Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! (3671 Views)

Lady Calls Woman To Hurl Insults At Her, Vows To Continue Sleeping With Her Husb / I Need Advice, No Insults Please. / Herbalist Simon Odo: I Marry Additional Wife When Any Of My 58 Wives Insults Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by trishluvly(f): 9:22am On Apr 02, 2017
So I'll just go straight to the point.
I met this guy in my Church and days later, he started showing interest in me. In less than a month of meeting me, he started making marriage proposals, telling me he would want to meet with my people for introduction. I told him it was too early and besides, I would want to complete my studies before settling down. But he suggested we went for the introduction first and then waited till after my graduation for the marriage. Again, I told him it was too early for him to start making marriage proposals, as he had not known me for long, and that I wouldn't want to rush into marriage, cos I would Want to know who I would be getting married to. His reply was that he doesn't like dating before marriage, so I told him to look elsewhere, that I can't marry someone I haven't taken my time to study. On the long run, he said he would want us to court and that he would wait for me to finish my schooling, because he doesn't want to lose me.

Now, this guy is very caring, supportive and hardworking. Though he didn't go to a university, and the doesn't know how to speak well, I'm not bothered about that, cause I like him for who he is and not what he has achieved. But the problem is, I'm not tall, I'm just 5.4ft and I'm a bit taller than this guy. When I think of the kind of children we would have in future if I marry him, it gives me a lot of concern. I don't want my children to be called names such as dwarf, short devil, akakpor, etc. I'm confused here. Apart from his height, the guy is ok. Pls will our heights affect our children? Your kind advice are needed. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by babseg(m): 9:31am On Apr 02, 2017
Definitely your kids will be midgets.

And I think you are not setting your priority right

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:00am On Apr 02, 2017
With fervent prayer anything is possible
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by johnson232: 10:01am On Apr 02, 2017
trishluvly:
I met this guy in my Church and days later, he started showing interest in me. In less than a month of meeting me, he started making marriage proposals, telling me he would want to meet with my people for introduction. I told him it was too early and besides, I would want to complete my studies before settling down. But he suggested we went for the introduction first and then waited till after my graduation for the marriage. Again, I told him it was too early for him to start making marriage proposals, as he had not known me for long, and that I wouldn't want to rush into marriage, cos I would Want to know who I would be getting married to. His reply was that he doesn't like dating before marriage, so I told him to look elsewhere, that I can't marry someone I haven't taken my time to study. On the long run, he said he would want us to court and that he would wait for me to finish my schooling, because he doesn't want to lose me.

Now, this guy is very caring, supportive and hardworking. Though he didn't go to a university, and the doesn't know how to speak well, I'm not bothered about that, cause I like him for who he is and not what he has achieved. But the problem is, I'm not tall, I'm just 5.4ft and I'm a bit taller than this guy. When I think of the kind of children we would have in future if I marry him, it gives me a lot of concern. I don't want my children to be called names such as dwarf, short devil, akakpor, etc. I'm confused here. Apart from his height, the guy is ok. Pls will our heights affect our children? Your kind advice are needed. Thanks in anticipation.
Lolzzzz....quite funny

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by fbtowner(m): 10:08am On Apr 02, 2017
hahaha this height issue go cause kasala ooo

anytime I take a look at my height

I just dey always thank my papa in his grave. The mam na Dongo

lol..... grin

op free the guy. otherwise u will with what you don't like for ever ooo

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by RoyalBlak007: 10:11am On Apr 02, 2017
♤70% chance ur offsprings will be short

♤its yours to decide..

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by agohmamuda(m): 10:26am On Apr 02, 2017
Op are u Èsàn ??
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 02, 2017
I'm think I'm 5ft 3inches and I date guys that are 6ft plus and will marry one too. Pity your future children small.

Tall and short marry not short and short.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by MARKone(m): 10:30am On Apr 02, 2017
What if you go lookin for that "tall Jordan" and he ends up not giving you the marriage of your dreams. Ur guy pans out well from the description you gave, just the hight issue, which to me, is not that all bad. I know of a couple who are similar to you guys in height, but ended up having very tall children, it just genetics. Stick to ur guy, d devil u know is...

