Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,892 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

I Need Your Advice Please - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Your Advice Please (799 Views)

I Need Your Advice, Please. / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice / Help. Am Totally Confused Now, I Needs Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice Please by flexcool131(m): 3:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
I'm thinking of going on 3 days fasting and prayer, but the issue I'm having is that I'm a smoker.
So I'm thinking of smoking till 11:50pm today then take my bath, brush and start the day afresh. My question is will my prayer be accepted.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please by ITbomb(m): 3:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
Yeah, we will accept it
Re: I Need Your Advice Please by yomi007k(m): 4:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
flexcool131:
I'm thinking of going on 3 days fasting and prayer, but the issue I'm having is that I'm a smoker.
So I'm thinking of smoking till 11:50pm today then take my bath, brush and start the day afresh. My question is will my prayer be accepted.
grin

God has been accepting smoker' s prayers n fasting since 2000 B.C.

Its all about ur mind, heart soul mate.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please by CatfishBilly: 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
Watch Christians invade this thread and tell you that smoking is a sin even though it's not stated in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 02, 2017
Ma relax here to read hypocritical responses by Christians

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
ITbomb:
Yeah, we will accept it
Are you a staff in Prayers to God Inc. ??
Re: I Need Your Advice Please by MuttleyLaff: 10:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
flexcool131:
So I'm thinking of smoking till 11:50pm today then take my bath, brush and start the day afresh.
My question is will my prayer be accepted.
What are you smoking?
Why do you smoke it or why are you smoking it and what do you smoke it for?
Re: I Need Your Advice Please by MuttleyLaff: 10:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
CatfishBilly:
Watch Christians invade this thread and tell you that smoking is a sin even though it's not stated in the Bible.
There are lots of things not stated in the bible that when done, are deemed as ''missing the mark'' and/or ''hitting the wrong mark''
(i.e. as you already know or probably guessed, sin means ''missing the mark'' and/or ''hitting the wrong mark'')
Re: I Need Your Advice Please by CatfishBilly: 11:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
There are lots of things not stated in the bible that when done, are deemed as ''missing the mark'' and/or ''hitting the wrong mark''
(i.e. as you already know or probably guessed, sin means ''missing the mark'' and/or ''hitting the wrong mark'')
In what way is smoking missing the mark?
Don't tell me it is because it is harmful to the health because there are a lot of things that humans do that are harmful to health but they are morally acceptable.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please by MuttleyLaff: 11:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
CatfishBilly:
You're the doc now,
and ought to be or should be enlightening all, on how smoking might be deemed ''missing the mark'' and/or ''hitting the wrong mark''

CatfishBilly:
Don't tell me it is because it is harmful to the health
because there are a lot of things that humans do that are harmful to health
but they are morally acceptable.
I know,
but then you wouldnt be asking this question, if you've noticed how I asked OP a couple of whats and whys about the smoking
Re: I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
Funny guy! You want to smoke all the one you wanna pray against and continue smoking after the prayer!
Re: I Need Your Advice Please by CatfishBilly: 5:36am On Apr 03, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You're the doc now,
and ought to be or should be enlightening all, on how smoking might be deemed ''missing the mark'' and/or ''hitting the wrong mark''

I know,
but then you wouldnt be asking this question, if you've noticed how I asked OP a couple of whats and whys about the smoking
I saw where you asked your questions.
Let's use cigarettes as an example.
They are not intoxicants, any one who says otherwise should go check what he's been smoking, it's not cigarettes.
People smoke cigarettes for the exact same reason they drink coffee..They are are both highly addictive.
They've both been linked to a number of cancers, cigarettes much more than coffee
I've never seen a Christian crying that drinking coffee is a sin.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please by MuttleyLaff: 7:21am On Apr 03, 2017
CatfishBilly:
I saw where you asked your questions.
Let's use cigarettes as an example.
They are not intoxicants, any one who says otherwise should go check what he's been smoking, it's not cigarettes.
People smoke cigarettes for the exact same reason they drink coffee..They are are both highly addictive.
They've both been linked to a number of cancers, cigarettes much more than coffee
I've never seen a Christian crying that drinking coffee is a sin.
Objectively speaking,
I dare say, isnt that ''missing the mark'' and/or ''hitting the wrong mark''
if any continues to wilfully ignore your medical advice & prognosis with supporting x-ray picture or other evidences
that not reducing salt or sugar intake or substantially indulging in cigarettes, coffee or anything else for that matter
is dangerous & harmful to such's good health and wellbeing.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please by enshy: 7:33am On Apr 03, 2017
flexcool131:
I'm sorry but you sound too unserious to be advised.
You can as well smoke throughout the fast!
Man 'obedience is better than sacrifice, to hearken than fat of rams'
Re: I Need Your Advice Please by CatfishBilly: 7:52am On Apr 03, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Objectively speaking,
I dare say, isnt that ''missing the mark'' and/or ''hitting the wrong mark''
if any continues to wilfully ignore your medical advice & prognosis with supporting x-ray picture or other evidences
that not reducing salt or sugar intake or substantially indulging in cigarettes, coffee or anything else for that matter
is dangerous & harmful to such's good health and wellbeing.
So, my take home point from your write up is, drinking coffee is missing the mark therefore should be considered as a sin?
Re: I Need Your Advice Please by MuttleyLaff: 8:14am On Apr 03, 2017
CatfishBilly:
So, my take home point from your write up is,
drinking coffee is missing the mark therefore should be considered as a sin?
No doc,
I know you're pulling my leg with this your oversimplified rehash version of what I posted

