Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty (12738 Views)

'Voice Of The Cross' Performs At The Lord's Chosen Crusade In Mgbidi Imo / How To Hear God's Voice And See Visions / I Hear The Voice Of The Trumpet About To Sound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by lightblazingnow(m): 5:39pm On Mar 31, 2017
Have you heard the voice of the lord God Almighty or only the thought of your mind. Many claim they have heard his voice whereas they are referring to their thoughts. " His thoughts are not of mortal men and his ways are higher than men

How then do you hear his voice?

1 His voice isn't something you can hear with your ears, seen with your optical eyes and imagine with your heart. Your heart is the end of your mind.

2 it's only revealed to you by his Spirit which is in you and whom you have no clue about

3 No one knows what a man is thinking except the spirit of that man, the same way, no one knows what the lord God Almighty is thinking except the Holy Spirit

4 Only by the Holy Spirit will you hear his voice.

Admit and welcome the presence of God Almighty in you today......

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2017
What sort of self-contradictory gibberish is this

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by lightblazingnow(m): 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2017
SirWere:
What sort of self-contradictory gibberish is this

Attention seeking, do you have alternative

It doesn't make sense to those ​on their way to destruction

7 Likes

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by lightblazingnow(m): 9:20am On Jul 23, 2017
Amen brother

1 Like

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 23, 2017
Try as hard as you want, you still wont hear him... Just like no matter how hard you pray or how saintly you are you can never make a lame man walk like Jesus did.

3 Likes

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by hopefulLandlord: 9:46am On Jul 23, 2017
Let me tell you about my wife, Rachel.
I first met Rachel five years ago when her friend Emma conferred that she knew of a girl with a major crush on me. She spoke glowingly of Rachel, describing her as the most beautiful, kind, precocious, and driven young woman I could ever have the pleasure to meet. Even better, averred Emma, Rachel fervently desired to meet me and enter into a romantic relationship. Intrigued, and more than a bit flattered, I asked for more information.

Thankfully, Emma produced incontrovertible evidence: A series of written letters composed by Emma's and Rachel's mutual acquaintance, Sarah. In these letters, Sarah waxed eloquent on Rachel's character, promulgating her nigh perfection in every conceivable way. However preposterous it may have seemed, Rachel came to my university for the express purpose of initiating a romantic relationship with me! She loved me before I ever graduated high school, and thus she paid her only begotten college funds to attend my school, so that if I chose to believe in her love, she would be my everlasting wife. And, best of all, she happened to be a virgin...

I confess that I found myself smitten with Rachel almost immediately. Therefore, I inquired with Emma how I might go about initiating the proffered romantic relationship. The answer was ludicrously simple. I merely needed to profess my love for Rachel, ask her to be my wife, and she would comply.
I wed Rachel on that very day.

Life with Rachel simply could not be better. I feel so grateful to call her my wife. She is simply the single greatest person I have ever met, and she makes me a better person every day. Now, while I confessedly have never seen Rachel face to face, I firmly contend that I never feel more alive than when I read Sarah's letters about Rachel, or when Emma and I commune and we both luxuriate in Rachel's irresistible grace. Sometimes Emma and I sing songs in order to marvel at how amazing Rachel is. Sometimes I write letters to Rachel, and though she never replies I know that she listens because Emma assures me that this is the case.

Some people insinuate that their spouses verbally speak with them, and even occasionally participate in coital relations. Frankly, I do not find such accounts compelling. While I see the appeal of a physical relationship, I contend that my marriage is far superior to that of my peers. The transcendent feeling of my love for Rachel supersedes any doubts I may have. Nothing could be more real than our marriage.
End story.

Was that not all a trifle sophomoric?
In the Christian communities I grew up in, everyone invariably described their "relationship" with Jesus in such glowing, saccharine terms. Being young and credulous, I believed them. I heard such wonderful things ascribed to Jesus that I wanted to have a relationship with him, too. I realized much later the endemic flaw.