6 Likes

Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by sisisioge: 11:19am On Apr 02, 2017
grin grin

We will get to a point in our lives when having good people to share our worlds with will beat all the fancies of the world...height, money, fame, looks etc. In fact, the fancies will chase you and you would make sure you aren't caught up with. Once you find a good man, all fancies around him become added advantage. That's the way life is.

If he's a good man, and you totally like him, his height shouldn't be a problem. Although, his initial garagara gives me the jitters but since you said he's OK...biko no look height. God might bless you with tall kids thanks to a recessive tall gene that becomes dominant. And if them no tall...God is everywhere o.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by Mimzyy(f): 11:36am On Apr 02, 2017
Slap yourself OP.

You are worried about his not too fluent English but you keep telling yourself, it doesn't really matter. Slap yourself again.

You are worried about his height but you want people that have never seen this guy before to give you a false reassurance that it's OK to go ahead. Slap yourself!

My dear, wake up from your slumber and ask yourself what you really want in a relationship. If this dude doesn't fit, then tell him nicely and walk away abeg.

If the only thing you are attracted to bout him is money then your priorities are misplaced and you might end up regretting later. Let the dude go.

If you really love him, then height shouldn't be a deciding factor.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 02, 2017
@Trishluvly
But the problem is, I'm not tall, I'm just 5.4ft and I'm a bit taller than this guy. When I think of the kind of children we would have in future if I marry him, it gives me a lot of concern. I don't want my children to be called names such as dwarf, short devil, akakpor, etc. I'm confused here. Apart from his height, the guy is ok. Pls will our heights affect our children?
As you mentioned, the only box he hasn't ticked is his height.
It's socially discomforting that at 5.4" you're taller than him but that's not all there is to marriage.
You both could be recessive for tallness, meaning that you could have offsprings that are much taller than you both especially if they're well nourished.
Does he have taller siblings or parents or grandparents? If yes, then there is hope.
Again, I'm worried and it sounds queer to me when a partner says he/she doesn't want dating, acts all nice and lovely and wants to take the short cut to marriage. Pls shine ur eyes, there may be more in the cupboard than meets the eye.
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 02, 2017
trishluvly:
But the problem is, I'm not tall, I'm just 5.4ft and I'm a bit taller than this guy. When I think of the kind of children we would have in future if I marry him, it gives me a lot of concern. I don't want my children to be called names such as dwarf, short devil, akakpor, etc. I'm confused here. Apart from his height, the guy is ok. Pls will our heights affect our children? Your kind advice are needed. Thanks in anticipation.

When I read post from people like you, its makes me laugh . if he was wizkid or davido that proposes to you.

You won't factor his height , but now he's one common man that can hardly speak English. I laugh.

Its like saying you can't marry korede bello. Because of his height.

Abeh na who height Dom EPP ?
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by trishluvly(f): 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2017
olrotimi:
@Trishluvly
As you mentioned, the only box he hasn't ticked is his height.
It's socially discomforting that at 5.4" you're taller than him but that's not all there is to marriage.
You both could be recessive for tallness, meaning that you could have offsprings that are much taller than you both especially if they're well nourished.
Does he have taller siblings or parents or grandparents? If yes, then there is hope.
Again, I'm worried and it sounds queer to me when a partner says he/she doesn't want dating, acts all nice and lovely and wants to take the short cut to marriage. Pls shine ur eyes, there may be more in the cupboard than meets the eye.

Thanks dear
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by trishluvly(f): 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2017
cruchenuti:

When I read post from people like you, its makes me laugh . if he was wizkid or davido that proposes to you.

You won't factor his height , but now he's one common man that can hardly speak English. I laugh.

Its like saying you can't marry korede bello. Because of his height.

Abeh na who height Dom EPP ?
point noted. Thanks
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by trishluvly(f): 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
Mimzyy:
Slap yourself OP.

You are worried about his not too fluent English but you keep telling yourself, it doesn't really matter. Slap yourself again.

You are worried about his height but you want people that have never seen this guy before to give you a false reassurance that it's OK to go ahead. Slap yourself!

