Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain (7337 Views)

The Nigerian Revolution And The Biafran War By Alexander A. Madiebo-pdf Download / The Journey To A Thousand Flash / The Outcast By Alexander Busybrain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Alexbrain(m): 5:14am On Dec 26, 2017
HEREAFTER
A journey to the other side!!!

All Rights Reserved
Alexander BusyBrain

If you have not read my first story "THE OUTCAST" please do check it out

https://www.nairaland.com/4210061/outcast-alexander-busybrain

EPISODE 1

Before the white-man came to tell us of Heaven – a place of complete bliss, delight and peace; where all who lived a righteous life according to their holy book would reside for eternity or Hell – a complete opposite of heaven, an abode of Satan and forces of evil; where those who didn’t live according to the bible, otherwise known as sinners will spend eternity suffering an immeasurable pain and anguish with no redemption and of course Purgatory – the one in-between, we Igbos had our own belief of what happens in the afterlife. We believed that after death to this physical world, the spirit of the individual lives on and cross the river of death to a different realm concealed from our physical eyes waiting to be reborn to earth to face judgment. If the individual was considered good or having a good-soul; that is, he lived according to our belief and customs, he would reincarnate into a man or woman of good fortune, favored by the gods. This was regarded as his or her reward for living a good previous life. But if this individual was considered evil or having an evil-soul, he would reincarnate as a plant, an animal, a cripple, blind, deaf or dumb; depending on the punishment that he or she deserved. In extreme cases the soul can reincarnate as a twin or a child who grows an upper tooth before the lower; which in both cases would be thrown into the evil forest and left for death.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Alexbrain(m): 5:26am On Dec 26, 2017
My bosses another story is here

Cc girlhaley creeza obinnau jagugu88li Lleigh xamster Remiseyi supizino ashatoda oma4u divepen1 Dr noel cherrybrown fiyah Ritababe Hfinest Evatryst purityval snakie86 seun oyinprince Austinblinks mainland mhiz dominique buzzboy skarlett cheeybrown iykekelvins bummybummy osaremnwienda cuddlemii lawlahdeh bibijah123 soleski01 Adesina12 Nastynic horlorlardey Swann Angelinastto empress101 Nmaglit abdulgafar4life moyakz Donswatter ojun50 zickyshey mikuz bartwale rachealfst psalmorado05 Nder abefe99 Tgirl085 luckymay aminoacid01 xamilola ice4jez flistyl yemike temtopy drjaymill pcicero labakej labellefille moonnstar mzdeee kenecaleb sixthmars
TheBlessedMAN Rashforrd Damibiz
Marvin902 ADECULATE Hollakizo Rashman578
Gucciqueen38 baski92 ftosino YoungestD Angelinasto YungTemy Olatex25 Dtobs rachelfst Babsopey lawal1470 hormobolanle lankyanni girlhaley missmossy olatex25 spinxytinxy skillful01 Divepen, Oyinprince, Preetiex, Frankline461, Angelsss, Bimberry1307, Cbella, Joislim, TemmyT123, Hantonia, Queenitee, Larrysun, Shewrites, Marianneada, PamelB, Bibi94, Fiyah, Souloho19, Ghostwriter, Kimberlywest, Evajael, Kayo80, itsandi xaviercasmir, tijehi, FortunateB, Chigold121, badohemmy, chrisbaby24, ladySuperb , tusinsola , smizel , sexy377 , MrCork , SleekFloyd , missmossy , Lolsd , kejibabe , babyface224 ,
zoey4 , heemah , ucheclub , jaytoy , HENSEXIE , Pureheart91 , KingTom , Nmaglit , oluangelkay , stardomberry , tonye72 , girlhaley , mofy1 , rachealfst and others
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 26, 2017
Thanks for the mention, Alex. Following
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by xaviercasmir(m): 8:26am On Dec 26, 2017
Thanks for the mention bro. Already seated.
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Alexbrain(m): 7:05am On Dec 27, 2017
EPISODE 2

