Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,070 members, 7,811,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam (23345 Views)

Score Above 250 In 2019 Jamb CBT Exam | Sure JAMB UTME Questions And Answers / Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics / JAMB 2018: How To Successfully Score Very High In Jamb(300+) CBT Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
people are still gonna mess up.
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
jejemanito:
Anybody that can register for this year's JAMB, write and pass will find it very very easy to get past St. Peter on judgement day grin
I tell you bro. You said it all

1 Like

Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by Sirpaul(m): 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
This is so real am a Network Engineer
worked with Jamb last year as an Administrator
i was shocked when i saw some candidate crying just for them to use the mouse
some were even afraid to touch it .........

but instead of scraping why not teach them how to use it!....
||Eod

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by peacebirdone: 12:23pm On Mar 30, 2017
Doesn't make sense to me. The calculator fa? How does that help?
The ability to start with any paper?
The login?

The mock is good for them, they should use it well. It's a pity that these ones are suffering for what they didn't cause. The jamb malpractice was true corruption.

Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by persius555(m): 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

the mouse was invented in 1964, it should be obsolete by now.

People are still dumb, that is why the mouse is still around.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by FvckShiT(m): 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2017
ElizaVeta:
Hey... My fvck fvck friend tongue

hey! wink Where dã fúck yôu ßeen? ßeen fúcking long cheesy
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by fmarshal(m): 12:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:
i have to give it to JAMB, they are always upgrading every year. even though JAMB shouldn't even exist.
But WAEC has been around since before i was born and they still struggle to digitize common registration process.

Quite sad.

This is a downgrade bruh.
It's like they were using head pans to take their goods to the market, then someone bought them a pickup truck. Then, they said it's too sophisticated, they'd rather use a wheelbarrow.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by AlexzStructure(m): 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2017
This people shouldn't make things hard for this Children o...
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by babajeje123(m): 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2017
This is absurd! Scrapping the use of mouse because of its phobia? I wonder what students are being taught in their ICT/computer science classes if after six years, they can't use a mouse conveniently. Scrapping it will have a ripple effect on us all. Our universities will not only be churning out unemployable graduates but also, computer or 'mouse' illiterates graduates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by ElizaVeta(f): 12:31pm On Mar 30, 2017
FvckShiT:

hey! wink Where dã fúck yôu ßeen? ßeen fúcking long cheesy
yeah... missed your fvck sentences... that's a fvck fvck take over smiley
won't you ever get tired of including fvck in yo words?

1 Like

Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by babajeje123(m): 12:32pm On Mar 30, 2017
Dapromzy333:

According to him, this new method will eradicate the challenge of low computer literacy and phobia for mouse by some candidates.

Low computer literacy and phobia for mouse among intending Universities undergraduates while in some climes, their primary pupils are already becoming computer savvy. Let's continue to celebrate mediocrity o.
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by fmarshal(m): 12:33pm On Mar 30, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

Since you weren't born today, I guess that also makes you obsolete. Right?

The mouse has evolved bruh, follow the trend, track-ball, track pad, wireless etc.
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
`
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
fmarshal:

Since you weren't born today, I guess that also makes you obsolete. Right?

The mouse has evolved bruh, follow the trend, track-ball, track pad, wireless etc.

don't reply me with such dumb comparison dude.

fmarshal:

This is a downgrade bruh.
It's like they were using head pans to take their goods to the market, then someone bought them a pickup truck. Then, they said it's too sophisticated, they'd rather use a wheelbarrow.

it's not a downgrade. The people are in this thread are only doing what blacks do best, to castigate things they don't understand.
i bet you if there is to be a news about oxford using this same type of system in their exam halls, everybody that rejected this new upgrade will take back their words i can't really go into details why simply typing A B or C during a question is better than hovering a mouse and then clicking on the answer, the former seems very fast to me, so it saves time, essentially what technology is about and the latter?...well i don't need to say much about that.
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 30, 2017
So if I want to write biology before English,how will do.Click N 60 times.No button for next or previous subject

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
Apart from dat,wat of calculations,We press C for calculator abi
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by olamilekside2: 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hmmmmmm, Prof Oloyede is really working
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by fmarshal(m): 12:48pm On Mar 30, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

it's not a downgrade. The people are in this thread are only doing what blacks do best, to castigate things they don't understand.
i bet you if there is to be a news about oxford using this same type of system in their exam halls, everybody that rejected this new upgrade will take back their words i can't really go into details why simply typing A B or C during a question is better than hovering a mouse and then clicking on the answer, the former seems very fast to me, so it saves time, essentially what technology is about and the latter?...well i don't need to say much about that.