My dear, wake up from your slumber and ask yourself what you really want in a relationship. If this dude doesn't fit, then tell him nicely and walk away abeg.

If the only thing you are attracted to bout him is money then your priorities are misplaced and you might end up regretting later. Let the dude go.

LOL. I've slapped myself 3x. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by trishluvly(f): 12:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
sisisioge:
grin grin

We will get to a point in our lives when having good people to share our worlds with will beat all the fancies of the world...height, money, fame, looks etc. In fact, the fancies will chase you and you would make sure you aren't caught up with. Once you find a good man, all fancies around him become added advantage. That's the way life is.

If he's a good man, and you totally like him, his height shouldn't be a problem. Although, his initial garagara gives me the jitters but since you said he's OK...biko no look height. God might bless you with tall kids thanks to a recessive tall gene that becomes dominant. And if them no tall...God is everywhere o.
Thanks for your kind words of advice. I appreciate.
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by trishluvly(f): 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
MARKone:
What if you go lookin for that "tall Jordan" and he ends up not giving you the marriage of your dreams. Ur guy pans out well from the description you gave, just the hight issue, which to me, is not that all bad. I know of a couple who are similar to you guys in height, but ended up having very tall children, it just genetics. Stick to ur guy, d devil u know is...

Thanks bro. Advice taken.
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by trishluvly(f): 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
ToriBlue:
I'm think I'm 5ft 3inches and I date guys that are 6ft plus and will marry one too. Pity your future children small.

Tall and short marry not short and short.
Noted. Thanks dear.
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by trishluvly(f): 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
agohmamuda:
Op are u Èsàn ??
Nope. I'm Ijaw (Bayelsa)
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
it's 2017 darling, and you're still worried about the wrong things shocked. wawu shocked

Personally I don't care about height, but I don't think it's right for me to dismiss your concerns.
but don't be too worried cos genetics play a part in the height of your kids, but it's not limited to you and your hubby's. You probably have tall parents or grandparents, so your kids can be tall too.

Nutrition plays a vital role as well.

Finally, as much as I'm trying not to judge you, I don't think you're ready for marriage if things like height is what bothers you. you just said how much of an amazing man he is.
I would expect that you'd be more worried if he isn't smart or intelligent or if there's some kind of mental retardation in his family, cos this things are what you wouldn't want to pass unto your kids.

Who height don epp?? abeg some body tell me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by trishluvly(f): 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
babseg:
Definitely your kids will be midgets.
And I think you are not setting your priority right
Thanks dear.
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
Mimzyy:
Slap yourself OP.

what so much abt this hight of a thin
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by agohmamuda(m): 12:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
trishluvly:

Nope. I'm Ijaw (Bayelsa)

Owk. u got a mail.
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by benzion72(m): 10:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
Okay ooooo, see life. While some marriageable ladies out there are crying and praying for a date. One want to throw away her own cause of immaterial thing hmmmmm such is life to later join the group of beliving for husband later
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by potbelly(m): 10:43pm On Apr 02, 2017
No insults... Just slaps... grin
Mimzyy:
Slap yourself OP.

Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by ElsonMorali: 11:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
trishluvly:

point noted. Thanks

So, one month. Just one month and he's already thinking marriage. Hmmm...

I'll tell you what, I think you made a good decision when you told him to walk If he wasn't ready to date you properly.

I guess you're having a change of heart now because he spends well for you.

Haven't you been told not to get engaged or married to someone you just met yesterday?

If he doesn't want to date you for at least a year tell him bye bye and Godspeed.

Some people will tell you physical attributes don't matter. Don't mind them. It does

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by Antina(f): 11:29pm On Apr 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
With fervent prayer anything is possible

E mura si shocked
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
trishluvly:

My advice look for someone taller since that's the *height* of your problem. (See what I did there grin )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
Antina:

E mura si shocked
What is it?
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by Antina(f): 11:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
What is it?

I meant good advice.
Re: Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:03am On Apr 03, 2017
Antina:

I meant good advice.
which language is that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Born A Complete White Baby Boy-photo / Contact For Your Bill Of Quantities And Materials Schedule / Few Household Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.