Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. (50635 Views)

Abuja-keffi Road, 3rd Mainland & Onitsha Bridges- Busiest In Nigeria- FMWH / Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) / Top 20 Busiest Airports In The World By Passenger Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by sunnyt1(m): 8:30pm On Mar 30, 2017
thesicilian:

Statements like these reveal people who have never left their homes.
a typical lagosian believes lagos is the center of the world, they are funny

1 Like

Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2017
thinkative:

I think it's beyond NYSC.

I for one have not left the southwest for about a year now. and I am someone who enjoys travelling

The issue is that there has been absolutely no reason for me to go to the east or north for a year now. No reason

The other states need to buck up their ideas. they need to become economically viable first. Then people will be attracted to these states. a bit of tourism will help too.

Bro, there are many economically viable states outside LAGOS. Infact the only attraction to the SW is Lagos.

I grew up in the South where my Sunday School teacher was Yoruba, pastor was Yoruba, even a few of my neighbors are Yoruba. Many people from the south west work in the south South. I even met a friend in Lagos who wishes to return to pH to work. Saying nothing happens outside the south west means you're uninformed too.

I just wish something draws you outside the south west to see the rest of Nigeria. It's beautiful on the other side; just not as crowded.
Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by thinkative: 9:23pm On Mar 30, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

Bro, there are many economically viable states outside LAGOS. Infact the only attraction to the SW is Lagos.

I grew up in the South where my Sunday School teacher was Yoruba, pastor was Yoruba, even a few of my neighbors are Yoruba. Many people from the south west work in the south South. I even met a friend in Lagos who wishes to return to pH to work. Saying nothing happens outside the south west means you're uninformed too.

I just wish something draws you outside the south west to see the rest of Nigeria. It's beautiful on the other side; just not as crowded.

I didn't say nothing happens outside the southwest. I only said I have not been outside the southwest in a year.

when I said other states have to do better. I was reffering to all states apart from Lagos, including other states in the south west. in fact, I believe the only states that come close to being self sufficient are Lagos,Ogun,rivers and maybe kano.

I'm not uninformed. rather, you failed to comprehend my post. due to your biased preconception.

and I still insist that other states still have a long way to go.

by the way, I have been to Enugu, aba, PH, Abuja, kano, kebbi and makurdi in the past. its just that there's not enough in most of these places to lure people back. that was my point

the way you jumped on the south west part makes me think you're one of the tribal warlords here on NL

1 Like

Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by igwebuike01: 9:36pm On Mar 30, 2017
Mynd44:
You should also mention Ikorodu road and Lagos-Abeokuta

Which one is the East-West?
Yoruba people and ignorance of things outside yorubaland. You don not know East West road??
Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by igwebuike01: 9:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
I guess the OP is referring to inter state expressways not necessarily all expressways cos Ikorudu road and Lekki-Epe expressway are busier than all the road on the list.

However, I'll replace Enugu Onitsha Express way with PH-Aba road. That's the busiest highway in the south South. It's busier than Enugu-Onitsha road cos of the volume of traders that ply Aba road on a daily basis.
PH-ABA express is a part of ENugu-PH

1 Like

Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by igwebuike01: 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2017
Mynd44:

I have stayed in Abeokuta, Ibadan, Ekiti and I wain Akure earlier this month.

I have also been to Benin, Abia and Owerri and also lived a bit in PortHarcourt. That is just south.

Now, that I do not know the road network called "East-West" road does not mean I have not been on that network

I can bet if we start talking about "E1" a lot of people wont know it is actually the Lagos-Ibadan
A1, not E1

1 Like

Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by igwebuike01: 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
thesicilian:

Hahaha. Up to 90% of Westerners still do their NYSC in the West.
I noticed this while serving in Ekiti. Why are these people scared of stepping outside their zone??

1 Like

Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 30, 2017
Blessed country but.... undecided
Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2017
thinkative:

I didn't say nothing happens outside the southwest. I only said I have not been outside the southwest in a year.

when I said other states have to do better. I was reffering to all states apart from Lagos, including other states in the south west. in fact, I believe the only states that come close to being self sufficient are Lagos,Ogun,rivers and maybe kano.

