Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace (35308 Views)

Scared (A Story About Love And Sorcery) / Ade Son Of Thunder( A Tale About Love, Destiny And Betrayal) / Kelvin's Dilemma(a Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by EvaJael(f): 7:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
Well,this is getting badder(pardon me o). You're doing wonderful .
MhizGracie:
Lol...he is. but something similar happened in my brother's school, a guy joined cult just to get revenge on his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend.
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Damibiz(m): 8:14pm On Apr 04, 2017
Young lady who are u...? Nice story,one thing i ever promise my self is that,never never u fight for 'ANY'lady,they dont worth it....bt not all sha
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Kewt: 8:32pm On Apr 04, 2017
Please update the conclusive part of this story.. The suspense is killing...
I must say, you are a very talented writer..

Best regards.
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 05, 2017
Continuation

I remained mute for a few minutes, Somto's mother and the nurse stared at me with curious eyes waiting for me to say something. Somto's mother broke the silence "I just asked you a question miss...how on earth are you related to my son? "
The nurse touched my hand "You're related to him right?—you came in here weeping and you've been waiting for him since." Oh God this damn nurse! I cursed her under my breath. I braced myself up for the worst and faced Somto's mother. I've learned the hard way that lies do more harm than good so if I wanted to mend my ways, I could start by telling her the truth about my relationship with her son and the reason he got shot, she deserved to know.
I took a deep breath "Ma...please can we...can we talk outside?"
She squinted and ran her eyes all over me, from head to toe. "Whatever you want to say—say it here." she replied rudely. I felt my heart sink, this was definitely not the right time to tell her 'stories that touch'.
"Well..ma I'm your son's close friend, we study together." I lied
"Oh" she raised her eyebrows slightly "Is that what you wanted to tell me outside?"
"Yes ma." I replied without looking at her.
"Seems very unlikely." she eyed me suspiciously.
My heart sank again. I stammered "Yes..I'll..I'll just go back to...to...to the waiting room." She raised her brows again "Fine." she replied dismissively
I went back to the waiting room and found Lola awake though she still looked very sleepy. I shook her vigorously till she was fully awake "Lola we need to get out of here." I whispered, pulling her up from the chair. "Why? have you heard from the doctor?" she asked curiously.
"No—Somto's mum is here and her presence literally gives me chills."
"But we can't leave until we receive news about Somto's condition...we need to know if he stands a chance."
"Well—I'm leaving." I muttered
"I'll stay here and keep my eyes and ears open—I'll call you if I hear anything." she replied calmly.
"Good—thanks a lot Lola, you're an amazing friend." I said hugging her.
I left the hospital and returned to my hostel to cry. Things have spiralled way out of control and I was completely helpless, all I could do was watch, cry and regret all my decisions. I thought of going over to the police station to see Chuks and ask him why he did what he did but I quickly brushed off the idea. I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice when Elohor strolled into the room and flung a parcel at me. it landed on my laps and startled me.
"A guy asked me to give you this." she said rolling her eyes in disgust.
"Which guy?"
"How am I supposed to know?" she snapped at me.
I ignored her and shove the parcel under my pillow. I didn't feel like opening it yet. I waited all evening for Lola's call but it didn't come, she came back to the hostel instead. I ran up to her the moment I caught sight of her at the door.
"What happened?!'
She was neither sad nor happy so I found it hard to predict the news I was about to receive. "Somto's surgery was successful but—"
"but what!" I screamed fearfully
"He's in a coma." she replied dryly
I swallowed hard to avoid bursting into tears "He'll come out of it right?"
"The...the doctors aren't sure...he may not wake up any time soon." she said sobbing. I was taken aback, tears welled up in my eyes and in no time I was weeping like a widow. Elohor and Tracy just ignored me, they didn't give a damn about what I was going through probably because they felt I brought it upon myself. Lola sat on my bed and urged me to sit as well "I know you did some foolish things in the past but blaming yourself isn't going to solve anything—take it easy on yourself." I nodded and reached for my pillow, I immediately remembered the parcel I received earlier.
"What's that?" Lola asked pointing to the carefully wrapped parcel.
"I don't know..let's find out." I tore away the wrapper and opened the small box inside. There was a rose and a note inside. At first Lola and I thought it was a love note from a secret admirer until we opened it and read the contents. I gasped in shock when I read the contents of the letter. "what does it say?" Lola asked grabbing the note from my shaking hands, she read it out loud

"Jane you see that Rose there? well that's exactly what we plan to put on

your grave on your funeral day and believe us , that day is coming a lot sooner

than you think.—Black Birds."