Cigarrette smoking or coffee drinking has good and bad benefits
and you know at which point you'll advise a patient to stop cigarrette smoking or coffee drinking
so why cant or arent you accepting that if such ignores your expert advice, it is tantamount to ''missing the mark'' &/or ''hitting the wrong mark''
Let's be objective and honest here please
Re: I Need Your Advice Please by CatfishBilly: 8:29am On Apr 03, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
No doc,
I know you're pulling my leg with this your oversimplified rehash version of what I posted

Cigarrette smoking or coffee drinking has good and bad benefits
and you know at which point you'll advise a patient to stop cigarrette smoking or coffee drinking
so why cant or arent you accepting that if such ignores your expert advice, it is tantamount to ''missing the mark'' &/or ''hitting the wrong mark''
Let's be objective and honest here please
Okay I was yanking your chain.
Sure, everything in moderation. Cigarettes, coffee, alcohol. There are acceptable limits to them and when a person steps over those limits, then there'll be consequences, which can be "missing the mark" as you put it.
What I'm trying to make you understand is that the Nigerian Christian views smoking no matter how casual as a sin.
I know why I stressed Nigerian because in some parts of the world, cigarettes and coffee are seen as the same thing. A stimulant and aren't really considered as sins.
I just want to know the rationale behind it's designation as a sin in Nigeria.
I want your opinion if you don't mind.
Re: I Need Your Advice Please by MuttleyLaff: 7:49am On Apr 04, 2017
CatfishBilly:
Okay I was yanking your chain.
Sure, everything in moderation. Cigarettes, coffee, alcohol.
There are acceptable limits to them and when a person steps over those limits, then there'll be consequences, which can be "missing the mark" as you put it
Consequences, correctedly, is not "missing the mark" (i.e. just as death is not "missing the mark'')
Indulgence, appropriately, is "missing the mark" (i.e just as eating the forbidden fruit was "missing the mark'' &/or ''hitting the wrong mark'')

CatfishBilly:
What I'm trying to make you understand is that the Nigerian Christian views smoking no matter how casual as a sin
What I'm trying to make you understand is that Nigerians and OTT are twins separated at birth, they like two peas in a pod
Tempting to use that famous Zuma picture but I'll pass on it

CatfishBilly:
I know why I stressed Nigerian because in some parts of the world, cigarettes and coffee are seen as the same thing.
A stimulant and aren't really considered as sins
Stimulants like everything else are open to abuse and can be abnormally used

CatfishBilly:
I just want to know the rationale behind it's designation as a sin in Nigeria
Ignorance, ill-informed and the occasional dose of the pharisaical spirit

CatfishBilly:
I want your opinion if you don't mind.
Let's put it this way
My opinion really doesnt count because it's not me who would be holding brief for anyone

Now, the fact and truth, whether you believe it or not, is that
we are not answerable to Nigeria(ans), we wont be giving account of ourselves to Nigeria(ans)
Certainly wont be giving account over the actions we did to Nigeria(ans)
and/or wont be giving account of expected actions to do we didn't do to Nigeria(ans)

Another whether you believe it or not truth is, everyone at the appointed time, will be having some serious explaining to do
God, help the person, you hasnt an Advocate to help argue for such person and assist fight the person's corner for him
Re: I Need Your Advice Please by geoworldedu: 7:54am On Apr 04, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Don't tell me it is because it is harmful to the health because there are a lot of things that humans do that are harmful to health but they are morally acceptable.

ah, even burning of incense was discovered very harmful to health and yahweh commanded it in d stone age. I guess he was ignorant of d fact dat it is a pollutant.

Sincerely speaking, scientists are wiser and more intelligent than Yahweh. cheesy

Otemanuduno, say something.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland needs a delete setting / Tope Alabi Live In COZA / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13/06/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.