The compound was graveyard quiet as the people watched Ndubisi struggle for his last breath and failed to get it. Okemmiri went closer, touched some vital parts of his body and confirmed him as dead as a door nail. The people shouted in joy and celebrated; the evil one is gone to be with his ancestors.
Amidst the jubilating crowd was Obinwa. He wasn’t sharing in the exultation; he had a different opinion of the man. He saw him in a different light, from another angle unlike the rest. He turned to Akidi who was standing next to him shouting in joy and asked “Why are you jubilating?”
Akidi turned, looked at him in unbelief “Really? Is it not obvious why everyone is happy?”
“I know why everyone is celebrating. But I’m particular about you, why are you happy?”
After a deep breath, now stroking his goatee rakishly, reluctantly he responded “Well, it seems you have been slumbering; let me bring you up to speed” he paused, then adjusted his wrapper in style before continuing “The special one who appeared from nowhere and was made king has turned out to be the rat eating the yams from the other side of the barn. Today, that cunning rat has been fished out, publicly disgraced, made to confess and then put to death”
“You sycophant, so this is how you saw Ndubisi?” Obinwa interrupted.
“How did you think I saw him before?” he asked looking confused.

1 Like

Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Alexbrain(m): 7:27am On Dec 27, 2017
My bosses update is here
Cc girlhaley creeza obinnau jagugu88li Lleigh xamster Remiseyi supizino ashatoda oma4u divepen1 Dr noel cherrybrown fiyah Ritababe Hfinest Evatryst purityval snakie86 seun oyinprince Austinblinks mainland mhiz dominique buzzboy skarlett cheeybrown iykekelvins bummybummy osaremnwienda cuddlemii lawlahdeh bibijah123 soleski01 Adesina12 Nastynic horlorlardey Swann Angelinastto empress101 Nmaglit abdulgafar4life moyakz Donswatter ojun50 zickyshey mikuz bartwale rachealfst psalmorado05 Nder abefe99 Tgirl085 luckymay aminoacid01 xamilola ice4jez flistyl yemike temtopy drjaymill pcicero labakej labellefille moonnstar mzdeee kenecaleb sixthmars
Gucciqueen38 baski92 ftosino YoungestD Angelinasto YungTemy Olatex25 Dtobs rachelfst Babsopey lawal1470 hormobolanle lankyanni girlhaley missmossy olatex25 spinxytinxy skillful01 Divepen, Oyinprince, Preetiex, Frankline461, Angelsss, Bimberry1307, Cbella, Joislim, TemmyT123, Hantonia, Queenitee, Larrysun, Shewrites, Marianneada, PamelB, Bibi94, Fiyah, Souloho19, Ghostwriter, Kimberlywest, Evajael, Kayo80, itsandi xaviercasmir, tijehi, FortunateB, Chigold121, badohemmy, chrisbaby24, ladySuperb , tusinsola , smizel , sexy377 , MrCork , SleekFloyd , missmossy , Lolsd , kejibabe , babyface224 ,
zoey4 , heemah , ucheclub , jaytoy , HENSEXIE , Pureheart91 , KingTom , Nmaglit , oluangelkay , stardomberry , tonye72 , girlhaley , mofy1 , rachealfst and others

2 Likes

Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by marvin902(m): 10:46am On Dec 27, 2017
present sir..
i heard my name..
i came with popcorn and harp grin grin
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Alexbrain(m): 11:16am On Dec 27, 2017
marvin902:
present sir.. i heard my name.. i came with popcorn and harp grin grin
LOL, I greet u oh
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 27, 2017
Come and continue oo
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Alexbrain(m): 8:18am On Dec 28, 2017
EPISODE 3

