Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,262 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Nigerias' World Cup Opp., Cameroon Lose 2-1 To Guinea In International Friendly - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerias' World Cup Opp., Cameroon Lose 2-1 To Guinea In International Friendly (848 Views)

Ukraine Vs Nigeria: International Friendly (2- 2) Full Time / Xenophobia: Zambia Cancels International Friendly Game With S’africa / Nigeria Vs Egypt: International Friendly - 1 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerias' World Cup Opp., Cameroon Lose 2-1 To Guinea In International Friendly by robosky02(m): 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
Indomitable Lions went down 2-1 to Guinea in an international friendly played on Tuesday night at Edmond Manchtens Stadium in Brussels, despite the Hugo Broos coached side putting up a spirited fight.

The Syli Nationale took the lead in the 22th minute through Demba Camara strike in a match that triggered hostilities among the two sides.

Cameroon made it one all in the 30th minute through Karl Toko Ekambi, after he volleying a cross, before Francois Kamano netted opponents second goal of the game to guarantee them a narrow 2-1 win.

The match served as a build up ahead of the 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifiers scheduled to take place from June this year as well as upcoming 2018 FIFA Wolrd qualifiers.

The Indomitable Lions are currently second in Group B of the journey to Russia on two points after two matches, four points adrift of the Super Eagles of Nigeria who they are scheduled to meet in Uyo in August.

http://www.soka25east.com/cameroon-lose-2-1-guinea-international-friendly/

Re: Nigerias' World Cup Opp., Cameroon Lose 2-1 To Guinea In International Friendly by ediama(m): 3:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
once they realised that their next opponent is Nigeria, they will suddenly turn to tiger. That's when every player thinks he can do it better than Okocha!
like Chelsea against stock city.
Re: Nigerias' World Cup Opp., Cameroon Lose 2-1 To Guinea In International Friendly by robosky02(m): 3:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
this is good news to Nigeria

cos the fear factor as African champions have been erased by Guinea

so the eagles can finish them now grin

mynd44 what do you think?
Re: Nigerias' World Cup Opp., Cameroon Lose 2-1 To Guinea In International Friendly by robosky02(m): 3:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
ediama:
once they realised that their next opponent is Nigeria, they will suddenly turn to tiger. That's when every player thinks he can do it better than Okocha!
like Chelsea against stock city.

paper tiger grin
Re: Nigerias' World Cup Opp., Cameroon Lose 2-1 To Guinea In International Friendly by robosky02(m): 3:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
more wahala for Cameroon

Cameroon boss Hugo Broos threatens to quite

Hugo Broos guided Cameroon to their fifth African title last month but could now be set to leave his job

Cameroon's Africa Cup of Nations-winning coach Hugo Broos has threatened to quit over management and funding problems in the national team set-up.

Broos, who led the team to the trophy in Gabon in February, said he is "seriously considering whether I should continue or not".

He also said his players and staff have to work in "poor conditions" while Cameron Football Federation officials "sit in their chairs doing nothing".

"I cannot accept this," he added.

Broos made his comments in a news conference after a 2-1 defeat by Guinea in a friendly in Belgium on Tuesday, revealing the extent of the problems he has faced since his appointment in February 2016.

Today I am saying that this is the last straw

"One year ago when I started working with Cameroon I met many problems. Despite all this we worked hard and reached a new level. But the working conditions are not professional," he said.

"For example, when we had to go to South Africa last year we were forced to wait for more than two hours on a plane because some officials wanted to put more people than necessary on the plane. It is not fair to pay for other people's mistakes.

"Also when we went to Nantes the doctor had to pay for some drugs and bandages with his own money for the first two days. He has yet to be refunded.

"We travelled without training kit and equipment because it was too expensive to put it on the plane.

"At mid-day before the match against Guinea, the players didn't have lunch because the hotel had not been paid. The bad performance against Guinea was a consequence of the poor preparations we had.

"No food? Hotel not been paid? This is the national team. We want better conditions.

"Today I am saying that this is the last straw."

Cameroon's Football Federation (Fecafoot) said on its Twitter page that it would launch an inquiry into what led to the comments from Broos.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39433851
Re: Nigerias' World Cup Opp., Cameroon Lose 2-1 To Guinea In International Friendly by mikron(m): 2:00am On Mar 30, 2017
meen bone cameroun, they will be beaten home and away, i still maintain that. we will beat them. u can take that to the bank
Re: Nigerias' World Cup Opp., Cameroon Lose 2-1 To Guinea In International Friendly by Nobody: 4:40am On Mar 30, 2017
mikron:
meen bone cameroun, they will be beaten home and away, i still maintain that. we will beat them. u can take that to the bank

Nigeria need to be careful. The Cameroon we beat 3-0 in a friendly is different from the present squad. I think they were unlucky to lose against Guinea.

