Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,312 members, 7,842,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (1430 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? / Download Audio And Lyrics Video: Travis Greene - Made A Way (gospel Music) / Why Is There So Much Hate For Islam ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 31, 2017

6 Likes

Re: . by Donshegxy10(m): 12:56am On Mar 31, 2017
the truth is that most Christians are hypocrites, we are only pretenders in church but something else outside church.
gospel songs without infusion of romantic lyrics or classical songs can't foot your bill here in Nigeria, try organize a album lunch in church and see how much you will sell, so little.
my advice to you as a gospel artist is to have other things doing and take the singing as part time if you can't diversify, like asa, timi dakolo, tope alabi etc the likes of terry g, wizkid, remi aluko and many more were once church choir.
be patient and stay steadfast so you won't deviate from the ways of the lord like most of our great gospel musicians.
good bless you and uplift you.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 31, 2017
Thank you sir
Re: . by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 01, 2017
More comment pls.
Re: . by twosquare(m): 11:12am On Apr 01, 2017
missdivineprove:
More comment pls.
Well, I'm not a fan of the above...but G.music nowadays does not carry spiritual taste as of old...I hear some I just SMH....but when you hear G.music sang in the past today, you will still feel the spiritual taste like old wine...but now....come fast, come go...just like secular songs.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 01, 2017
my dear your questions can be answered with this simple Bible verse
2corinthians 4v4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

personally I ask myself what do I intend to gain from listening to worldly music. the truth is I gain nothing actually. worldly songs are empty and don't help you grow in the spirit, it's only helps you to veer off from God.

And the truth is that most Christians are guilty of listening to worldly music. I pray for God to help us in our walk with him and to open our eyes to see that carnality doesn't pay. amen
Re: . by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 03, 2017
twosquare:
Well, I'm not a fan of the above...but G.music nowadays does not carry spiritual taste as of old...I hear some I just SMH....but when you hear G.music sang in the past today, you will still feel the spiritual taste like old wine...but now....come fast, come go...just like secular songs.
you are right in a Way though.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 03, 2017
Mercie97:
my dear your questions can be answered with this simple Bible verse
2corinthians 4v4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

personally I ask myself what do I intend to gain from listening to worldly music. the truth is I gain nothing actually. worldly songs are empty and don't help you grow in the spirit, it's only helps you to veer off from God.

And the truth is that most Christians are guilty of listening to worldly music. I pray for God to help us in our walk with him and to open our eyes to see that carnality doesn't pay. amen
thanks for the contribution.
Re: . by skeendyke: 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2017
Missdivineprove, a poet once said that if God builds His church and the devil builds his own church so that they are next to each other that the members of the latter would far exceed the members of the former.

People love darkness more than they love the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ because their deeds are evil which is a reason why they prefer worldly music to Gospel music.

Nevertheless, those who love and enjoy Gospel music are more than enough and will always be more than enough to encourage anyone venturing into it either for passion or as a career. God alone makes the difference. Never give up, never give in till you win.

1 Like

Re: . by twosquare(m): 6:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
missdivineprove:
you are right in a Way though.
If you've listened to Chris Delvan's songs before, you will know it is close to that of old even though he rendered it in English. As popular as Sinaj is, I'm not into her songs...I remember a MOG who went to the studio to record, and the producer said he should tone it down that his songs are too spiritual...funny...so, they want what's in vogue...you can't compare the songs of Lakin Ladeebo, Ayewa Adelakun with what we have vow even though they rendered it in indigenous languages...
Re: . by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 03, 2017
skeendyke:
Missdivineprove, a poet once said that if God builds His church and the devil builds his own church so that they are next to each other that the members of the latter would far exceed the members of the former.

People love darkness more than they love the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ because their deeds are evil which is a reason why they prefer worldly music to Gospel music.

Nevertheless, those who love and enjoy Gospel music are more than enough and will always be more than enough to encourage anyone venturing into it either for passion or as a career. God alone makes the difference. Never give up, never give in till you win.
so true. Thank you so much
Re: . by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 03, 2017

1 Like

Re: . by twosquare(m): 10:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
missdivineprove:
lol @too spiritual.
Well, these are some of the challenges we have in gospel music, even in music video Production. Most of the producers, directors are not even Christians. In order to blend the music into what suit their views and opinion, they reduce the original divine flavour of the song. It takes a spirit minded song writer /singer to understand these.