You see, I have relationships with other people. I have friends. I have family members. As a function of our relationships, here are some mutual activities we engage in:
1. We talk. We speak audibly. We induce oscillations of the vocal cords so as to convey meaning to one another.
2. We hang out. We watch movies, play board/video games, play sports.
3. We touch. We make physical contact. We alternately vie for the same point in a three-dimensional plane, thereby compelling our respective atoms and molecules and constituent particles to repel and produce the sensation of collision.
4. We look at each other. We observe one another with optical sensors. We collect light rays, translating them into nerve impulses that travel into the brain and get inverted so as to produce a useful visual simulacrum of our respective persons.
I could go on, but that would be pedantry.

My "relationship" with Jesus fulfilled precisely none of those criteria. Whatsoever.

He never spoke to me, he never hugged me like my parents did, he never appeared to me. He refused, despite my intrinsic and intense desire to do all of these

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2017
I dont know if such things exist because i have never being a subject to it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by Slai1: 11:02am On Jul 23, 2017
True, the Holy Spirit is the one that would give you His voice.

Other than the spirit's impression in/to you, the Scriptures also contain his voice.

In fact, let me go back to my sermon's notes, my Pastor preached it sometime ago. I will tell you more.

1 Like

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by VictoryTestimony: 11:03am On Jul 23, 2017
Praise the Looooooorrrrdddd!!

God is Great.

1 Like

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by deepwater(f): 11:03am On Jul 23, 2017
kai

2 Likes

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by fait10(m): 11:03am On Jul 23, 2017
Just do fasting and praying for 100days. U will hear his voice
Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by lightblazingnow(m): 11:03am On Jul 23, 2017
Listen carefully to the voice which speak through you....

It's given up hope already which is eternal

Then there is anger and hatred together and next thing you should think is, for what

"Come let us reason together says the LORD CHRIST, come, I know you are without help, and all those who are trying to help you are thieves and robbers, walk in and find a whole meaning for the whole connection"

I love you and I mean it brothers

uzoclinton:
Try as hard as you want, you still wont hear him... Just like no matter how hard you pray or how saintly you are you can never make a lame man walk like Jesus did.

1 Like

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by Holyfield1(m): 11:03am On Jul 23, 2017
Have you physically heard his voice?
If no, Stop hallucinating shocked
Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by fait10(m): 11:04am On Jul 23, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
booked, just in case

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by Holyfield1(m): 11:05am On Jul 23, 2017
[quote author=fait10 post=58744611][/quote]stop displaying your stupidity at all time
Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by kevoh(m): 11:06am On Jul 23, 2017
undecided undecided undecided
Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by duos: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2017
The Holy Bible is the Voice of God today. Please read and keep His Word. 2Tim 3:16, John 6:63

3 Likes

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2017
Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by TANKDESTROYER(m): 11:11am On Jul 23, 2017
Not far from the truth

The voice of God can be heard audibly.. but it is not common

God speaks to us primarily through His word.... revelations from scriptures

God speaks to us through people, friends, family, pastors,books,tapes,Movies, ..e. t. c

God speaks to you as you meditate upon His words..

God speaks to us Through dreams, visions, trance, e. t. c.

How DO I HEAR GOD'S VOICE

a) You must be spiritually minded and sensitive

b) You must be a student of his word

c) humble, teachable, willing.

d) Lover of God. e. t. c

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by lightblazingnow(m): 11:11am On Jul 23, 2017
Grace eternity and those that will see grace will reign in life and peace.

The ignorant men and sinners will be restless because the soul of comfort is taken away from home

Amen....
Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by udenzino(m): 11:13am On Jul 23, 2017
God speaks to us through our heart, depending on your relationship with God. that's why our heart must be kept clean.. He said tell the children of Isreal that am searching for their sinful hearts. God's value our heart more than anything...

1 Like

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by lightblazingnow(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2017
Lord open our hearts and eyes, CHRIST the judge of the living and dead, free our hearts from the hold of darkness. We want to be able to see you and believe oh God Almighty!!!!

Let your light shine and every hidden thing be expose oh God Almighty in the name of Christ Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. Amen

lightblazingnow:
Have you heard the voice of the lord God Almighty or only the thought of your mind. Many claim they have heard his voice whereas they are referring to their thoughts. " His thoughts are not of mortal men and his ways are higher than men

How then do you hear his voice?

1 His voice isn't something you can hear with your ears, seen with your optical eyes and imagine with your heart. Your heart is the end of your mind.