I'm not uninformed. rather, you failed to comprehend my post. due to your biased preconception.

and I still insist that other states still have a long way to go.

by the way, I have been to Enugu, aba, PH, Abuja, kano, kebbi and makurdi in the past. its just that there's not enough in most of these places to lure people back. that was my point

the way you jumped on the south west part makes me think you're one of the tribal warlords here on NL

Sorry if I misread your intent. But the part where u said other states aren't economically viable, I heavily disagree with. I've met multi-millionaires whose businesses aren't in Lagos, Rivers or Ogun. It depends on what you're looking for: if it's a job, Lagos and pH are good fishing grounds if not if you're into business you may have no business you may have no business with any of these states. Infact, what is really holding many states back is access to sea (Onitsha for instance) and maybe unfavorable government policies

I'm glad you've been to Aba and a few other viable places...
Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by igwebuike01: 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2017
thinkative:

I think it's beyond NYSC.

I for one have not left the southwest for about a year now. and I am someone who enjoys travelling

The issue is that there has been absolutely no reason for me to go to the east or north for a year now. No reason

The other states need to buck up their ideas. they need to become economically viable first. Then people will be attracted to these states. a bit of tourism will help too.
why do you all like deceiving yourselves?
Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by irewolepeter(m): 9:52pm On Mar 30, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
This is a list of the 5 Busiest Expressways/Highways in All of Nigeria.
Cheers.

1: Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (E1).
The Lagos - Ibadan expressway is the federal highway between the most populated city (Lagos) and the largest city (Ibadan), and is by far the busiest highway in Nigeria. It connects the Metropolis around Lagos to most parts of the South West, as well as the Northern 2/3rd of the country. The expressway is the oldest in Nigeria, commissioned in August 1978 during the Military era, under the administration of Major-General Olusegun Obasanjo, who resigned on October 1, 1979, before he was later elected in May 29, 1999. It is also the busiest in West Africa, and is reputed to constitute one of the largest road network in Africa as a whole.

2: Shagamu - Ore - Benin Expressway (A121)
Frequent travelers would agree that the Benin-Ore-Shagamu road is one of the most travelled roads in Nigeria. This is the second busiest road route in Nigeria. It connects Lagos and it surroundings to parts of the South West, South South, and the South East Zones of Nigeria through Ogun, Ondo and Edo states. It is ever busy.

3: Okene - Lokoja - Abuja (A2)
Since the capital and government-seat of Nigeria was moved from Lagos to Abuja, the FCT has become one of the most popular cities in the country and its roads, some of the most travelled in Nigeria. You can enter Abuja from Suleja in Niger State, from Kaduna in the North, from Nassarawa in the East, and from Lokoja, Kogi State in the South among other major roads, but the Abuja-Lokoja-Okene express is the most-used, for the mere fact that it connect the three vibrant zones of Southern Nigeria to the national capital. Thousands of vehicles coming from the Western, Southern and Eastern parts of the country take the Abuja-Lokoja-Okene road and sometimes the Ilorin - Jebba- Suleja road into the FCT.

4: Abuja - Kaduna Expressway (A234/235)
This is another important central nerve roads of Nigeria. It connects Abuja , the national capital with heavily populated portions of the North such as Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Jigawa Etc. It is mostly used by people from the Northern part of the country to reach Abuja and further through the Okene routh into the Southern portions of the country. It is always busy

5: Enugu - Onitsha Expressway
This road connects probably the two most important cities in the Eastern zone of the country. Onitsha and Enugu, passing through Awka, the Anambra state capital. Having been built in the late 1970s. It is one of the busiest roads used by Igbo traders and other people from the Eastern parts of the country as well as parts of Benue and Cross-river states trying to reach the Western part of the country. Hundreds of luxurious buses and trucks and smaller vehicles ply the road on daily basis and it is generally very busy.

Honorable mentions.

