Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,495 members, 7,958,503 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:58 PM

The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians (1024 Views)

God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians / Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) / For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 29, 2017
We all sabi Virgin Mary wella for Bible.

we all knew how she got pregnant via the holy spirit and conceived Jesus. Most defend and believe in this holy spirit like kilode.
Majority of Christians also go as far as shouting "THE POWER OF GOD IS GREAT", "THE POWERFUL GOD" etc....

Now my question to the Devoted Christian Guys and Men on NL and worldwide is:

Many people believe what has been written in the bible.
IF YOUR GIRLFRIEND/WIFE GOT IMPREGNATED, AND SHE SAID IT'S A MIRACLE AND IT'S FROM GOD.. EVEN THOUGH YOU NEVER HAD S*X, WOULD YOU BELIEVE HER ?

- Would you ve believed the holy spirit impregnated her
knowing fully well that God is still the same god yesterday, today and forever. God is still alive, performing miracles, signs and wonders.?
- Would you Ve questioned the holy spirit since things of the spiritual cannot be understood by mere physical intervention?

And to the Devoted Christian Ladies and Women on NL, Can you just become pregnant via the intervention of the Holy Spirit without any sexual intercourse with a male counterpart

Cc felixomor, 4evergod, enshy, kingebukasblog, Junia, Tosyne2much, Doctoralien, engineerboat, MZLADY39, luvmijeje
Cc Hahn, obinna58, jonbellion, frank317, kevoh, akintom, Seun, hopefulLandlord, ScepticalPyrrho
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by otino(m): 10:36am On Mar 29, 2017
Why not; I will gladly believe on this condition bcuz its the same dat made me believe dat of Mary. IF ONLY THERE IS A PROPHECY ABOUT THE TESTIMONY as seen in matt: 1:20-23.
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Freewoman(f): 10:39am On Mar 29, 2017
adepeter26:

we all knew how she got pregnant via the holy spirit and conceived Jesus. Most defend and believe in this holy spirit like kilode.
Majority of Christians also go as far as shouting "THE POWER OF GOD IS GREAT", "THE POWERFUL GOD" etc....

Your post deserve no merit, do you know why, the day you were born, your village juju priest was fast asleep

knowing fully well that God is still the same god yesterday, today and forever. God is still alive, performing miracles, signs and wonders.?
- Would you Ve questioned the holy spirit since things of the spiritual cannot be understood by mere physical intervention?

And to the Devoted Christian Ladies and Women on NL, Can you just become pregnant via the intervention of the Holy Spirit without any sexual intercourse with a male counterpart

Cc felixomor, 4evergod, enshy, kingebukasblog, Junia, Tosyne2much, Doctoralien, engineerboat, MZlady39
Cc Hahn, obinna58, jonbellion, frank317, kevoh, akintom, Seun, hopefulLandlord, ScepticalPyrrho
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 29, 2017
Freewoman:
Your post deserve no merit, do you know why, the day you were born, your village juju priest was fast asleep
Lol.... The juju you worship ABI undecided

Dont be a troll grin, this isn't romance section lipsrsealed
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by highscript(m): 11:42am On Mar 29, 2017
otino:
Why not; I will gladly believe on this condition bcuz its the same dat made me believe dat of Mary. IF ONLY THERE IS A PROPHECY ABOUT THE TESTIMONY as seen in matt: 1:20-23.
you're not being honest . What if I prophesize that to you ? ..
Bible prophesize about the pregnancy and bible also told you about the event .
It's all lies,Mary fvck a dick
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 29, 2017
highscript:
you're not being honest.