“Oh! Because he is no more, he is no longer your best friend, mentor, teacher and all the rest you used to call him. That young-man loved you more than any other worker in this farm. I remember how well you spoke of him and him of you in return. I can still recall countless time she rewarded you both verbally and with gifts for your hard work. He was good to everyone, never for once scolded or lambasted anyone even when offended. He helped me on innumerable occasions with money for my wife and children. He brought joy to the lives of many here, especially that of Ego. How quickly they have turned against him because of his past” he said nodding in sympathy.
“Wait oh, please don’t tell me you still see him in good light? I know he was my best friend, mentor and all the rest but that was before all these played out. How can you murder a woman’s husband in cold blood, then save her life, only to rape her like that wasn’t enough; you returned to be her prince charming, gave her what she needed most, bringing her so much joy and once again reap out her source of happiness and wealth. How can you call such a person good?”
“People change Akidi; they do!” Obinwa assured him.
“No, they don’t. Stop thinking and acting like your name implies. A one time a killer will remain one” Akidi fired back.
“Remember we all have darkness and monsters inside but our ability to tend and control it is what distinguishes us from the so called killers. It is not like life presented the young man with lots of option; and what makes you think you would have acted differently if you where in his place?”
“Well, thanks to the gods, I’m not in that evil place and will never be. Please if you don’t mind I have a celebration to return back to”

1 Like

Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Alexbrain(m): 9:23am On Dec 28, 2017
My bosses update is here
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Nobody: 6:16am On Dec 29, 2017
Nice update Alex
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Alexbrain(m): 6:58am On Dec 29, 2017
Gucciqueen38:
Nice update Alex
Thanks, Nwanyi oma
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Alexbrain(m): 7:00am On Dec 29, 2017
EPISODE 4

Bit by bit, people began leaving the compound; the show had ended with the death of the villain. Not far from where the both farmers were arguing sat Ego; she had stopped crying but was heartsick and grief-stricken. Only she and Obinwa seem to be sharing a cloudy mood. The new reality has hit her harder than she thought; Ndubisi is gone and is never returning. There is no way she is seeing him alive again. The walls of anger over her heart were all melting away. Deep down, she now wishes somehow he would cheat death and return. Why are the gods treating her this way? She thought it was time for her to enjoy all that she had acquired; why do they keep putting people destined to die on her path? What is she going to tell her children when they ask of their father? Why does she feel cursed more than blessed? Now that Ndubisi is gone, who is going to help her with all that he was doing? Who is going to make her feel like a woman once more?
Ego was pulled out of her thought by a panic cry from one of her maids; who shouted “He is alive oh! Ndubisi is alive! He came back from the land of the dead!” Shocked, surprise and excited; Ego hurried to where he previously lay dead to meet Ndubisi sitting upright, looking around like someone new to the environment. She couldn’t believe her eyes, he is really back, Ndu is alive once more. How is that even possible? She was about to touch just to be certain she wasn’t seeing things when she heard from behind “Don’t touch him till we are certain what just happened. This man is dead and is suppose to remain that way.This has never happened; no one guilty has drank from the calabash lived to tell the tale. Why is your case different? Did you stage what just happened too?” he asked Ndubisi who was gently rubbing his left eyes and as such didn’t reply the dibia.

1 Like

Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Chigold121(f): 8:03am On Dec 29, 2017
Thanks for the mention and I am enjoying every bit of it already. Weldone
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Alexbrain(m): 8:53am On Dec 29, 2017
Chigold121:
Thanks for the mention and I am enjoying every bit of it already. Weldone
Thanks for reading!!
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Alexbrain(m): 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2017
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by xaviercasmir(m): 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2017
Alexbrain:
i have been here since. Just the spirit of ghost reading is in me. Ride on bro.
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by EvaJael(f): 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2017
Alexbrain:

Sowi for coming late. Who should I sit with sef?

1 Like

Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by girlhaley(f): 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2017
Yaay!
Front seat....where's this pop corn seller biko

Carry Go Alex
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by heemah(f): 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2017
This is going to be interesting...
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Alexbrain(m): 3:34am On Dec 30, 2017
EPISODE 5

