Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,642 members, 7,854,683 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 12:50 AM

The Mix - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mix (265 Views)

Inner Peace Of Mind In The Mix Of Trial And Inevitable Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mix by kpakpandoN(m): 7:00am On Mar 30, 2017
“But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
Matthew 10:6
The Lord deliberately refers to His own as “sheep”. He affectionately calls them “My sheep”. From the above scripture, we can see that even when He is referring to sinners or those yet to be saved, He calls them the “lost sheep”. The Lord’s parable in Luke 15:3-7 makes it clear that His sheep can get lost. It also illustrates that the shepherd goes looking for the lost sheep until they are found. This means it is possible for sheep to go astray, but when the shepherd goes searching for them, he finds them and brings them back to the fold. In John 21:15-17, in His post-resurrection appearance to Peter, Jesus repeatedly asked him to feed His sheep and His lambs. A lamb is a baby sheep. Jesus does not pastor goats but sheep. He never said, “Feed my goats.” Never! This is why I tell my children not to call themselves “Pastor’s kids”, because kids are offspring of goats and rams. God has no place for goats.

However, in Matthew 25:31-46, you will observe that the sheep and the goats got mixed up together. This is so because wherever the sheep gather, goats would subtly infiltrate their fold (Matthew 13:24-30). This is why some people are heading for Heaven while some others are heading for Hell in the Church. The final separation will take place on the last day. God allows the goats to coexist with the sheep, but on the last day, He will separate them: the sheep will be on His right hand, while the goats will be on the left. He will address them separately and send them to their separate eternal destinations. This is very serious! Furthermore, this co-existence of sheep and goats gives room for pretence. That means the fellow sitting next to you might be a goat pretending to be a sheep. You also might be a goat pretending to be a sheep. This calls for self examination. Jesus gave the criteria for discerning a goat from a sheep in John 10:27. He said:
“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:”

Do you pass the test of hearing His voice and following in His footsteps? Does He know you? I was telling one of my sons recently how my father in the Lord use to ask me to pray for patience. In those days, when I saw someone not fully complying with what we were taught, I would go to Papa, compelling him to do something about it. He would just ask me to pray for more patience. Today, I understand better. God allows goats and sheep to coexist. Are you a goat or a sheep?
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Re: The Mix by menxer: 7:28am On Mar 30, 2017
This article is at best laughable as it is ignorant of the fact that some animals are not natives or reared in certain society or climes.

For example, sheep are not native to South South Nigeria, just like horses, but goats are. Meaning it is most likely to find stories and parables about goats than horses.
The same applies in the bible society that Jesus lived.

Besides, what does the Bible have against goats? Is it not God that created goats to be frisky, strong willed and independent?

One main attribute of a sheep is docility, but Jesus is the "Lion of Judah," is docility also an attribute of a lion?
Are lions shepherds?

I thought we ought to be like Jesus not like a sheep.

(1) (Reply)

Worship With Pastor Chris At Christ Embassy Online Church / What Age Is Your Earliest Memory From? / Careless Or Careful Father?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.