Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

A Question On Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question On Prayer (993 Views)

A Question For The JWs: Why "Jehovah Witnesses" And Not "Jesus Witnesses"? / Never Neglect Rules And Focus On Prayer / Atheists And Morality. A Question! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question On Prayer by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 28, 2017

Cc Junia, Wilgrea7, enshy, felixomor, MZlady, etc
Cc Hahn, obinna58, hopefulLandlord, akintom, jonbellion etc Lalasticlala

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Question On Prayer by hopefulLandlord: 9:21am On Mar 28, 2017
That reminds me of the following joke:
"I pray a simple prayer every morning. It's an ecumenical prayer. Whether you're Catholic or Jewish or Muslim or Hindu, I think it speaks to the heart of every faith. It goes 'Lord please break the laws of the universe for my convenience. Amen.'" ~Emo Philips

4 Likes

Re: A Question On Prayer by felixomor: 10:33am On Mar 28, 2017
The answet is simple;

Just as mathematics looks like foolishness to a newborn baby,
So also will the issue of prayer sound like foolishness to the brain of an atheist......

Very simple ! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question On Prayer by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 28, 2017
felixomor:
The answet is simple;

So also will the issue of prayer sound like foolishness to the brain of an atheist......

Very simple ! cool
You never said a thing bro as regard the captioned text on the image cry....

1 Like

Re: A Question On Prayer by felixomor: 10:51am On Mar 28, 2017
adepeter26:

You never said a thing bro as regard the captioned text on the image cry....

I have answered it already.....

Can u explain algebra to a 2 day old baby?
You will look like a fool while trying to do that.

1 Like

Re: A Question On Prayer by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 28, 2017
felixomor:

I have answered it already.....

Can u explain algebra to a 2 day old baby?
You will look like a fool while trying to do that.
The example you're citing is flawed in this instance....

Most atheists were Theists.
Re: A Question On Prayer by felixomor: 11:16am On Mar 28, 2017
adepeter26:

The example you're citing is flawed in this instance....

Most atheists were Theists.

Its not.
That i am an adult doesnt mean i cant intentionally choose to start acting and reasoning like a baby....

So....

1 Like

Re: A Question On Prayer by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 28, 2017
felixomor:

Its not.
That i am an adult doesnt mean i cant intentionally choose to start acting and reasoning like a baby....

So....
Farewell then. I get ya drift. Enjoy yà ride
Re: A Question On Prayer by obinna58(m): 1:19pm On Mar 28, 2017
felixomor:
The answet is simple;

Very simple ! cool
I'm not surprise, when trying hard to avoid question style like this can be used.
Bowing to Jesus,Joseph and Mary's statue, praying naked at the middle of night, denied urself food for a whole week, visiting church morning, afternoon and night doing crazy stuffs like this for the omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, benevolent god to change his mind is the foolishness atheists can't comprehend with.
Re: A Question On Prayer by felixomor: 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2017
obinna58:

I'm not surprise, when trying hard to avoid question style like this can be used.
Bowing to Jesus,Joseph and Mary's statue, praying naked at the middle of night, denied urself food for a whole week, visiting church morning, afternoon and night doing crazy stuffs like this for the omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, benevolent god to change his mind is the foolishness atheists can't comprehend with.

Well, your rants confirm my quote just as much as it generalizes assumptions into an ignorance-exuding long sentence.... lipsrsealed
Re: A Question On Prayer by coolgee26(m): 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2017
Username = Lalasticlala
Password = FP snake