I read his comment but decided to ignore
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by otino(m): 3:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
highscript:
you're not being honest . What if I prophesize that to you ? ..
Bible prophesize about the pregnancy and bible also told you about the event .
It's all lies,Mary fvck a dick

Sorry u gat it wrong the bible didn't make d prophecy, ISHAAH did n it was recorded in d bible. Zachariah d priest, John n angel gabriel bear witness to d prophecy, Mary n Elizabeth confirmed d prophecy n also the three wise men from east n king herod confirmed d testimony
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by highscript(m): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
otino:

Sorry u gat it wrong the bible didn't make d prophecy, ISHAAH did n it was recorded in d bible. Zachariah d priest, John n angel gabriel bear witness to d prophecy, Mary n Elizabeth confirmed d prophecy n also the three wise men from east n king herod confirmed d testimony
that's what I'm saying...i don't know much about the bible but i mean ""recorded"" ..
Don't you think the prophecy was a plan work of those that prophesize it ?
I will only believe that story if Mary was in a cell that the people around are sure its impossible for a man to get there for like a 3 years .
Dont just trust things when its loophole cant be written off.
Sorry about my English
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by engineerboat(m): 5:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
adepeter26:

Cc felixomor, 4evergod, enshy, kingebukasblog, Junia, Tosyne2much, Doctoralien, engineerboat, MZlady39

Hmmmmm.

Since you have decided to come out this way. Know for sure that i will not join you to discuss on an issue, while you keep dishing out derogatory remarks on God and those you are discussing with

If you want us to have robust diacussion on this issue, derogatory remarks on persons must be out.

When this is done. We will discuss

1 Like

Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
wetin go make holy spirit leave its heaven cum runs my gbedu for earth?

me and that holy-spirit go die tire.
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
adepeter26:

No. I wouldn't believe it.
No one will be born like the Saviour Jesus Christ.
Also, He didn't take the sinful blood of Adam because He was coming to live a sinless life.

1 Like

Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
engineerboat:

Hmmmmm.

Since you have decided to come out this way. Know for sure that i will not join you to discuss on an issue, while you keep dishing out derogatory remarks on God and those you are discussing with

If you want us to have robust diacussion on this issue, derogatory remarks on persons must be out.

When this is done. We will discuss
Brother, where is the fault in this thread again.?
You keep jumping upandan...

I asked my question in a very polite manner. So respond Pls or
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 29, 2017
Junia:

Also, He didn't take the sinful blood of Adam because He was coming to live a sinless life.
But he came out through the vagina like every other person ABI? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2017
skillful01:
wetin go make holy spirit leave its heaven cum runs my gbedu for earth?

me and that holy-spirit go die tire.
Lol your comment funny oo
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
adepeter26:
But he came out through the vagina like every other person ABI? undecided
At least our mothers werent virgins
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 30, 2017
Junia:

At least our mothers werent virgins
In common sense, what are you trying to imply by saying "at least our mothers weren't virgins"??
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by tosyne2much(m): 10:17am On Mar 30, 2017
Who accepts such? Make we no dey deceive ourselves jawe
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 30, 2017
Junia:

No problem & accepted.
But you believed exactly it happened as written in the bible ABi?
You preach about the holy spirit and how generous, powerful and kind it is ABI?
Can't you see your words and actions are saying two different things?
But he was ejected through the vagina like every other person ABI?
Since his pregnancy was so Fvcking unique, then his delivery should have been unique as well. He would Ve been ejected through the ANUS
[s]Also, He didn't take the sinful blood of Adam because He was coming to live a sinless life.[/s]
Lol

Cc Hahn and johnydon22. Make una come see cheesy
Tosyne2much, you dae follow the gist abi

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by ifenes(m): 10:55am On Mar 30, 2017
Mary the virgin is the zodiac representation of the month of Virgo. Virgo represents the womb, the birth canal in the body chakra. Virgo the virgin is the only female sign of the zodiac. The story of Mary the virgin is a way of explaining the wonders of the star bodies to 5 year olds. Taking the Virgin Mary story literarily is childish. It is unfortunate Christians took it serious. The bible is not facts but astrological knowledge hidden in kiddies story. Jesus the SUn of God and his 12 stars/ desciples is easy to detect.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by GoodMuyis(m): 10:56am On Mar 30, 2017
You Should have read what Bible says about a Mary whose history was recorded by same Bible

Angel reveal to Joseph so it not unfortunate
Matthew 1:20 - But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