Lola and I exchanged glances. I've never been so terrified in my entire life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Gloriagee(f): 12:34pm On Apr 05, 2017
Na real wa. Do or die tins....

Bravo MhizGracie, u're trying

1 Like

Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Damibiz(m): 12:50pm On Apr 05, 2017
Nice update,DAMIBIZ is following

1 Like

Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by uminem02(m): 2:11pm On Apr 05, 2017
Problem!!!
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2017
Gloriagee:
Na real wa. Do or die tins....

Bravo MhizGracie, u're trying
Damibiz:
Damibiz:
Damibiz:
Thanks dearies
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by comelyJummy(f): 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2017
Jane only you one see what you have brought upon yourself. Double wahala for dead body

1 Like

Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Chumzypinky(f): 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
Wow bae! I think i need to recieve lectures from you. You're just too wow

1 Like

Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Rukkydelta(f): 3:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hmmm
lipsrsealed
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by xprezz02(f): 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2017
hmmmm...interesting story,,,i don't blame Jane tho,she was inlove and made a mistake

1 Like

Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Ifecoded(m): 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2017
xprezz02:
hmmmm...interesting story,,,i don't blame Jane tho,she was inlove and made a mistake
Lolz..So sis who do you blame? The sincere guys or the talented writer
True Love doesn't CHEAT.
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by xprezz02(f): 3:59pm On Apr 05, 2017
Ifecoded:

Lolz..So sis who do you blame? The sincere guys or the talented writer
True Love doesn't CHEAT.
Lol,I don't blame anyone oh,bt u knw dat we cannot choose who we fall in
love with or control it,,,dats y I said she made a mistake
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Ifecoded(m): 4:09pm On Apr 05, 2017
xprezz02:
Lol,I don't blame anyone oh,bt u knw dat we cannot choose who we fall in
love with or control it,,,dats y I said she made a mistake
A big mistake at that... She should have called it quit with someone, it's obvious she loves Somto more, may be it's b'coz Chuks has been too nice to her. How will someone fall in love with two different pple? Nawa 4 dem girls o

1 Like

Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Wow bae! I think i need to recieve lectures from you. You're just too wow
I'm humbled...thanks a lot ma.
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 05, 2017
Thank you all for following my story, I really appreciate it.
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 05, 2017

"You still haven't told me why you came back home so early—what are you doing at home in the middle of the semester?" my mum asked for the umpteenth time. I sighed 'won't this woman give up already? I've been trying to avoid her questions since I arrived home two days ago because I didn't want to lie to her but if she kept putting pressure on me, I would have no choice but to lie to her. How could I possibly tell her that the deadliest cult on campus was after my life because I sent "one of their dear brothers" to jail? She would definitely die of a heart attack, I was her only child and she was so close to menopause. I had vowed to keep my parents as far away from my problems as possible, I didn't want them to be dragged into all the commotion in my life. They were innocent people who thought their "innocent" daughter was in school studying Physiotherapy and facing her studies. Unknown to them, their daughter was nothing but a useless girl who let stupid love ruin her life.

"Can't I come to my father's house whenever I like? Or am I not welcome here anymore?" I asked feigning sadness "If you don't want me around, I'll leave first thing tomorrow morning." She immediately fell for my cheap antics "No my darling, you know that if it were up to me, you wouldn't be so far away from me in the first place, I tried several times to convince your father to send you to any of the state universities here in Delta state but he insisted on sending you to a Federal university in Benin—I wish you could stay here with me so I can keep my eyes on my little princess." I smiled and enveloped her in a warm embrace "I was missing you and dad so much, that's why I came back."
"But your exams are starting in about a month's time, don't you think you'll miss out on valuable revision lectures? " she asked looking worried.
"Trust me mum, you know I can never fail my exams or have you forgotten that your daughter is the next Albert Einstein?" I joked. She laughed heartily "Let's go and prepare dinner before you crack my aging ribs."
I followed her to the kitchen and we spent so much time together that evening. For a moment, I forgot about everything that was going on. With Lola's help, I was able to sneak out of campus, heavily disguised as an old woman to escape the wrath of The blackbirds. I know I couldn't run forever but I needed to stay alive in order to figure a way out of my predicament. I found it hard to sleep since the day I received the threat letter, most times I slept at 3a.m or even 4a.m. I lived in fear, any noise I heard in my room made my heart jump and whenever I went out to buy something, I trembled at the sight of any suspicious looking male. I sincerely hoped that the black birds would never discover my whereabouts.

