Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Ten Habits Of Highly Effective People | Naijapodcast - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ten Habits Of Highly Effective People | Naijapodcast (527 Views)

The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson / Ten Habit Of Highly Effective People (part 2) | Naijapodcast / Effective People Management Skills & Practice For Non-hr Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ten Habits Of Highly Effective People | Naijapodcast by Ajibel(m): 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2017
On Episode 10, host of NaijaPodcast, Opeyemi Philips discusses on ten subtle habits that can change anybody's life for good!

I’m sure you’ve heard that saying that we are creatures of habit. Everything we do and say are a function of habits we’ve permitted through years of repetition.

Now the thing about habits is that once we permit them, they operate almost on automatically—you don’t need to think about it.

We don’t need to think about taking our baths —all things being equal. We just do it.

Now we are what we constantly do. That means that wherever we are now are a result of our habits—good or bad. Habits can be that potent.

Some studies have been done which shows that 45% of what we do every day stems from our habits.

So it makes a lot of sense if we can quit bad and unproductive habits and replace them with good ones that will charge us to the place we want to go.

This is not going to be easy but with dedication, determination and seeing the end result of what you are going to get from the good habits, you can pull through and turn a new leaf.

So let’s quickly dive into these ten habits and see what it’s going to help us achieve. Add these ten habits into your daily routine and you will surely see a difference and a momentum towards your goals

Wake Up Early: You know that nursery rhyme we sang those days, early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. Mornings are amazing for undiluted reflection and productivity. We have more mental energy and we do a whole lot of things. It’s a time to do the things that will add up to our long-term goals. You can literily get ahead while the world is asleep.

Well you might say I’m not an early riser or something but even then you can use incremental changes in your daily routine. Start by setting your alarm clock back by 10-15 minutes for the first few weeks. Repeat this until you can start waking up earlier than you are doing now. Trust me it works!

2. Gratitude. Many times we fall into that zone where we are overwhelmed by what’s not going right especially in Nigeria. But then whining doesn’t solve the problem—it worsens it. So let’s learn to count our blessings and be grateful for what you have. I’m always grateful for my abilities, my liberty and some other things even though I’m far from where I want to be. Gratitude is healthily for you and will give you enduring joy. So look around today and be grateful for something!

3. Daily goal setting. Yes we know you want to conquer the world but how are you going to achieve that? That was tongue-in-cheek but the idea is that our long-term goals which can also be called vision cannot be achieved without daily short-term milestones. In fact they may seem daunting just looking at them but through daily goal-setting we can begin to achieve them little by little. So make sure you break down your goals and pick what you can tick off on a daily basis.

4. Exercise: OK so when was the last time you did an exercise? Don’t even bother to give me an answer. Now one of the greatest habits we can have is to cultivate a daily exercise routine. I used to play football every weekend and do some daily exercises… I must confess I miss them a couple of times, but as I was recording this podcast, I vowed to go back to my daily exercise habit. Now this doesn’t have to be as rigorous as running the Lagos Marathon or heavy weightlifting. It’s all boils down to engaging in lightly strenuous activity that would oxygenate your blood and boost the endorphins in your body. This will make you feel good physically and give you mental clarity and emotional stability. Doctors would tell you that exercise releases dopaminine, oxytocin and serotonin into our system and gives us an almost euphoric effect.

5. Eat Healthy Breakfast: Breakfast is said to be the most important meal in the day yet a lot of people skip it and opt for a heavy meal at lunch hour. It’s a shopworn statement but it’s so true my brother and sister! So please make sure you eat something healthy every morning if you are serious—not eba or something that would slow down your creativity for the day but you get what I mean!

All right, I’m going to stop here and make sure I get back to you next Friday for the concluding part of this episode.

You can check out the show notes and tell someone about this podcast. Something great is going to be coming up soon!

Until then keep getting better like old wine and keep representing Naija

Listen to the episode here -> http://www.naijapodcast.com/podcasts/episode-10-ten-habits-highly-effective-people/

Re: Ten Habits Of Highly Effective People | Naijapodcast by eezeribe(m): 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2017
OK
Re: Ten Habits Of Highly Effective People | Naijapodcast by Ajibel(m): 7:47pm On Apr 04, 2017
eezeribe:
OK

Alright.

(1) (Reply)

This Site Is Paying Out $200 When You Take Some Task / Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC / Serious Minded Psychology And Sociology Graduate/undergraduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.