You have a sweet voice...I listened to one of your songs just now. Keep it up and continue in that which you do...the Lord will uplift you in due season.

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 03, 2017
twosquare:
You have a sweet voice...I listened to one of your songs just now. Keep it up and continue in that which you do...the Lord will uplift you in due season.
wao. U listen. Thanks so much

2 Likes

Re: . by JackBizzle: 6:30am On Apr 04, 2017
Gospel music is the most tasteless and annoying genre of music.

Just because it has a message about worshiping god does not mean it is good music. Music is more than a message- there are beats, themes and tempo. Many gospel musicians just focus on the message.

Not everyone is a christian, mind you.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 04, 2017
JackBizzle:
Gospel music is the most tasteless and annoying genre of music.

Just because it has a message about worshiping god does not mean it is good music. Music is more than a message- there are beats, themes and tempo. Many gospel musicians just focus on the message.

Not everyone is a christian, mind you.

hmmmmm.
Re: . by Niflheim(m): 6:30pm On Apr 10, 2017
@op,

The reason why gospel music is frowned at, is because of it's passed antecedents!!! Just check out these gospel albums from the past!!!

PICTURE 1: Encourages us to smoke weed!!!

PICTURE 2: Shows a man with an erect dick!!!

PICTURE 3: Is also encouraging us to get high!!!

PICTURE 4: Is encouraging blow jobs while seated on the piano!!!

PICTURE 4:

Re: . by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 12, 2017
@Niflheim where did you get all these from?
Re: . by sonofthunder: 9:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
missdivineprove:
I don't want to post this, but I felt maybe someone may have something to contribute to enlighten me.
The challenges in gospel music are too many.
Alot of people do not know that we do extra work (voice training, prayers, bible studies, quite time, rehearse, creative way of writing lyrics etc) because we need to be good inorder to make a differences, but so many don't understand. Once its gospel, so many just turn off even when they've not listen.
I just discovered so many don't like gospel music. They prefer music that don't really have meaningful lyrics, non religious , music that's danceable even if you cant hear any lyrics and all that .
The christians are not encouraging as well. Its common once your song Is well produced and its not gospel, you easily have sponsors, supporters, easily get free air play etc.
The church on the other hand Is not helping matter. They don't encourage the up coming artist. They always prefer those who are popular already.
My last experiences in the church wasn't funny at all.
After the service, a man approach me and commended choir ministration which I was the lead vocal. He appreciated my voice, gave me his complementary card. He told me he will assist my music, but to my greatest surprise. He actually wanted me to write romantic lyrics, love song.
According to him '' I sing with deep affection and I 'll be good in that'', it wasn't a temptation at all, because I almost ended up on the street doing club, romantic songs before God saved my life.
I refused anyway.

Now my questions are :
1. why do so many people prefer non gospel music?
2.Why do our Society love music videos with nude, improper way of dressing?
3. Why do we find it difficult getting marketers and sponsors as a gospel artist?
What Is the way forward?
If you are into gospel music, feel free to tell us your challenges as well.
1 men love darkness rather than light.
2. lust, flesh, the love of this present world.
3. lemme skip this
Re: . by sonofthunder: 10:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
Niflheim:
@op,

The reason why gospel music is frowned at, is because of it's passed antecedents!!! Just check out these gospel albums from the past!!!

PICTURE 4:
more garbage...
Re: . by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
sonofthunder:
1 men love darkness rather than light. 2. lust, flesh, the love of this present world. 3. lemme skip this
True
Re: . by DavidOluyale(m): 11:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
I told someone there is gospel music for the church(highly spiritual, worshiping God...). And there is gospel music for the street/world (Correcting wordly view with God's view ).

What moves people of the world primarily isn't the message. It's basically the sound first.

Look at the likes of Lacrea, Jordan Armstrong, Adia, Andy Mineo, Drew Allen, Trip Lee and so on...

They do Gospel songs for the street. They get more accepted eventually and people life change (I'm a testimony) . I lost count of how many times their song set me in a right direction.

