Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Honda Civic 2006 I-vtec - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Civic 2006 I-vtec (3297 Views)

What Is A VTEC Engine And How Does It Work? / 2004 Honda Accord Vs Honda Accord I Vtec / Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Civic 2006 I-vtec by stanislaus67(m): 7:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
I want to buy one. Does it have fuel economy?
Re: Honda Civic 2006 I-vtec by ironheart(m): 8:49am On Apr 01, 2017
stanislaus67:
I want to buy one. Does it have fuel economy?
no it does not have fuel economy, but the car has a fuel efficient engine.

5 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2006 I-vtec by Shorbeeb: 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2017
I have 08 civic , great fuel economy in excellent condition for 1.5m. Manual transmission. i-vtec

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2006 I-vtec by lonelydora: 2:45pm On Apr 01, 2017
2006/7 Honda civic is very efficient when it comes to fuel efficiency. To be honest, 15 litres will take you from Kaduna to Lokoja. For the doubting Thomas' I tried it thrice.

My only dislike is just that, @140km/hr, it looks as if the car will loose balance and fly away, so I don't exceed 120km/hr.

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2006 I-vtec by stanislaus67(m): 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2020
Honda civic is a great car. I drive the 2006 model (manual transmission). But I must warn u! Avoid quack mechanics! Always use computer to diagnose problems that has to do with the engine. I took my car to a mechanic to rectify a certain problem and left for work. When I came back later in the day, the problem had multiplied. The idling became unstable (ie the rpm was fluctuating between 1000 and 3000 in steady rhythm when idling) I equally discovered that the fuel economy had reduced by more than 30%. I also discovered that whenever my engine gets hot, my kick starter does not move when I try to turn on the engine. Therefore it was either I pushed the car (manual transmission) or wait till the engine get cold. I initially changed the kick starter on the advice of an electrician but the problem persisted.

I put up with this whole problem for complete one year. Occasionally I do clean the injector mouth with carburettor cleaner but NO WAY!

It wasn't until 5 days ago that I took my car to another mechanic based on recommendation that he was a guru when it comes to Honda cars. As usual he told me to come later in the day by 1pm and carry my car. I left and came bck by 1pm as instructed. He told me that he had adjusted the injector mouth and did all sorts of things but the problem persisted. He advised me to go to Mgbuka Obosi in Anambra and buy a direct 'Belgium' of the injector mouth.

I did as instructed. I went to the said mgbuka Obosi, bought the injector mouth (for 16k) and the seller recommended a mechanic there to fix the injector mouth in my car (He also warned that once u adjust the injector mouth of my car model and year then the injector mouth is gone). We bargained 2k workmanship and work started. Less than 30mins later the new injector mouth was already in place. I turned on my engine and to my greatest dismay, the problem persisted. The mechanic told me he could fix the rpm fluctuating problem but I will have to give him a whopping 30k. I mean THIRTY THOUSAND NAIRA. I nearly cried. I angrily drove my car home. The next day, I told my mechanic my ordeal. He advised me to call computer guy to check my engine for proper diagnosis. I paid 3k only and the guy came and reprogrammed my car and like a miracle all the problem was resolved. The rpm no longer fluctuates and in fact no longer exceeds 800 when the engine is idling. The ignition problem gone.

Mechanic are major reasons why a nice model of a car is seen in a bad light simply because majority of the available mechanic do not understand the engineering of the car.

I am currently rocking my Honda Civic. No pulling of ball joint associated with some year of Honda Accord and Honda Comfortable and Runabout Vehicle (aka Honda CR-V)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Civic 2006 I-vtec by weyreypey: 11:55pm On Oct 21, 2020
stanislaus67:
Honda civic is a great car. I drive the 2006 model (manual transmission). But I must warn u! Avoid quack mechanics! Always use computer to diagnose problems that has to do with the engine. I took my car to a mechanic to rectify a certain problem and left for work. When I came back later in the day, the problem had multiplied. The idling became unstable (ie the rpm was fluctuating between 1000 and 3000 in steady rhythm when idling) I equally discovered that the fuel economy had reduced by more than 30%. I also discovered that whenever my engine gets hot, my kick starter does not move when I try to turn on the engine. Therefore it was either I pushed the car (manual transmission) or wait till the engine get cold. I initially changed the kick starter on the advice of an electrician but the problem persisted.

I put up with this whole problem for complete one year. Occasionally I do clean the injector mouth with carburettor cleaner but NO WAY!

It wasn't until 5 days ago that I took my car to another mechanic based on recommendation that he was a guru when it comes to Honda cars. As usual he told me to come later in the day by 1pm and carry my car. I left and came bck by 1pm as instructed. He told me that he had adjusted the injector mouth and did all sorts of things but the problem persisted. He advised me to go to Mgbuka Obosi in Anambra and buy a direct 'Belgium' of the injector mouth.

I did as instructed. I went to the said mgbuka Obosi, bought the injector mouth (for 16k) and the seller recommended a mechanic there to fix the injector mouth in my car (He also warned that once u adjust the injector mouth of my car model and year then the injector mouth is gone). We bargained 2k workmanship and work started. Less than 30mins later the new injector mouth was already in place. I turned on my engine and to my greatest dismay, the problem persisted. The mechanic told me he could fix the rpm fluctuating problem but I will have to give him a whopping 30k. I mean THIRTY THOUSAND NAIRA. I nearly cried. I angrily drove my car home. The next day, I told my mechanic my ordeal. He advised me to call computer guy to check my engine for proper diagnosis. I paid 3k only and the guy came and reprogrammed my car and like a miracle all the problem was resolved. The rpm no longer fluctuates and in fact no longer exceeds 800 when the engine is idling. The ignition problem gone.

Mechanic are major reasons why a nice model of a car is seen in a bad light simply because majority of the available mechanic do not understand the engineering of the car.

I am currently rocking my Honda Civic. No pulling of ball joint associated with some year of Honda Accord and Honda Comfortable and Runabout Vehicle (aka Honda CR-V)
But it has a very low ground clearance
Re: Honda Civic 2006 I-vtec by dicksonadams(m): 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2020
And can be manage by using an higher profile tyres and also by driving carefully on bumps and potholes grin
Re: Honda Civic 2006 I-vtec by Niyiadeautos: 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2021
stanislaus67:

Lol..what the diagnosis man did was simply a throttle body relearn. What you've been referring to as the "injector mouth" is simply the throttle body. The relearn can be done with a good and high end scanner. That is why people need to visit qualified technicians to fix their cars for them. Congratulations on the solution to the car. #cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Honda Civic 2006 I-vtec by geni340(f): 5:40pm On Jan 05, 2021
Niyiadeautos:

Lol..what the diagnosis man did was simply a throttle body relearn. What you've been referring to as the "injector mouth" is simply the throttle body. The relearn can be done with a good and high end scanner. That is why people need to visit qualified technicians to fix their cars for them. Congratulations on the solution to the car. #cheers!
@niyiadeautos, please how much does a throttle relearn cost? A friend said they charged him 52k for his Infiniti FX35 in lekki. But I drive a Toyota Fortuner. Thanks
Re: Honda Civic 2006 I-vtec by weyreypey: 4:16pm On Jan 15, 2021
geni340:

@niyiadeautos, please how much does a throttle relearn cost? A friend said they charged him 52k for his Infiniti FX35 in lekki. But I drive a Toyota Fortuner. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZJfWQLGUZI
It's free here

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Ew12 Engine For Peugeot 407 / Wharf Rats / Coin Rover - Too Much Money! Check Out This Range Rover Covered In Coins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.