Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Journey To Noway - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Journey To Noway (342 Views)

The Journey To A Thousand Flash / The Journey To Gilleon By Palmer Emmanuel / Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Journey To Noway by amiable9ke(m): 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
JOURNEY TO NOWAY By: @amiable9ke

Surely, there was a beginning. The present tells me so. No movement without cause Knowledge ma'e me know. Beautiful, I guess; Echoes of nostalgia, crack our ribs.

The day, very old, Bore us a fierce night, A rehearsal for Armageddon, mayhap. Many got freaked out Like a train that lost its rail.

Yet, we pressed on Like a mad man chasing nothing. With a dim future ahead, We struggle still. Not minding the path. It's like a road not too taken, Rough as the path of Nebuchadnezzar.

The rail track barren and rotten, The road locked up like dred. Our hungry warders lean to their post With one eye closed to traffic jam The other open in search for Ogas. "Anything for the boys" they ask.

Emergency vehicles no longer in motion Allowing Death to snatch from mother's arm. Desperate nights rob our sweat. The chorus of bereavement hurts my ears. Corporate beggers file our street. Many who were once boss.

Each day, from the society, Evolve thousands of theories, One important for this: the end justifies the means. But the means begat the end. The failed institution, I mourned The young, I pity For the society that compelled our path, Failed to light it.

The desolate night I join in prayer, Telling the most high to wake the sleeping moon. It's her turn to resume duty, that we may see through the night. Our journey since independence, Is to Noway,

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Academic Writers are Needed / Tales From Treeland series - A New Sun / Project Writers Nigeria Provides Topics & Custom Writing Services For Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.