2 it's only revealed to you by his Spirit which is in you and whom you have no clue about

3 No one knows what a man is thinking except the spirit of that man, the same way, no one knows what the lord God Almighty is thinking except the Holy Spirit

4 Only by the Holy Spirit will you hear his voice.

Admit and welcome the presence of God Almighty in you today......

1 Like

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by lightblazingnow(m): 11:19am On Jul 23, 2017
1 Corinthians 6:16 What? know you not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, said the Lord God Almighty, shall be one flesh.

6:17 But the one that is joined unto the LORD CHRIST is one Spirit.

udenzino:
God speaks to us through our heart, depending on your relationship with God. that's why our heart must be kept clean.. He said tell the children of Isreal that am searching for their sinful hearts. God's value our heart more than anything...

1 Like

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by alanka(f): 11:19am On Jul 23, 2017
Listening to God?

It means listening to your heart(not mind) if you know how to listen to your brain and your mind listen to your heart will not be anyway difficult but you know what your corrupt heart cant distinguish to you difference between God's voice and your thought.

If God says, come to home at 12 am with a white car and driver in a white dress you will say who is it? What is it saying, to whom this mesdsge ? I am a driver...what if I don't go.

This is how all started 7 years ago.

Your corrupt heart will condemn you in this last batch.

1 Like

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by lightblazingnow(m): 11:29am On Jul 23, 2017
Ezekiel 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and you shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

36:27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

36:28 And you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and you shall be my people, and I will be your God.

36:29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.

36:30 And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that you shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.

36:31 Then shall you remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

36:32 Not for your sakes do I this things, said the Lord GOD Almighty, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

36:33 Thus says the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.

36:34 And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.

36:35 And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.

36:36 Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD CHRIST build the ruined places, and plant that was desolate: I the LORD CHRIST have spoken it, and I will do it. Amen

You can say that too if you are inspired by the Spirit of holiness and righteousness

alanka:
Listening to God?

It means listening to your heart(not mind) if you know how to listen to your brain and your mind listen to your heart will not be anyway difficult but you know what your corrupt heart cant distinguish to you difference between God's voice and your thought.

If God says, come to home at 12 am with a white car and driver in a white dress you will say who is it? What is it saying, to whom this mesdsge ? I am a driver...what if I don't go.

This is how all started 7 years ago.

Your corrupt heart will condemn you in this last batch.

1 Like

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by Agimor(m): 11:33am On Jul 23, 2017
This write up is subjective.
Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by lightblazingnow(m): 11:58am On Jul 23, 2017
I came for you because I know that you needed me more than others, how do you want me to love dear?

And I will.... I was crucified on the wood to prove my love for you, don't you still believe that I love you very much?

Gaze at my eyes and see my tears, it's rolling down again because you have refused to open your heart

I am still knocking and when you do, it will be a wild party tonight son, I really love you and I have proven it and will do it again for you.... Just for only you

Holyfield1:
stop displaying your stupidity at all time

1 Like

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by dionysus7: 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
lightblazingnow:

If i cannot hear it with my ears and also cannot see him with my eyes, how the f am i supposed to know of it

it's like you guys just abandon reasoning and just go with whatever sh!tstory you cook in your head and expect people to follow suit.

someone called out your contradictory gibberish, you said he is an attention seeker...what now should we call you holy spirit bullsh!t knowhow

1 Like

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by phpfx(m): 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
what is this one saying??

na you talk say Yam na Fruit

na you come still use your mouth talk say Yam no be fruit

undecidedwhat is this one saying??

na you talk say Yam na Fruit

na you come still use your mouth talk say Yam no be fruit

undecided undecided
Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by kgr8mike(m): 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
-
Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by ExInferis(m): 12:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
There are only 2 voices in your head :

Your inner thoughts

And your madness.

Anything that claims to be god in your head is the mad part of you talking.

1 Like

Re: How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty by sonmvayina(m): 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
God is not a MAN......the only way to communicate with God is through an oracle..so except you are a spiritualist or babalawo....every other think you do is a waste of time.....

God convey his message or word to us through symbols and numbers..only those trained in spirituality can interpret them..

The words of God ALWAYS comes out from the mouth of men(babalawo). That is why they always speak in parables...

It is those parables that the Jews has developed into stories..that we call the old testament...

The new testament is just some roman BS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here / 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede / Prophet Nigel Gaisie: A Popular Musician Will Die Before December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.