The idea behind this development is because "people have phobia for mouse". Bruh, it's 2017. What have they learnt in 3yrs of Nursery​ school 6yrs of Primary school, and 6yrs of Secondary school
So when they get to the University, and they are given a research work to do, would they be pressing ABCD.... on device, or they'd use the mouse to navigate

The day Oxford, or any top Institution use something like this, PIGS WOULD FLY.

PS: I apologise for the comparison I made earlier.
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by mployer(m): 12:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
babajeje123:
This is absurd! Scrapping the use of mouse because of its phobia? I wonder what students are being taught in their ICT/computer science classes if after six years, they can't use a mouse conveniently. Scrapping it will have a ripple effect on us all. Our universities will not only be churning out unemployable graduates but also, computer or 'mouse' illiterates graduates.

The exam is not a test of computer literacy. Even SAT is still paper based.
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by myk2mic: 12:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
Sirpaul:
This is so real am a Network Engineer
worked with Jamb last year as an Administrator
i was shocked when i saw some candidate crying just for them to use the mouse
some were even afraid to touch it .........

but instead of scraping why not teach them how to use it!....
||Eod

Are u a jamb staff or a contractor, Abeg u fit link me up with that kind of job even if its temporary .i am also a network engineer
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by Donpre(m): 12:55pm On Mar 30, 2017
Why not keep both methods and let the candidates decide which they prefer.

Now someone will be solving physics and also be bothered about not a mistake and pressing S.... God the Stress!!!!

1 Like

Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by babajeje123(m): 12:57pm On Mar 30, 2017
mployer:

The exam is not a test of computer literacy. Even SAT is still paper based.
Then, they should go back to paper.
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 30, 2017
chyy5:
Back from unwarranted ban. D mod that banned me will suffer chronic erectile dysfunction
grin
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
masada:
dis is the 21st century hw can people have phobia for mouse
na wa ooo

Maybe they are scared of mistakenly clicking submit when they are not done
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by KillerBeauty(f): 1:14pm On Mar 30, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

But since 1964 , people should have learned how to use it.
Haba, If they can't operate mouse with just 2 button na keyboard them wan sabi press
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by RosaConsidine: 1:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
But what if someone presses "s" by mistake.....and has only answered three questions....na the end be DAT na. It's much likelier to mistakenly press a key on the keyboard than to click something by mistake.

I like the face that JAMB are constantly looking for ways to improve but I'm skeptical about this one o.
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by KillerBeauty(f): 1:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

Oga this is not about technology upgrade or saving time in clicking answers.
The reason jamb gave for abducting this method is computer illiteracy and phobia for mouse.

I believe candidates should be encouraged to learn how to use mouse before the exams rather than changing the exam method altogether.

How will these young people perform research in the university when they can't use computer.
Abi na abcd them wan they click while googling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
KillerBeauty:

Oga this is not about technology upgrade or saving time in clicking answers.
The reason jamb gave for abducting this method is computer illiteracy and phobia for mouse.

I believe candidates should be encouraged to learn how to use mouse before the exams rather than changing the exam method altogether.

How will these young people perform research in the university when they can't use computer.
Abi na abcd them wan they click while googling

and JAMB is the one place you're supposed to learn how to use a computer so you can get better at researching in the university and not just enrolling in some comupter school.

Beautiful.
Re: JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam by KillerBeauty(f): 1:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

and JAMB is the one place you're supposed to learn how to use a computer so you can get better at researching in the university and not just enrolling in some comupter school.

Beautiful.

Please read my second paragraph very well oga

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians React To 2016 GCE Results Released By WAEC / Admission Into The Polytechnic Of Ibadan Part Time And Daily Part Time / FUTO Students Protest Over Exorbitant School Fees (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.