Lalasticlal.a, dont you think this thread deserves viewer's opinion wink
Re: A Question On Prayer by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 28, 2017
Adepeter26,
Hi,
I'm glad I happened to look on this thread! I didn't know my name was on there cause I didn't get a mention....
Well I've seen quotations like that before, but I can't make a person understand spiritual things (with all due respect).
Anyhow, I happen to pray to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob's God.
Rest assured...He absolutely knows all..Omniscient (even before it happens & how it will all end)....
I'm not God however, and cannot try to define how He chooses to allow this world to function.
I pray for His will to be done in all situations although I wish that no one would have to experience death, suffering or misery.
However we live in a world of sin...which unfortunately means that nothing...or no one..is immune.
Things will end at the appointed time....but for now (your friend "Lucifer") has been allowed to cause all of this havoc, chaos, misery, & death!
I know you'll disagree with me though.
Re: A Question On Prayer by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 28, 2017
MZLady39:
Adepeter26,
Hi,
I'm glad I happened to look on this thread! I didn't know my name was on there cause I didn't get a mention....
Well I've seen quotations like that before, but I can't make a person understand spiritual things (with all due respect).
Rest assured...He absolutely knows all..Omniscient (even before it happens & how it will all end)....
I'm not God however, and cannot try to define how He chooses to allow this world to function.
I pray for His will to be done in all situations although I wish that no one would have to experience death, suffering or misery.
However we live in a world of sin...which unfortunately means that nothing...or no one..is immune.
Things will end at the appointed time....but for now (your friend "Lucifer"wink has been allowed to cause all of this havoc, chaos, misery, & death!

I read so many things from ya comment(most especially, the boldened texts) which seem crooky but story for another day tho.

To the last boldened text, kindly contribute to this link below since lucifer brought evil

https://www.nairaland.com/3702503/theists-list-evils-committed-lucifer
Re: A Question On Prayer by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
adepeter26:

I read so many things from ya comment(most especially, the boldened texts) which seem crooky but story for another day tho.

To the last boldened text, kindly contribute to this link below since lucifer brought evil

https://www.nairaland.com/3702503/theists-list-evils-committed-lucifer

Oh....my brother...I see where you are trying to go with this! I hope you aren't being sneaky....
I read through half of your other thread a few days ago.
I'll probably come back to the thread later in the evening to respond. That will take a little more time than I want to give right now and I want to read through some lighter threads right now.
Re: A Question On Prayer by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
MZLady39:

Oh....my brother...I see where you are trying to go with this! I hope you aren't being sneaky....
about been sneaky, no.
but like I commented earlier, some aspect of ya previous comment look crooks by it I only referenced the last boldened text
I read through half of your other thread a few days ago.
but never branched ABI cry is that fair tongue
I'll probably come back to the thread later in the evening to respond. That will take a little more time than I want to give right now and I want to read through some lighter threads right now.
Hmm, ok then cool
Re: A Question On Prayer by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
adepeter26:
about been sneaky, no.
but like I commented earlier, some aspect of ya previous comment look crooks by it I only referenced the last boldened text
but never branched ABI cry is that fair tongue

Hmm, ok then cool

That's why I called "Satan" formerly known as "Lucifer" your friend....
You were defending him in your thread.
I'll eventually read through the whole thread. It's got lots of posts/comments on it.
I know you have issues with what I wrote...but it's all good brother...
Till later....
Re: A Question On Prayer by PROPHETmichael: 5:22am On Mar 29, 2017
(1) God is merciful and kind
(2) He knows what is happening and he knows it is wrong.
(3) All he requires human being to do is to simply admit they are wrong and not to carry on about as if nothing happened. The same way you will expect your child to ask for forgiveness when he or she goes contrary to your rules.
(4) When you pray to God to stop doing bad stuffs, you are simply admitting to God that you need help because it is only him who can help you.
Re: A Question On Prayer by akintom(m): 11:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
adepeter26:

This should again jab the Christians to the fact, of how needless it's, to engage in the illusion called prayer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question On Prayer by GodsMopol: 8:49am On Mar 30, 2017
adepeter26:

Well, just here to give an answer and not defend, you know what I mean, I think Catfishbilly does, shout out bro, how was your day, loooool.

Why do Christians pray, I might have to go Bible on this, yea, I might not come back here to follow necessary quotes so don't be angry if I don't.

Yea, we pray because the devil is in charge of this world and we need some assistance somehow, from the God up there. I believe in tr operations o the devil, and I don't have powers to stop his operations, so I must ask for America to come to fight my book Haram, because America GATS all the sophisticated weapons to deal with the tricky boko Haram, by the way, where is my drone, I think I can comment if you quote me, thanks
Re: A Question On Prayer by CatfishBilly: 9:04am On Mar 30, 2017
GodsMopol:

Well, just here to give an answer and not defend, you know what I mean, I think Catfishbilly does, shout out bro, how was your day, loooool.

