Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Before You Marry A Military Man - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Before You Marry A Military Man (31943 Views)

Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / Before You Marry As A Man / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by jjblue: 4:12pm On Mar 30, 2017
Marrying a Military man is not for the fainthearted. Not every soldier shouts or maltreat his Wife. In as much as some of the points the OP raised are relevant, but he should not generalized. There are many soldiers/officers that are discipline and good husbands.

Funny enough some girls that brag for not to have anything to do with a military man, change their perception when they have encounter with nice uniform men. I have seen those that brag, but ended up friending a military man.

Many comments here including the Op's, are subjective rather than objective. Many barrack boys become successful in different fields of endeavour eg Doctors, Engineers, int'l footballers etc.
Well!!! everybody is entitled to his opinion, but I have seen many ignorant comments.

Don't discourage others, pls.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2017
okay.
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by Torkwase1(f): 4:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
Main issue is the long absence from home, and fear of casualty in battle.
There may be some promiscuous ones among them, but that's something you'll see among all other categories of people. How many Nigerian men are "chaste"? You just pray and let God keep your man for you.
Forget the toughness they depict outside, most of them (at least the officers) are very caring/romantic to their family.
You can also be sure of a big support system from the other military families around.
Bottom line, military men are human too, and they need to love and be loved.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by TopGunFighter: 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2017
you are worried about what isn't your business. Why don't you write "things to know when marrying a politician". You don't have respect for national heroes without those soldiers you will be lying in waste some where because BHT would have conquered from the north and Mason from the east the avengers from Niger delta and I trust the Oduduwas won't seat back.. you are coming to post rubbish. If you not walk the walk you bloody well don't talk the talk. Peace. A woman who marries a soldier is worth 3times an ordinary man. She's the real hero

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by Ishilove: 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hungerbad did you see how that guy kissed his lady? Can you kiss like that?

Gbegemaster, oya come and take lessons cheesy

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by Adewalefae(m): 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
my popsi na military man I was already in school when I was introduce to him, imagine he was never around infact I don't know him too well till date

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by Ningi2020(m): 6:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
A Soldier is the best companion for every woman

1 Share

Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by babadem2much(m): 7:17pm On Mar 30, 2017
nnamdibig:
Marrying a military man is just like marry every other person.
All that you mentioned can still happen when you marry a banker or someone working with all these multinationals.

Nailed, marry a driver and be sure you are married to a husband afterall many women.....
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by geekybabe(f): 7:27pm On Mar 30, 2017
zeus2412:
babe you are totally wrong, the best schools that comes out top in wassce are the product of military school so girl if u know ntn you shut up. if you doubt it go to any military school especially if its nms, or afms, afgms and co. so if u are pained our form is out and its free go and apply.
Which best schools? Lol. In d past some few airforce and naval schls were cool but they were not the best. FGC's were way better. Even now, military parents dat have money would never send their kids to military schls.

Biko which form? Apply for what?
I left uni 5 years ago. Me i dont know d form u are talking about. My life is great and can only get better.
Thank u military madam.
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by babadem2much(m): 7:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
For those who says marrying a Military man is a taboo, i hope you will not run to him in times of trouble, other men don't die as a result of gunshot, trailer or vehicles don't kill ordinary citizens, other men don't travel and stick to their wives till they give birth and nuture the child abi?..... Some people reason with their legs

Military men are the real men, we na follow follow joor..

Who womanize reach person wey get time?

Abeg free dem joor
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by octopusfreaky(f): 7:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Op but yyy Do you want me to cry?
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by sassyangel1(f): 7:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
jjblue:
Marrying a Military man is not for the fainthearted. Not every soldier shouts or maltreat his Wife. In as much as some of the points the OP raised are relevant, but he should not generalized. There are many soldiers/officers that are discipline and good husbands.

Funny enough some girls that brag for not to have anything to do with a military man, change their perception when they have encounter with nice uniform men. I have seen those that brag, but ended up friending a military man.

Many comments here including the Op's, are subjective rather than objective. Many barrack boys become successful in different fields of endeavour eg Doctors, Engineers, int'l footballers etc.
Well!!! everybody is entitled to his opinion, but I have seen many ignorant comments.

Don't discourage others, pls.

Very true. I'm a chartered accountant by profession married to an army officer. I would say out of the few CIVILIAN men I dated back then my HUSBAND was and is still the best. I could remember years back I sounded like some people here but right now, I'm in it and I'm proud of my husband in whatever career he has chosen to serve humanity.
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by sassyangel1(f): 7:57pm On Mar 30, 2017
geekybabe:

Which best schools? Lol. In d past some few airforce and naval schls were cool but they were not the best. FGC's were way better. Even now, military parents dat have money would never send their kids to military schls.

Biko which form? Apply for what?
I left uni 5 years ago. Me i dont know d form u are talking about. My life is great and can only get better.
Thank u military madam.

