Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Opinion: Christian Preachers Are Taking Undue Advantage Of The Populace - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion: Christian Preachers Are Taking Undue Advantage Of The Populace (641 Views)

Two Preachers Exchange Words At UNIPORT Junction Over The Abuse Of God’s Word / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It / How Nigerian Churches Are Taking Advantage Of Technology To Make Global Impact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Christian Preachers Are Taking Undue Advantage Of The Populace by mamuzoOMAH(m): 8:40pm On Mar 31, 2017
Will I be termed bad if I say Christian preachers are taking undue advantage of the respect people have for God and his words?

A preacher comes to just beside my window early in the morning like 5am, while I'm still trying to have a complete sleep at least, after a rough previous day. He does this like almost every day. Honestly to me he is taking advantage of the situation. It would sound anti if I challenge him one day and tell him never to come beside my window anymore. I would be seen as evil.

It's exam period, but then like 5 different people comes to preach. They all start with "please give me some few minutes of ur time". It's over 30 mins and he is still preaching. Same thing we hear everyday, same pattern. If I tell him to stop and leave us alone to read, I will be seen as evil and a person against the gospel. The preacher is taking undue advantage of the situation.

Travelling in a journey of like 2 hours, the preacher doesn't consider ur psychological state of mind. He just begin preaching. He ask for a few minutes which roles into more and more minutes. U can't tell him to keep shut and let the journey be in peace. U will be seen as a demon who was sent to cause accident in the bus. The preacher is taking undue advantage of the situation.

Then I ask myself the question, what if other religious group begin to do same. How would these people accommodate it?

The great commission says we should go into the world and preach the gospel, baptising the converts in the name of the father, the son and the Holy Spirit. But this doesn't give us the right to constitute nuisance and take undue advantage of people. Even with all these the world is straying even wider. Don't you think it would be better another strategy been drawn?
The most important and effective way in converting a soul is still the one on one approach. Make friend with the person, care for the person, be there for the person, live a life worth following. A Christlike life. Show love to that person, trust me, it would be much more effective this way. Rather than taking undue advantage of the fact that, it will be termed evil and persecution if you are told to shut up when next you come out to preach in places not conducive at that particular time.

Ps: sorry for the long post.

cc lalasticlala, seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Christian Preachers Are Taking Undue Advantage Of The Populace by chukwusi(m): 9:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
Deeper life campus fellowship Abraka.. your noise is too much. After a stressful day coupled with the issue of mosquito you guys will not allow me to rest. pls if u know them help me to beg them.
Re: Opinion: Christian Preachers Are Taking Undue Advantage Of The Populace by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Opinion: Christian Preachers Are Taking Undue Advantage Of The Populace by eternalcity(m): 11:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
That's totally wrong. That's not Christianity and cannot be referred to as Christianity.

It is important we get knowledge. That's why we have the Word of God and The Holy Spirit to teach us the truth. We live in a time and age where so many people are doing things in extreme manners in the name of Christ and are by so doing, soiling the name of The Lord.

I apologize on behalf of that Preacher for giving This Faith a bad name. Everyman has right to sleep in peace. And if my worshipping God offends another man(and I am the one at fault for stepping out of line) then, I am wrong.

Finally, don't make a doctrine out of an event. Don't generalise Christianity by the actions of a few followers.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Christian Preachers Are Taking Undue Advantage Of The Populace by zionmade(m): 11:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
Am a full blooded Christian and am not comfortable with these things sha. Its not good disturbing people's in d morning but for dat of buses and classes am not really against it as long as it is not a test or an exam period
Re: Opinion: Christian Preachers Are Taking Undue Advantage Of The Populace by MakeADifference: 5:56am On Apr 01, 2017
Am with you in the apologies but it seems God is really reaching out to OP. I haven't had ANY of his experiences in ages and am not in Zamfara smiley

eternalcity:
That's totally wrong. That's not Christianity and cannot be referred to as Christianity.

It is important we get knowledge. That's why we have the Word of God and The Holy Spirit to teach us the truth. We live in a time and age where so many people are doing things in extreme manners in the name of Christ and are by so doing, soiling the name of The Lord.

I apologize on behalf of that Preacher for giving This Faith a bad name. Everyman has right to sleep in peace. And if my worshipping God offends another man(and I am the one at fault for stepping out of line) then, I am wrong.

Finally, don't make a doctrine out of an event. Don't generalise Christianity by the actions of a few followers.
Re: Opinion: Christian Preachers Are Taking Undue Advantage Of The Populace by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 01, 2017
I always wondered if an Alfa/Imam, preaches the way Christians do, from door to door, early mornings, in buses, how would christians feel about that?
Re: Opinion: Christian Preachers Are Taking Undue Advantage Of The Populace by mamuzoOMAH(m): 12:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
Joavid:
I always wondered if an Alfa/Imam, preaches the way Christians do, from door to door, early mornings, in buses, how would christians feel about that?
same question I've been asking

(1) (Reply)

Salvation Ministries Constructs Major Road In Port Harcourt / The Midnight Duel / House On The Rock Church Abuja, By The City Gate Is On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.