A very physical team will pose a big challenge to the Eagles. I see that team in the present set of Cameroon lions. Since the last match against Algeria, Nigeria has dipped in form and it showed in the friendly against Senegal in London. Cancelled Burkina Faso game would've been used to assess and correct lots of errors but we missed that opportunity.

There are lots of untested very young players in our team. Having a Nigerian background should not be an automatic ticket to the Super Eagles shirt. It might haunt us soon if NFF don't manage the country's football with the seriousness that it deserves. NPFL shouldn't be only good in churning out under 17s, 20s and under 23s.

I don't think it's right for the NFF chairman to be travelling round the world looking for players with Nigerian background when the NPFL can produce better players.

Btw. Rangers of Enugu need serious soul searching. How can a team that won the league last year be languishing at the bottom of the league table? I'm aware that they have outstanding matches because of CAF engagement where they got embarrassed by Zamalek of Egypt but they have been very poor at home and away. They lack resilience characteristic of the old Rangers. Last week at Ibadan, they had held the home team till the last minute of injury time before they conceded the winning goal to shooting stars. The week before they needed a penalty to beat zamalek 2-1 in a match they needed three replied goals. Yesterday at Enugu, they drew with Remo stars of all team. Whoever is responsible for their poor form need to be shown the door before it's too late.
Re: Nigerias' World Cup Opp., Cameroon Lose 2-1 To Guinea In International Friendly by deebest(m): 4:46am On Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria should still watch complacency....
We've got the talents but we can put up better showings in forthcoming matches. For me, we are not there yet but the boys are trying
Re: Nigerias' World Cup Opp., Cameroon Lose 2-1 To Guinea In International Friendly by mikron(m): 1:12am On Apr 01, 2017
gbosaa:

Nigeria need to be careful. The Cameroon we beat 3-0 in a friendly is different from the present squad. I think they were unlucky to lose against Guinea.

A very physical team will pose a big challenge to the Eagles. I see that team in the present set of Cameroon lions. Since the last match against Algeria, Nigeria has dipped in form and it showed in the friendly against Senegal in London. Cancelled Burkina Faso game would've been used to assess and correct lots of errors but we missed that opportunity.

There are lots of untested very young players in our team. Having a Nigerian background should not be an automatic ticket to the Super Eagles shirt. It might haunt us soon if NFF don't manage the country's football with the seriousness that it deserves. NPFL shouldn't be only good in churning out under 17s, 20s and under 23s.

I don't think it's right for the NFF chairman to be travelling round the world looking for players with Nigerian background when the NPFL can produce better players.

Btw. Rangers of Enugu need serious soul searching. How can a team that won the league last year be languishing at the bottom of the league table? I'm aware that they have outstanding matches because of CAF engagement where they got embarrassed by Zamalek of Egypt but they have been very poor at home and away. They lack resilience characteristic of the old Rangers. Last week at Ibadan, they had held the home team till the last minute of injury time before they conceded the winning goal to shooting stars. The week before they needed a penalty to beat zamalek 2-1 in a match they needed three replied goals. Yesterday at Enugu, they drew with Remo stars of all team. Whoever is responsible for their poor form need to be shown the door before it's too late.
im speechless like u bro, the rate at which rangers are dipping in form is alarming. btw i noticed our club-sides are mostly guilty of this trend, they lack consistency, checkout major leagues in Europe, u see 3 to 4 particular clubs always making it to the top of the league every year, EPL- man u, chelsea, arsenal and man city. LA-LIGA-Real mad, barcelona, Ath Madrid, SERIA-A- Juve, Napoli, inter and AC milan, LIGUE- one- PSG, Monaco, Olympic Lyonnaise etc but same cannot be said of our league, this year u will see mfm at the summit of the league, next year u might see remo stars or 3SC, pathetic.
back to cameroun, i still maintain we will beat them. wink wink
cameroun lacks tactics and skill, they are physical when they play, thats not all u need in football, they thought because they AFCON champs they have arrived and can beat any team in Africa, that will be their greatest undoing.cheesy cheesy
whats ur take on ola aina and chuba akpom getting set to switch allegiance to Nigeria? naija super eagles is on the path to greatness. we re on the rise once again. nothing like a mobile youthful team;

(1) (Reply)

Fans Taunt Victor Moses Over Red Card / Is Pep Guardilola A Racist?..6 African Players Sold By Guardilola / The Ultimate Football Betting Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.