“Bia, I’m talking to you young man!”Okemmiri yelled.
“I don’t know what you are talking about. I didn’t stage anything” he responded still not focused.
“Then how is it possible you are still in the land of the living?”
“I have been offered a second chance at life by the gods”
“How do you mean offered a second chance at life? Why would a person like you be offered that?” Okemmiri inquired now running out of patience.
“It is clear to me I don’t deserve to be here; I’m the least person that merits a second shot at life but here we are. What do you want me to do?”
“Well, you can start by telling us how you cheated death?” Okemmiri asked impolitely.
After a deep breath Ndubisi began narrating his romance with death. “After I drank from the calabash, I lost control of my body and something took over; like I was possessed by a spirit. I felt my mouth moving, making speeches but can’t remember a single word I said. Moments after, I began having various waves of unspeakable measures of pain in my stomach. It felt like someone was pulling my intestines and when I couldn’t take the hurting no more I fell sideways hitting my head against the cold ground while a warm substance streamed out my open mouth. I began sinking into unconsciousness, feeling very cold, relaxed, no need to struggle any further for air, no cause for alarm, no pain of any kind, totally at peace. Everything grew dark around the edges until there was only blackness.

1 Like

Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by fajob: 7:24am On Dec 30, 2017
ok
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Alexbrain(m): 7:45am On Dec 30, 2017
EPISODE 6

Then I felt something coming right out of my body like someone slowly pulling a plant out of the wet earth till I was out of myself, feeling weightless, floating in vertical position with my arms outstretched and my head resting on my left shoulder in the air like a feather been toss by a soft wind. Most of my senses were now hundred times better; I could see everyone and hear everything. It was like been born to a brand new world, not like an infant but as a knowledgeable, and understanding being. I looked down at myself and immediately knew I was dead. I looked around to discover that I was not being mourned by anyone instead my death was celebrated. I felt pained. I went over to Ego, wanting to alert her and apologize for all the wrong I had caused her but my hands past through her like I was merely a shadow or the reflection of sun light. Baffled, I took a look at my palm, it was translucent; I could dimly see through it. I screamed her name but she also couldn’t hear me.
Pulled by a strange force, I found myself in a small boat with a strange ferryman in front. I couldn’t see his face; he never turned back or said anything. The boat was moving gently as the ferryman was paddling gracefully. The river stretched to as far as the eyes can see on all sides; no trees or plants besides or beneath it. It had no life in it, no insects or birds flying or singing, no fishes or any other form of life beneath. It was really quiet and eerie. There seem to be no current or breeze blowing as I felt none. It was obvious I was crossing over to the land of the dead but I seemed not to be bothered by it. It felt like returning home to my family after a long journey.

1 Like

Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by ZTEN(m): 7:55am On Dec 30, 2017
just got up from bed, yeppp found my sit number..... I dey here now. carry on
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Jasmine4(f): 8:03am On Dec 30, 2017
Oga dimi ooo....comman update
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by badohemmy(m): 8:09am On Dec 30, 2017
Alexbrain:
Cc girlhaley lankyanni girlhaley missmossy olatex25 spinxytinxy skillful01 Divepen, Oyinprince, Preetiex, Frankline461, Angelsss, Bimberry1307, Cbella, Joislim, TemmyT123, Hantonia, Queenitee, Larrysun, Shewrites, Marianneada, PamelB, Bibi94, Fiyah, Souloho19, Ghostwriter, Kimberlywest, Evajael, Kayo80, itsandi xaviercasmir, tijehi, FortunateB, Chigold121, badohemmy,

Thanks for the mention, although I didn't get it. Am here anyway. Please shift Queenitee let me sit beside Hantonia.

I've a very chilled Soya milk and popcorn.
Fire on Alexbrain, ur last story didn't disappoint me.
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by seguno2: 8:29am On Dec 30, 2017
I thought that it was a journey to the other room. grin
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by arthur16(m): 8:43am On Dec 30, 2017
Didn't see my seat number... But I will continue uninvited... Everywhere good
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by DharmieLaws(m): 8:43am On Dec 30, 2017
Alex good one.
Re: Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain by Alexbrain(m): 9:02am On Dec 30, 2017
seguno2:
I thought that it was a journey to the other room. grin
LOL, I wish it was too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Troubled Series......the Best Romantic Story Of The Year / Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) / How Do You Deal With Procastination??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.