Why do Christians pray, I might have to go Bible on this, yea, I might not come back here to follow necessary quotes so don't be angry if I don't.

Yea, we pray because the devil is in charge of this world and we need some assistance somehow, from the God up there. I believe in tr operations o the devil, and I don't have powers to stop his operations, so I must ask for America to come to fight my book Haram, because America GATS all the sophisticated weapons to deal with the tricky boko Haram, by the way, where is my drone, I think I can comment if you quote me, thanks
What the fuckkkkkkk did I just read? shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Question On Prayer by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 30, 2017
GodsMopol:

Ya comment ehhh? almost made me crie cry
Re: A Question On Prayer by johnydon22(m): 10:13am On Mar 30, 2017
felixomor:
The answet is simple;

Very simple ! cool
you didnt really give any answer, just evasion
Re: A Question On Prayer by felixomor: 10:16am On Mar 30, 2017
johnydon22:
you didnt really give any answer, just evasion

Someone looking fot answers will have to first prepare his brain for answers....

By the way it is questions that require answers,
Not sarcasm.... undecided
Re: A Question On Prayer by johnydon22(m): 10:16am On Mar 30, 2017
adepeter26:

supposing prayer works though it doesn't - remind me again why you'll need to

- beg an all good God to convince him to help you?

-remind an all knowing God that you need help?

1 Like

Re: A Question On Prayer by johnydon22(m): 10:18am On Mar 30, 2017
felixomor:

Someone looking fot answers will have to first prepare his brain for answers....

By the way it is questions that require answers,
Not sarcasm.... undecided
this one is just as much a question as any can be. if not for anything i see the question mark and the argument raised by the question sounds really valid.

it would definitely be appreciated if you could attempt answering
Re: A Question On Prayer by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 30, 2017
johnydon22:

supposing prayer works though it doesn't - remind me again why you'll need to
-remind an all knowing God that you need help?
You never see anything... A typical Christian both online and offline would reply;

Actually you need to beg god to help you because the humans are so populated. How do you expect God to know you need help when there are zillion of humans on planet earth cheesy. Some prayers even dae cue and pending grin
Re: A Question On Prayer by johnydon22(m): 10:25am On Mar 30, 2017
MZLady39:
Adepeter26,
Hi,
it just had to be a God that belonged to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, folks that had not the slightest business with you. the way we throw away our birth right for a platter of some jewish mythology baffles me, the God of Abraham, isaac and jacob needs more reverence than yours because some white folks had to beat our forebears into conformity.

if God already knows all, this nullifies the need for prayers entirely. why would you need to remind an "already know all" God that you need help.

and if God knows exactly what will happen, don't you think praying for some other thing directly will mean asking God to go contrary to his foreknowledge or predetermined future.

Things will end at the appointed time....but for now (your friend "Lucifer"wink has been allowed to cause all of this havoc, chaos, misery, & death!

ironically all the deaths, chaos, misty and havoc on this earth are caused by people remarkably with God's name ever on their pious lips

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question On Prayer by johnydon22(m): 10:27am On Mar 30, 2017
adepeter26:

You never see anything... A typical Christian both online and offline would reply;

Actually you need to beg god to help you because the humans are so populated. How do you expect God to know you need help when there are zillion of humans on planet earth cheesy. Some prayers even dae cue and pending grin
then that murders omniscience... God cannot be omnipotence and omniscience without appearing to be either evil or indifferent which floats the deistic argument more than theistic.

because this also is a pointer to the epicurean argument:
Re: A Question On Prayer by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2017
Johnydon22,
Hi...and you are?
Anyhow, thanks for schooling me about my ancestry smiley
Re: A Question On Prayer by johnydon22(m): 1:55pm On Mar 30, 2017
MZLady39:
Johnydon22,
Hi...and you are?
Anyhow, thanks for schooling me about my ancestry smiley
and i am Johnydon22 ma'am

(1) (Reply)

What Nigeria’ll Lose If TB Joshua Yields To Israeli Calls To Relocate To Galilee / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(mon. 05/06/2017) / The Effect Of Willie Lynch Letter In Today's Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.