It depends on the type of schools you are talking about. Just as how we have the public and private schools in the civilian world that is how it is in the military world just that we don't call it public military school. I can boldly tell u that the school my husband and I enrol our children is a catholic school in the barracks and the standard is sooo better than most of the private schools in the civilian environment. I graduated from university since 2007.
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by sassyangel1(f): 8:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
TopGunFighter:
you are worried about what isn't your business. Why don't you write "things to know when marrying a politician". You don't have respect for national heroes without those soldiers you will be lying in waste some where because BHT would have conquered from the north and Mason from the east the avengers from Niger delta and I trust the Oduduwas won't seat back.. you are coming to post rubbish. If you not walk the walk you bloody well don't talk the talk.

Peace. A woman who marries a soldier is worth 3times an ordinary man. She's the real hero

How I wish people see military wives as the unsung heroes. It takes only A STRONG WOMAN TO BE MARRIED TO A SOLDIER, be faithful to him and always pray for her husband.

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:10pm On Mar 30, 2017
moblix:
U 4get Womanizing and drinking 4 mami market
exactly! they just can't stop fyioking girls around. Majority of them don't drink though but if na fyiok, yeaaaaaaah!they like fyiok pass battlefield
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by Dannan: 11:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
sweerychick:
Anyone else can behave like that so it shouldn't be limited to soldiers only. Besides I see soldiers as discipline people. Wouldn't mind marrying one kiss kiss. At least I'll be safe from harm
only GOD keeps safe from harm.
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by McTobe(m): 7:29am On Mar 31, 2017
sweerychick:
Anyone else can behave like that so it shouldn't be limited to soldiers only. Besides I see soldiers as discipline people. Wouldn't mind marrying one kiss kiss. At least I'll be safe from harm
lol Discipline as far as Regimental life & battle field ethics is concerned bkos he knows dat his life & career depends on it. As far as am concerned Soldiers(Both Army & Airforce) dat I hv related closely with are d most abusive, flirtitous, and a few drunks set of professionals I hv ever known. Family life discipline? NO
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 31, 2017
sweerychick:
I was born in the barracks, my advice just remember roses have thorns.
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by olac21(m): 8:25am On Mar 31, 2017
sweerychick:
What harm?As if he himself is free from harm!
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by Incrizz(f): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2017
'Can't date any "uniform" man.
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by jbhill(m): 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2017
sweerychick:
u just melted my heart with this words...we the best.
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by gbegemaster(m): 3:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
Ishilove:
Hungerbad did you see how that guy kissed his lady? Can you kiss like that?

Gbegemaster, oya come and take lessons cheesy
mwuah! How was that?
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by Ishilove: 6:14pm On Apr 01, 2017
gbegemaster:
mwuah! How was that?
Below average. angry

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by gbegemaster(m): 4:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
Ishilove:

Below average. angry
chai. You don fall my ego. You suppose whisper am to me
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by Ishilove: 4:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
gbegemaster:
chai. You don fall my ego. You suppose whisper am to me
I shout am so dat you go dey gingered to perform.
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by gbegemaster(m): 9:21pm On Apr 02, 2017
Ishilove:

I shout am so dat you go dey gingered to perform.
Don't worry, my next performance will cause you to shout for joy.
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by Ishilove: 10:07pm On Apr 02, 2017
gbegemaster:
Don't worry, my next performance will cause you to shout for joy.
Adonbelivit
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by gbegemaster(m): 7:48am On Apr 03, 2017
Ishilove:

Adonbelivit

Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by Ishilove: 10:07am On Apr 03, 2017
[quote author=gbegemaster post=55212712][/quote]
Issokay. We shall see cheesy
Re: Before You Marry A Military Man by cuteeme: 3:59pm On Mar 02, 2020
sassyangel1:
Proudly Army wife! The only truth u said is the absence of our military husbands. Prayer and trust is the vital key. I don't move up and down with our children to visit him in the north. I do the visiting myself or he comes down to spend some time with his children and wife (myself).
Am an Airforce wife,even the birds are jealous,even u civillian sisters are green with envy when we march out with our darling husbands in their full war kit,i can and will never regret marrying my husband,how many civillians apart from those working in multinationals or living abroad can boast of such a good life? not many i guess,so hit your ugle faces on the wall.Btw my husband is a senir officer,deal with that cool
sassyangel1:
Proudly Army wife! The only truth u said is the absence of our military husbands. Prayer and trust is the vital key. I don't move up and down with our children to visit him in the north. I do the visiting myself or he comes down to spend some time with his children and wife (myself).
Am an Airforce wife,even the birds are jealous,even u civillian sisters are green with envy when we march out with our darling husbands in their full war kit,i can and will never regret marrying my husband,how many civillians apart from those working in multinationals or living abroad can boast of such a good life? not many i guess,so hit your ugle faces on the wall.Btw my husband is a senir officer,deal with that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? / I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. / Girl In Abuja Cannot Locate Her Home & Parents(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.