I retired to bed after another awful day, it was 2a.m and I had stayed up all night thinking as usual but occasionally glancing at the TV. I woke up the next morning to find an awfully quiet house. I didn't hear the sound of my dad's radio and my mum wasn't battling with her kitchen utensils noisily as she did every morning. I felt a chill run down my spine, I tiptoed out of my room and headed towards my parents room, I opened my mouth in shock when I entered the room. They were both lying still in the pool of their own blood. I saw the inscription "BB" written boldly on the wall with blood. As I was about to scream, I felt a strong grip on my throat. I struggled to free myself but the grip only got tighter. I was just about to breath my last when I woke up panting and sweating profusely.
"It was just a nightmare!" I heaved a sigh of relief "Thank goodness." I was so terrified, I've never had such a terrible nightmare before. I jumped out of bed, it was 4:30a.m. I rushed to my parents room with trembling feet and found both of them sleeping soundly. "Thank God!" I muttered. I went back to my room and switched on my phone. I saw an email from an unknown account, it was a video with a short caption. I read the caption "You can run but your friend can't!" I was horrified, i quickly opened the video and I received the shock of my life. Lola was tied to a chair and gagged with a masking tape, she was whimpering and I could see tears trickling down her beautiful face.
"Oh God! " I screamed. Another innocent person had just been dragged into my mess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Damibiz(m): 7:23pm On Apr 05, 2017
Nice update,DAmibiz is following......our mistakes of today may hurt us tomorrow.....
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by alarmednigerian: 7:33pm On Apr 05, 2017
Nice story...following
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by xprezz02(f): 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2017
hmmmm..following quietly
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by EvaJael(f): 9:13pm On Apr 05, 2017
Ah...na wa o. I've started crying sef
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2017
EvaJael:
Ah...na wa o. I've started crying sef
Lol..pls don't cry o
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 05, 2017
Damibiz:
Nice update,DAmibiz is following......our mistakes of today may hurt us tomorrow.....
xprezz02:
hmmmm..following quietly
[ Thanks
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
alarmednigerian:
Nice story...following
Thanks
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by EvaJael(f): 10:06pm On Apr 05, 2017
MhizGracie:
Lol..pls don't cry o
My sista...tell my eyes to stop na. The suffering don dey maxi...cant help it.
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Chumzypinky(f): 10:22pm On Apr 05, 2017
Mehn! Jane's a...a....a...a...infact, i dun evn know how to classify her. But she's a blockhead

2 Likes

Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Damibiz(m): 10:37pm On Apr 05, 2017
U re welcome dear.....kontinue za good work
MhizGracie:
[ Thanks
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by faithomo001: 10:55pm On Apr 05, 2017
Damibiz:
yeah true talk .Jane is just unfortunate ,girls do date plenty guys and get away with it.and I think chucks went far
Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by EvaJael(f): 10:57pm On Apr 05, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Mehn! Jane's a...a....a...a...infact, i dun evn know how to classify her. But she's a blockhead
Mama...u get am

1 Like

Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Damibiz(m): 11:05pm On Apr 05, 2017
Yea chukz went far bcus he was hurt beyond reasoning....JANE could hv explain tinz to him first instead of messing around with his emotions
faithomo001:
yeah true talk .Jane is just unfortunate ,girls do date plenty guys and get away with it.and I think chucks went far

1 Like

Re: Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace by Rukkydelta(f): 6:22am On Apr 06, 2017
I think chucks take this to the extreme

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Favourite Who Loved Me (18+) / The Last Bus / Relationship Story "A Friend In Need" (Full Episode)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.