Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,014 members, 7,838,553 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

On Your Mental Health And Accepting Realities - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / On Your Mental Health And Accepting Realities (246 Views)

Disbarment: Lawyer Accepts Disbarment For Dropping Client And Accepting Others / I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... / 7 Perfect Ways To Better Your Mental Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Your Mental Health And Accepting Realities by MartinNworah: 7:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
Written by Martin Beck Nworah (MBN)

Each time I hear statements like "nobody is here for me now that I need them" or "I have problems now and everyone ran away." It makes me mentally weak and that is why I want to tell you the truth.

Nobody, including yourself, would be close to a friend who is pushing out negative vibes and has refused to feel better. You may stay for awhile and try to help, but you will soon move on with your life. Humans by our very nature seek that which will make life better for us and buying other people's negative vibes is definitely not in the best interest of any individual.

Let me tell you a little story. When I ended my last relationship nearly two years ago, it left me broken and messed up. I needed serious help and I nearly broke down. I spoke to a few close and distant friends about it to see if anyone was willing to help. They will call once or twice, visit once and that was it. I tried talking it out but each time the topic comes up, I start noticing the restiveness in the individual so I will shut up. Luckily for me, I made a friend in a female medical student and instead of telling her my issues, I decided to gain positive vibes from my friendship with her. It worked and in less than no time, I bounced back and regained control of my life.

When you encounter a serious challenge in life, don't always mourn the fact that people run away from you. Find ways to keep people around you without giving out negative vibes that will chase them away. Do you know how it feels listening to you every night about your husband who left you? Or your girlfriend who doesn't want to marry you? Or the person who insulted you and called you a pig? Honestly, not everyone will stick around.

People have their own life and challenges. Don't feel they will always empty themselves for you without getting drained or strained in the process. Learn to fight your own battle and be your own inspiration.

However, if you find someone who is willing to go through hell and high water with you, please don't hurt them. Keep them for such people are rare and special. Fight for them and they will fight for you.

Till we get to the Promised Land, I shall be waiting for when you will pass me a glass of water and thank God for the gift of grace for the race.

-Martin Beck Nworah.

(1) (Reply)

Meningitis: FG Counters Zamfara Gov As Death Toll Rises To 336 / Mascumherbal Pride Sexually Problem Weak Attention And Enlargement / Mascumherbal Pride Sexually Problem Weak Attention And Enlargement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.