So I'd say, know what your gospel calling is and find fulfilment fulfilling purpose.

But if you want to take the street for Christ, you'd have to come off religious sentiments, don't be afraid of being rejected, and produce GREAT sounds not some old acient sound.

Thanks.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 13, 2017
Thanks @davidoluyale. Very informative and inspiring
Re: . by NPComplete: 5:27am On Apr 13, 2017
Niflheim:
@op,

PICTURE 4:

LMAO. This is crazy dude.
I am curious though. Is it that u had all those pictures sitting somewhere on ur device all this while or u just quickly googled them after u read the OP grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by NPComplete: 5:43am On Apr 13, 2017
The truth is that most gospel music is horseshit. Unbelievable and unremarkable horseshit.

A regrettable percentage of gospel artists have no talent and are not intelligent enough to discern it. Most will be better off selling chicken suya instead. They think being religious is a substitute for talent and intelligence so they just go into the studio to sing a song they just composed in 2 hours because maybe the "Holy spirit" just inspired them. Surely they can do all things through Christ that strengthens them, right? I laugh. Clowns

One choir girl just wakes up tomorrow and wants to be a musician because one hor.ny choirmaster told her she has a good voice and that God is using her powerfully in musical ministration. Then she hums to herself in a shower for a few days and, viola, she is inside the studio releasing a song chuck full of bible verses; a song that somehow forgets to weave the bible verses into a sweet melodious tune pleasing to the ears. Instead we get an uncoordinated beat cooked up by a producer whose next meal is coming from the payment he is getting from that same beat.
I can bet that if I listen to ur songs, it is 90% likely to be cringe worthy horseshit. Just horseshit with a lot of bible verses and Deity namedropping.

U don't see the likes of Frank Edwards or Don Moen with ur kind of complaints, right? Because they have talent and produce sensible music with good beats. That's why people love them. So if people don't want to hear ur song, it's most likely horseshit. Go and make better songs. People are not gonna buy just any song for religious reasons. Sorry. They are getting ripped off by pastors weekly. They don't need to be ripped off by gospel musicians too.

By the way, the same complaints u have made have been made by struggling secular artists too. They think talking about hustling hard and churning out music upon music and beats from a mediocre producer is a substitute for talent. It isn't. And not even God will help u if ur music doesn't have a nice ring to it.

Sorry OP, ur music is unacceptable not because this is the last days or men prefer evil to good like some dishonest people argued above. The honest truth is that ur music sucks and people that love it, ur family and friends whose opinions are sure to be less than objective, probably needed a lot more time to get attuned to it. Alas, the greater percentage of ur target demographic isn't that patient.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 13, 2017

6 Likes

Re: . by adelee777: 8:48am On Apr 13, 2017
missdivineprove:
@NPcomplete, thanks. you are correct. Your example is funny though but its true.
My complaint is not about my own music yet, because I am still preparing/rehearsing. The little one I do now are testing work. When am done with my rehearsal, you will love my music.
My post is on general view.

from ur reaction n response to dat guy's writeup, i can discern dat u r a true child of God. Pls keep it up. God bless u.

2 Likes

Re: . by NPComplete: 9:02am On Apr 13, 2017
adelee777:

from ur reaction n response to dat guy's writeup, i can discern dat u r a true child of God. Pls keep it up. God bless u.

Nah. It has nothing to do with being a true child of God by ur definition. It only shows she is a good person with a well cultivated sense of humour and willing to listen to the view of others no matter how harshly put the view is.

God really bless u missdivineprove. If not for anything but for ur sense of humour wink

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 13, 2017
Its alright.
Re: . by Niflheim(m): 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2017
@missdivineprove,

Where did I get the pictures? Google is my friend!!!

@NPComplete,

I was pondering on the question for so long, why do people have so much trouble accepting gospel music? Then at night, as I was about to sleep, I heard the voice of the High Priest "OTEM", and the High Priest said to me............................................."GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!!! GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!!! GOSPEL MUSIC PROMOTES INSANITY, FROM BEGINNING TO END!!!"

So immediately, I did my google search and I saw the pictures!!!

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Humans Think They Are Meant To Live A Life Without An End? / Daily Devotional / Religion Deceives Us All About The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.