Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 (5378 Views)

A Choice Between Toyota Camry 2001 And Honda Civic 2006 - 2008 / What Y'all Think About The Toyota Avalon 2006-2008 / Between Nigeria Used Volvo Xc90 2004 And Honda Civic 2006 Which Is A Better Buy (2) (3) (4)

Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by inas911(m): 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2019
A friend of my mine seeked for my advice as he intends to buy his first car. I use Nissan so I know nothing about Honda Civic to advice him about. His budget is 850k. What is the difference between this civics 06 to 08. So I can advice him on which is the best for him.

I need advice from people who use Civics please.

Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by captainking(m): 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2019
inas911:
A friend of my mine seeked for my advice as he intends to buy his first car. I use Nissan so I know nothing about Honda Civic to advice him about. His budget is 850k. What is the difference between this civics 06 to 08. So I can advice him on which is the best for him.

The first pics is American.. While the second pics is Asian model...
Nurey can explain more on this..

Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by nurey(m): 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2019
inas911:

Top is North America should be imported as tokunbo in Nigeria so ask for custom duties

Second is Asian Pacific should majorly come into the country as brand-new units should have dealer certificate stating custom exercise was paid.

both are ok but the second is more common in Nigeria

Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by luvinhubby(m): 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2019
The second, American spec, is the better option because the body parts are cheaper and more available.

Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:18pm On Jul 07, 2019
Get the American spec. Even if you cant get parts in Nigeria it's always easy to import from the USA. Never buy an European or Japanese spec car here as getting parts for it will be a problem.

Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by nurey(m): 10:46pm On Jul 07, 2019
tensazangetsu20:
Get the American spec. Even if you cant get parts in Nigeria it's always easy to import from the USA. Never buy an European or Japanese spec car here as getting parts for it will be a problem.

You must be kidding right?

The Civic Asia has parts available

The Corolla bank type is a Japanese market variant and parts are bound in the market

Nissan sunny is Europe version and parts aren't scarce

Toyota avensis is purely European car and nobody has complained of not seeing parts

Nissan primera, Micra are European cars and parts Boku

Toyota Hiace and Hilux weren't available in US and parts are available in Nigeria.

But jeep liberty, Hummer H2, Dodge, Cadillac are all US vehicles and parts aren't available in the market. This is to say your ascertion is wrong

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by weyreypey: 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2019
nurey:

The Corolla bank type is a Japanese market variant and parts are bound in the market

Toyota avensis is purely European car and nobody has complained of not seeing parts

Toyota Hiace and Hilux weren't available in US and parts are available in Nigeria.

But jeep liberty, Hummer H2, Dodge, Cadillac are all US vehicles and parts aren't available in the market. This is to say your ascertion is wrong
Radautoworks will not stock parts
Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by nurey(m): 11:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
weyreypey:

Radautoworks will not stock parts

There have always been European vehicles in Nigeria before madam rad came, so next excuse.

Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by weyreypey: 11:15pm On Jul 07, 2019
nurey:

There have always been European vehicles in Nigeria before madam rad came, so next excuse.
Not antagonising you....but supporting your points about the American cars....lots of them are abandoned across the country
Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by baaliyah(m): 12:58am On Jul 08, 2019
luvinhubby:
The second, American spec, is the better option because the body parts are cheaper and more available.

Pls which of the two is American
Picture 1 or 2
Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:32am On Jul 08, 2019
nurey:

You misunderstand me. When I refer to American specifications, I am not talking of American made cars I am talking of American specifications of those car models listed. Even if there's an issue where you can't get a car's part here in Nigeria its always easy to import if the car is an American spec car compared to if it's European or Japanese. Besides most of the parts sold in the Nigerian market are scrap and 99 percent of the time do not work.
Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by thebigkendo(m): 6:39am On Jul 08, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

You misunderstand me. When I refer to American specifications, I am not talking of American made cars I am talking of American specifications of those car models listed. Even if there's an issue where you can't get a car's part here in Nigeria its always easy to import if the car is an American spec car compared to if it's European or Japanese. Besides most of the parts sold in the Nigerian market are scrap and 99 percent of the time do not work.