And Elisabeth who was a relative was aware of it, as it was reveal to her
Luke 1:41 - And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

I am in same Position I will careless, it doesnt kill,
abi shidren no be same, even this kin one com strong pass other shidren sef
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 30, 2017
GoodMuyis:
You Should have read what Bible says about a Mary whose history was recorded by same Bible

Angel reveal to Joseph so it not unfortunate
Matthew 1:20 - But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

And Elisabeth who was a relative was aware of it, as it was reveal to her
Luke 1:41 - And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

I am in same Position I will careless, it doesnt kill,
abi shidren no be same, even this kin one com strong pass other shidren sef

1st bro, the Luke verse you quoted in no way stated "the holy spirit revealed a thing to Elizabeth".

- Elizabeth only heard the salutation - heard & not received undecided
- And became filled with the holy spirit/Ghost - she was filled and not that the holy spirit revealed it to her.

If it were atheists that quoted & interpreted the bible the way you just did, yourself and some other Christians will say "We QUOTED The Bible out of context"
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
adepeter26:

No problem & accepted.
But you believed exactly it happened as written in the bible ABi?
You preach about the holy spirit and how generous, powerful and kind it is ABI?
Can't you see your words and actions are saying two different things?

But he was ejected through the vagina like every other person ABI?
Since his pregnancy was so Fvcking unique, then his delivery should have been unique as well. He would Ve been ejected through the ANUS

Lol

Cc Hahn and johnydon22. Make una come see cheesy
Tosyne2much, you dae follow the gist abi

Yhs. Bkos the saviour is being born and He is God's(The Father's) son.

He coming through vagina changes nothing.
Again our mothers werent virgins. Thats unique
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
adepeter26:

In common sense, what are you trying to imply by saying "at least our mothers weren't virgins"??
Our parents had sexual intercourse before we came into existence.
With Jesus, nothing like that happened
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
Junia:

Our parents had sexual intercourse before we came into existence.
With Jesus, nothing like that happened
Lol....so we all read from the bible.....

But am throwin you the question, if ya wife tells you same that the holy spirit impregnated her, will you agree
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 30, 2017
Junia:

Yhs. Bkos the saviour is being born and He is God's(The Father's) son.
Stop repeating this line. You are only complicating issues the more.

He coming through vagina changes nothing.
It means somethings.
Infact It meant a lot bro. If his mother Mary could be pregnant without been penetrated, then she should have given birth to him through the anus naw
Again our mothers werent virgins. Thats unique
You are still haven't answered my question.
Anyways,
Says who? Who said our mothers werent virgins? My mum was a Virgin when my dad met her. What about that undecided
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2017
adepeter26:

Stop repeating this line. You are only complicating issues the more.

It means somethings.
Infact It meant a lot bro. If his mother Mary could be pregnant without been penetrated, then she should have given birth to him through the anus naw

You are still haven't answered my question.
Anyways,
Says who? Who said our mothers werent virgins? My mum was a Virgin when my dad met her. What about that undecided
Is it not sex that brought you ?
Sex didn't bring Jesus.
Difference
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
adepeter26:

Lol....so we all read from the bible.....

But am throwin you the question, if ya wife tells you same that the holy spirit impregnated her, will you agree
I'll ask God
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
Junia:

Is it not sex that brought you ?
Sex didn't bring Jesus.
Difference
You Ve already answered my question in one of my mentions......

Thank you
Re: The Virgin Mary - Question For Christians by menxer: 9:08am On Mar 31, 2017
The problem I see is the interpretation given to the Hebrew word translated "maiden."
A maiden does not necessarily mean a Virgin but a young woman or girl.

Just like when the Bible uses the phrase "Adam knew Eve" to mean sex, same can be said of "spirit of God came on Mary" to mean sex.

If the "sons of God" had sex with women, why make excuses for "God?"
Or how do you know that the "spirit of God" that came on Mary was not one of the "sons of God."

(1) (Reply)

Was The Deity Of Christ Invented At The Council Of Nicea? / Terminating Masturbation / Jephtah And His Sacrifice. Did He Really Do It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.