Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

My Fiance Family Says We Can't Get Married Cause Of My Tribe - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiance Family Says We Can't Get Married Cause Of My Tribe (872 Views)

None Of My Fiance's Family Members Likes Me. Please Help / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiance Family Says We Can't Get Married Cause Of My Tribe by sweetheart12: 10:51am On Mar 29, 2017
A friend of mine is going through this right now and she needs advise.

she is in love with a guy from Benin, they both love each other. when the guy talked about marrying the girl to his family they said Capital NO cause of the girl tribe. The girl is from Akwa Ibom.

The family had an issue many years back when their Uncle married an Akwa Ibom woman and they had serious issues in their marriage and then they divorce, so since then the family cause of the experience said no one from their family will ever marry from Akwa Ibom but can marry any other tribe.

The whole family of the guy is saying no that he cant marry my friend cause of her tribe. My friends fiance will never give up cause of how much he loves the girl.

My friend is really going through a lot now. please i need good advise so i can encourage her with it.
Re: My Fiance Family Says We Can't Get Married Cause Of My Tribe by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 29, 2017
That is so old school now!

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Family Says We Can't Get Married Cause Of My Tribe by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 29, 2017
It surprising that some families still reject the person their children intend to marry because of the place they hail from or because of an experience they had.

We should understand that individual differs in personality and traits, our individual background or our place of origin shouldn't be an excuse for us to be rejected or relegated.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Family Says We Can't Get Married Cause Of My Tribe by Dyt(f): 11:20am On Mar 29, 2017
Same tribe discriminates sef

Naija
I hail oo

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Family Says We Can't Get Married Cause Of My Tribe by sisisioge: 11:26am On Mar 29, 2017
Make everybody kala their maamu! If the guy won't give up, he should go ahead and marry her without his people's permission then...abi which advice we wan give again.

Tell your friend to find her husband go front! It is very important to have supportive family in any marriage. Geskia!

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Family Says We Can't Get Married Cause Of My Tribe by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 29, 2017
Op it's sad but such is life in Nigeria.
She has to move on. Likewise the guy. Cause if the mother and dad is against it? Not even extended family.. Cos extended family is irrelevant grin lipsrsealed when it comes to saying yes or no.

But when the parents especially say No.. My dear Abeg move on.. Cause the problems ahead cannot be envisaged at all.. Except both of them are very prayerful throughout the married life. Then they can damn all consequences and marry.
But if not? She should just jejely move on.
And next time before dating any guy, enquire if the new guy has such restrictions in their family.

So sad

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Family Says We Can't Get Married Cause Of My Tribe by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 29, 2017
waiting man no go hear for Nigeria? If the girl na oyibo now na dem go dey run up and down. yeye dey smell

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Family Says We Can't Get Married Cause Of My Tribe by sweetheart12: 11:55am On Mar 29, 2017
Thanks every one, i really appreciate your advise......
Re: My Fiance Family Says We Can't Get Married Cause Of My Tribe by sweetheart12: 11:55am On Mar 29, 2017
xoxo001:
waiting man no go hear for Nigeria? If the girl na oyibo now na dem go dey run up and down. yeye dey smell

you are right
Re: My Fiance Family Says We Can't Get Married Cause Of My Tribe by sweetheart12: 11:56am On Mar 29, 2017
Dextology:
It surprising that some families still reject the person their children intend to marry because of the place they hail from or because of an experience they had.

We should understand that individual differs in personality and traits, our individual background or our place of origin shouldn't be an excuse for us to be rejected or relegated.

i am surprise too, i mean not in this present time and age..Gosh.
Re: My Fiance Family Says We Can't Get Married Cause Of My Tribe by jieta: 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
the parents have there genuine reason for saying no and i expect her to follow her parents order. that was how my mum advice my uncle not to marry a tiv woman, the end result was six feet after four boys.
Re: My Fiance Family Says We Can't Get Married Cause Of My Tribe by twosquare(m): 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
Your friend or you? SMH...Nlanders with soft lies...

(1) (Reply)

Break Financial Hardship / Proved Herbal Solution To Cancer, Goiter, Kidney And Liver Issues. / My Friend Is Cheating On A Guy I Like,should I Kill Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.