Big fat lie

Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by thebigkendo(m): 6:41am On Jul 08, 2019
baaliyah:

Pls which of the two is American
Picture 1 or 2

Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by nurey(m): 6:45am On Jul 08, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

If no be say I like Ichigo I for send 10,000 Hollows come your house for spiritual beating.

have your heard the word "The world is a global village" Manufacturers have dropped the habit of "one off vehicle" and embraced "platform sharing" so several different cars share same platform only about 30% parts differentiate them (body panels, front and rear lights)
Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:50am On Jul 08, 2019
nurey:

If no be say I like Ichigo I for send 10,000 Hollows come your house for spiritual beating.

have your heard the word "The world is a global village" Manufacturers have dropped the habit of "one off vehicle" and embraced "platform sharing" so several different cars share same platform only about 30% parts differentiate them (body panels, front and rear lights)

Yeah but the little details are most times changed in the engines and in important electronic modules. I had a client with a German made BMW F10 it's a 523i and I have been looking for some parts brand new (I don't want the scraps sold here) and it's been hell. He was lucky some of the sensors we needed the part numbers matches the American 528i but the other items we couldn't get. I also worked on a Japanese spec Honda accord a few weeks back and I couldn't get the brainbox anywhere. The American brainbox would start the car alright but the engine isn't running right. I notice most of the cars sold at the dealership though are directly from their countries of manufacture. For example a BMW sold at coscharis would be made in Germany likewise a mercedes sold at weststar. The issue isn't with body parts. It's with engines and other important components like electronic modules.
Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by nurey(m): 6:56am On Jul 08, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah but the little details are most times changed in the engines and in important electronic modules. I had a client with a German made BMW F10 it's a 523i and I have been looking for some parts brand new (I don't want the scraps sold here) and it's been hell. He was lucky some of the sensors we needed the part numbers matches the American 528i but the other items we couldn't get. I also worked on a Japanese spec Honda accord a few weeks back and I couldn't get the brainbox anywhere. The American brainbox would start the car alright but the engine isn't running right. I notice most of the cars sold at the dealership though are directly from their countries of manufacture. For example a BMW sold at coscharis would be made in Germany likewise a mercedes sold at weststar. The issue isn't with body parts. It's with engines and other important components like electronic modules.

I understand you now the mistake you made was generalising the issue.
People are bound to have parts issues depending on cars bought. Cars that aren't popular in Nigeria you will find issues with sourcing some particular replacement part in the local market. It cuts across every brand e.g European Corolla 1.4L engine, Honda jazz, Infiniti Skyline (Japanese Homebrew G35) etc
Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:59am On Jul 08, 2019
nurey:

I understand you now the mistake you made was generalising the issue.
People are bound to have parts issues depending on cars bought. Cars that aren't popular in Nigeria you will find issues with sourcing some particular replacement part in the local market. It cuts across every brand e.g European Corolla 1.4L engine, Honda jazz, Infiniti Skyline (Japanese Homebrew G35) etc

Yeah but if the part issue is with an American specification car it's always easy to import but it's extremely difficult getting this same parts if the car was Japanese or European spec.
Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by inas911(m): 9:49pm On Jul 12, 2019
luvinhubby:

The 2nd, American spec?
Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by inas911(m): 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2019
tensazangetsu20:
Get the American spec. Even if you cant get parts in Nigeria it's always easy to import from the USA..

Ha! Ba!! Bro.. I don't buy this your idea ooo. Importing every part that gets spoilt.
Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2019
inas911:

Ha! Ba!! Bro.. I don't buy this your idea ooo. Importing every part that gets spoilt.
Get the Japanese then and you won't even get an engine or a brainbox to buy or import should things go south undecided
Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by captainking(m): 11:07am On Jul 14, 2019
Interesting topic.. And this is a car I have in mind..

Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by inas911(m): 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2019
Is it true that the Japanese part of the Civic are not readily available ?
Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by drasob: 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2019
Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by Knox123(m): 9:37pm On Jul 16, 2019
Following...

The arguments here must have left the OP confused lipsrsealed

Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by inas911(m): 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2019
Knox123:
Following...

The arguments here must have left the OP confused lipsrsealed

Bros how you know!! Advice wey i ask for i not get... Na so so Argument i dey read up since grin grin. Guys please i still need your advice please please!!
Re: Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008 by Knox123(m): 7:03am On Jul 21, 2019
inas911:

Bros how you know!! Advice wey i ask for i not get... Na so so Argument i dey read up since grin grin. Guys please i still need your advice please please!!

Bro... I read everything up there I no see the answer to ur advice na em make I say so..

What I know is that the first civic (pic) is more common in Nigeria. I don't know if the parts are readily available in Nigeria and if it also have the normal bal joint problem. But I know about the fuel economy.

Toyota Solara 2000 Vs Toyota Camry 2000 / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! / Intel Partners With Warner Bros To Bring Entertainment To Self-Driving Cars

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55