Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group (33351 Views)

"We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" / Genotype And Blood Group: Learn Never To Forget The Difference!!! / Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 04, 2017
HrmOlolade:
Thanks bro, I have two result here, so I don't know which genotype is mine BTW the two
i think u should go for another test.
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by HrmOlolade(m): 8:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
charliboy654:
i think u should go for another test.
Aiit bro
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by Disneyboy: 9:25pm On Apr 04, 2017
alex81:

C is an abnormal haemoglobin just like S not AC.

an AS or AC genotype means d person is a carrier of d haemoglobin both there's no any physical or clinical symptoms. they're very normal just like AA.

its different from SS or SC which is very not good.

wait o are u saying dose with AS are abnormal

https://www.nairaland.com/110786/please-explain-what-genotype-ac

sorry..... it's an error....they are carriers......

thanks for the correction, pls are you a doctor or a MLS?

1 Like

Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by Disneyboy: 9:26pm On Apr 04, 2017
jnrremedy:

its erroneous to use the word abnormal
people with genotype AS, AC, SS, AA are not abnormal.

Yea.... will modify my post
thanks
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by Countrygirl(f): 10:21pm On Apr 04, 2017
xoxo001:
I am AA A+
Same as mine

1 Like

Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by fabolousneyo: 6:22am On Apr 05, 2017
Disneyboy:

you can still be O+ or O- because the -/+ (Rhesus blood group) is not inherited....

Is it possible for father o+ Mother A+ and dey give birth to O- child ?
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by Disneyboy: 6:25am On Apr 05, 2017
fabolousneyo:

Is it possible for father o+ Mother A+ and dey give birth to O- child ?

yes... like I said earlier, the rhesus blood group is not inherited.....
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 05, 2017
Countrygirl:
Same as mine
we are the best u know cool
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 09, 2017
Lilyqueeny:

You don't necessarily have to be rich before you can help your neighbour.

praying for them and assisting them in little things are forms of help
I got your warning. In as much as it surprised me, i still want to tender my apology for the disturbances.
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by cutierashy(f): 12:44am On Apr 12, 2017
Can there be a mistake sometimes cos this just cost mey relationship cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by mylove4God(f): 11:43am On Apr 19, 2017
Disneyboy:

you can still be O+ or O- because the -/+ (Rhesus blood group) is not inheritmed....

Okay, thanks.
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by Trishh: 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2017
As it is important to know your genotype it is also important to know blood group before marriage...

This article is quite informative! Learnt a lot

http://www.thewomandiary.com/knowing-your-blood-group-is-also-important-before-marriage/[/color]
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by Trishh: 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
Disneyboy:

yes... like I said earlier, the rhesus blood group is not inherited.....

It is inherited. Please get your facts right.

The rh positives nd negatives ve strengths so depending on which is dominant or recessive.. if u ve a true rh+ gene i.e ++ (weak rh positives are denoted by +-, they still test positive to rhesus but agglutination is very slow) and you marry someone who has same... all your kids will carry a true positive rh. The strength of your rhesus is noted during the bloodgroup test (agglutination time is very low for true rh+ and takes longer time for weak rh+). The matching for rhesus is same as genotype matching in determining what kind of rhesus your offsprings re likely to develop. This also mean that if you and your spouse carry a weak rh+, ie you ve a recessive rh- gene denoted rh+-, you re likely to produce a child with a negative rhesus... just like AS and AS having SS kid in d genotype matching...,
so rhesus factor is inherited!
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by tosyne2much(m): 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
omofela85:
wanted to donate blood for someone yesterday but i was rejected simply because the doctor said my blood pressure is 151/88 with pulse of 70.
And please, has your blood pressure reduced? What's the current rate of reduction?

I also have a similar problem with you with a blood pressure of 148/82
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by omofela85(m): 3:07am On Jul 09, 2017
tosyne2much:
And please, has your blood pressure reduced? What's the current rate of reduction?

I also have a similar problem with you with a blood pressure of 148/82
it is normal and stable
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by tosyne2much(m): 7:42am On Jul 09, 2017
omofela85:
it is normal and stable
And please quickly summarize how you were able to beat it down
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 09, 2017
I had bookmark this! Thanks Op
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by omofela85(m): 8:14am On Jul 09, 2017
tosyne2much:
And please quickly summarize how you were able to beat it down
sleep very well, watch your intake, get an avocado seed dry it and grind it into powder form. Use pap to take the avocado powder
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by tosyne2much(m): 8:16am On Jul 09, 2017
omofela85:
sleep very well, watch your intake, get an avocado seed dry it and grind it into powder form. Use pap to take the avocado powder
Alright thanks brother
Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by omofela85(m): 8:24am On Jul 09, 2017
tosyne2much:
Alright thanks brother
uwc. Also drink enough water daily. In less than one week you're good to go

1 Like

Re: Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group by Cyoung4real(m): 5:08am On Oct 26, 2021
Ishilove:

If I remember my basic science, O+ is universal donor, which means they can donate blood to ALL the blood groups, while O- is universal recipient. they can receive from all blood groups but can only donate to O-

Omo who be your teacher. Them need to flog am well well,ooo or na you no learn well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Things You Do That Make You Tired All The Time / How Will I Cure My Pile,please Help! / Kaduna Coronavirus Patient Trying To Escape Attacks Civil Defence Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.