, 2017
oweniwe:
See hypocrisy ... shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided
Muhehehehe grin grin
Its all about the 'benjamins' bruv grin grin
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by oweniwe(m): 8:38am On May 10, 2017
kingreign:

Muhehehehe grin grin
Its all about the 'benjamins' bruv grin grin

I beg your pardon...

I don't get what you mean by 'benjamins' . smiley
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by anonymuz(m): 8:54am On May 10, 2017
I have noticed that degrading topics get to front page because that's what they think will interest most lads on nairaland.
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by kingreign(m): 9:21am On May 10, 2017
oweniwe:

I beg your pardon...

I don't get what you mean by 'benjamins' . smiley
ego, owo, kudi, dough, cash...
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by princetom1(m): 10:42am On May 10, 2017
oweniwe:

Why can't Seun at least censor the words "afonja" & "Igbo" ... Like he censored "abok!" ?

Anything regarding Hausa & moslem.. Seun will move with speed to shield them. But when it comes to other tribles & religion, he will turn blind eyes.

Thanks u noticed. Everything Muslim gets protected, shielded and promoted. In a world where we are quick to condemn the government. Where is the moral backing to do so? Se.un, where is Nairaland heading?
This looks like anyway monkey jam, na Road now.
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by princetom1(m): 10:47am On May 10, 2017
robotix:
for your own sake and sanity, leave it the way it is. The owner likes it that way and there is nothing anyone can do.

Nairaland has become a den of gory tales with so much graphic images spilling over as there is an occultic celebration.

A foreigner told me they planned to visit Nigeria but they have changed their mind because of what they read on nairaland. If that is not bad enough for the image of this country, I don't know what it is.

Gone are the days we had fun-filled arena. He can keep doing what he is doing and think nobody can over take him. Hi5, myspace, yahoo were over taken by facebook.

Like I said, leave nairaland the way it is. The owner likes it that way, it's his property and he can do whatever he likes with it. After all if it goes down, life will surely continue like it has always been.

Wen we all walks by like it doesn't concern us, the whole society is affected. It might not be directly bt indirectly. Chinese don't play with weibo, Nairaland is proudly Naija bt nothing can be PROUD about there anymore. All the oldies and veterans has left, mods are reshuffled and axed. Which way?
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by robotix: 12:11pm On May 10, 2017
princetom1:

Wen we all walks by like it doesn't concern us, the whole society is affected. It might not be directly bt indirectly. Chinese don't play with weibo, Nairaland is proudly Naija bt nothing can be PROUD about there anymore. All the oldies and veterans has left, mods are reshuffled and axed. Which way?

It's true. But can you do WHEN the owner does not see you as a good ambassador of NL? Huh?

I mean look at the topics on front page... they are so so so watery and add no value to intellectuals.

I spend my time on Quora.com these days when I need to have intellectual refreshments.
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by autotrader014(m): 10:39am On May 12, 2017
I came here to show the world how senseless you are..
Fools always feel dey are wiser than every one. What you dont know or have never seen, you simply ask questions, than exhibiting your ignorance and stupidity with pride.

Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by kingreign(m): 8:33am On May 15, 2017
autotrader014:
I came here to show the world how senseless you are..
Fools always feel dey are wiser than every one. What you dont know or have never seen, you simply ask questions, than exhibiting your ignorance and stupidity with pride.
are you done? Keep ranting, cos i called you out to prove something you wanna go caustic and die of heartattack. Anyway, keep being childish not my biz.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by Ishilove: 10:14am On May 15, 2017
oweniwe:

There is no need to censor 'Afonja' because the name belongs to an 18th century Yoruba historical figure. It is senseless Nairalanders who have perverted the real meaning.
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by AfroSamurai: 10:32am On May 15, 2017
Pretty soon this thread will be closed or deleted. I've always suspected that "oga boss" only cares about two things: dogs and traffic!.

SMH...
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by oweniwe(m): 10:37am On May 15, 2017
Ishilove:

There is no need to censor 'Afonja' because the name belongs to an 18th century Yoruba historical figure. It is senseless Nairalanders who have perverted the real meaning.

There was no need to censor Abok! too since it is Hausa word for "friend". tongue

If the perversion of any word or figure gets out of hand on a platform, the best thing to do is to censor it outrightly instead of playing lip service.
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by Nobody: 10:53am On May 15, 2017
To be frank, this nairaland is the true face of Nigeria. The nairaland I miss was the nairaland of the professionals and but as, back when internet access was expensive.

These people have always been here, however they were in the minority and easily shut down.

Back then nairaland could have been said to be a butacracy or technocracy. Today it is a democracy.

This is the face of the Nigerian masses.

This is also the downside of the internet.

Everyone has a voice, including people we don't want to hear.
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by Nobody: 10:54am On May 15, 2017
AfroSamurai:
Pretty soon this thread will be closed or deleted. I've always suspected that "oga boss" only cares about two things: dogs and traffic!.

SMH...

Snake nko? smiley
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by lovethchioma(f): 11:12am On May 15, 2017
I'm happy a lot of people are beginning to speak out... because it is really getting worrisome what is happening here.
Nairaland is now a shadow of itself... with the senseless threads that is being pushed to FP and senseless comments on sensitive issues ... it's sickening.
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by AfroSamurai: 1:29pm On May 15, 2017
oyb:

Snake nko? smiley

No oh.. that one is solely lala's speciality. I'm sure he enjoys snake peppersoup. grin
Re: Nairalanders Appaling Senselessness On The Rise. by AfroSamurai: 1:31pm On May 15, 2017
oyb:
To be frank, this nairaland is the true face of Nigeria. The nairaland I miss was the nairaland of the professionals and but as, back when internet access was expensive.

These people have always been here, however they were in the minority and easily shut down.

Back then nairaland could have been said to be a butacracy or technocracy. Today it is a democracy.

This is the face of the Nigerian masses.

This is also the downside of the internet.

Everyone has a voice, including people we don't want to hear.
The emboldened is the die hard truth! Idiots have taken over...

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Shall Be War! Prophet TB Joshua Predicts Yet Another World War / Man Punished By A Female Soldier For Wearing A Camouflage. / The Green Snake I Killed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.