Enugu - Port Harcourt Expressway
Ife - Ibadan Expressway
Benin - Warri Expressway
Kaduna - Zaria - Kano Expressway
Ibadan - Ilorin Expressway
Owerri - Port Harcourt Expressway
Lagos - Badagry Expressway
Benin - Asaba Expressway
East - West Road

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44.

Incomplete!!!
Where's Apapa-Oshodi
Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
igwebuike01:

PH-ABA express is a part of ENugu-PH

In extension Yea. But the part between the two cities is called Aba/pH expressway. If u call am another name locals go look like say u dey talk Elvish

grin
Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by thinkative: 11:55pm On Mar 30, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

Sorry if I misread your intent. But the part where u said other states aren't economically viable, I heavily disagree with. I've met multi-millionaires whose businesses aren't in Lagos, Rivers or Ogun. It depends on what you're looking for: if it's a job, Lagos and pH are good fishing grounds if not if you're into business you may have no business you may have no business with any of these states. Infact, what is really holding many states back is access to sea (Onitsha for instance) and maybe unfavorable government policies

I'm glad you've been to Aba and a few other viable places...

Its all good

the IGR of most of our states is not up to 10% of the allocation they get from the FG. This coupled with the 'usual' poor governance issues is why I'm of the opinion that most states are not viable.

I'm an accountant and I consult for businesses. audit and tax consultancy. my firm is a start up, so I target small businesses. overtime, I have come to realize that majority of these businesses are in Lagos and Ogun.

I once went to Enugu with a friend in 2015. stayed in emene, just opposite the airport for like a month. and I liked the town. serene and calm. no hassle. the governor was very popular. ive forgotten his name now. but his nickname was gburugburu. lol

But we found it hard to get clients. the few businesses around already had their own consultants. most believed they were not making enough to be able to afford the luxury of consultancy. Very frustrating. so I had to come back home. I think its easier for traders tho

Hope you can see it from my perspective now

1 Like

Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by thinkative: 12:02am On Mar 31, 2017
igwebuike01:

why do you all like deceiving yourselves?

no deceit. its obvious that most of our states are not doing well. the governors just sit back and wait for handouts from Abuja. IGR is nothing to write home about.

maybe you reacted to the 'south-west' in my post tho. but I was only pointing out that I've not left my comfort zone for some time. its not abt politics or ethnicity or tribe.

the problem is general. even states in the south west like Oyo,osun,ondo and ekiti have to do more.

1 Like

Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 31, 2017
thinkative:

Its all good

the IGR of most of our states is not up to 10% of the allocation they get from the FG. This coupled with the 'usual' poor governance issues is why I'm of the opinion that most states are not viable.

I'm an accountant and I consult for businesses. audit and tax consultancy. my firm is a start up, so I target small businesses. overtime, I have come to realize that majority of these businesses are in Lagos and Ogun.

I once went to Enugu with a friend in 2015. stayed in emene, just opposite the airport for like a month. and I liked the town. serene and calm. no hassle. the governor was very popular. ive forgotten his name now. but his nickname was gburugburu. lol

But we found it hard to get clients. the few businesses around already had their own consultants. most believed they were not making enough to be able to afford the luxury of consultancy. Very frustrating. so I had to come back home. I think its easier for traders tho

Hope you can see it from my perspective now

I feel you
Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by tammie24: 4:56am On Mar 31, 2017
hakeem4:
So ikorodu road isn't busy

Most of the pictures you're showing sef cars aren't much there

What is enugu- onitsha express doing there
help me ask am o!!!

1 Like

Re: See The List Of The 5 Busiest Roads In Nigeria. by Justme66308519: 6:06pm On Jan 31, 2022
I know the east west road

From delta state to akwa ibom state

It's actually 10 minutes drive from sapele/Benin warri expressway in delta state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Crushes Bus Along Abeokuta Expressway, Tollgate Bus Stop / Pictures Of The Road Infrastructures Governor Adeleke Built In The Last 6 Months / Never Depend On Anybody That Is Outside The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.