Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Ten Habit Of Highly Effective People (part 2) | Naijapodcast - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ten Habit Of Highly Effective People (part 2) | Naijapodcast (553 Views)

One Single Habit That Makes Every Millionaire A Lot Of Money / Ten Habits Of Highly Effective People | Naijapodcast / Effective People Management Skills & Practice For Non-hr Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ten Habit Of Highly Effective People (part 2) | Naijapodcast by Ajibel(m): 3:42pm On May 26, 2017
On Episode 11, host of NaijaPodcast, Opeyemi Philips concludes on ten subtle habits that can change anybody's life for good!

http://www.naijapodcast.com/podcasts/episode-11-ten-habit-highly-effective-people-part-2/

You can check out the Part 1 here -> http://www.naijapodcast.com/podcasts/episode-10-ten-habits-highly-effective-people/

Hey my Naija Peeps, welcome to NaijaPodcast, this is one show that rekindles our spirit as a people and you are tuned in to the solo round.

Today you will be hanging around with me Opeyemi Philips and I will be bringing you the concluding part of 10 habits of highly effective people. Hope you enjoyed the first part and have been practicing them?

Recall that on episode 10 we talked about five habits that could change anybody’s life and that includes

Waking up early. Gratitude, daily goal settting, exercising and eating healthy breakfast.

Today I’m going to give you more five habits that has changed the lives of many people you admire out there and would change yours too.

Are you ready? I’m super pumped, so let’s do this Naija Peeps!`

Manage your time well. Time is the scarcest resource we have—I know it’s a cliché but it could not be truer. How well you manage your time will determine what you can achieve. I said in my first book, The “OBAMA” in You! That Accomplishment is the ultimate proof of time and that only comes when you manage your time well. You must find an effective way to manage your time. There are tons of time management resources on the internet to help you. Get rid of time wasters like surfing the internet with no clear cut purpose, wasting time on social media, needless phone calls, excessive watching of TV, idle talks and all those time wasters. It’s going to take some time for you to master time management techniques which you want to inculcate into your daily routine, but with a good use of your time, possibilities are endless and you can accomplish most of the things you set out to.

Learn a new thing! In our world today, the information age, you would be left behind if you don’t constantly make yourself relevant by acquiring new skills or improving on the skills you already have! It could be learning a foreign language or mastering the usage of software. You just want to make sure you learn something new daily. Dedicate a portion of your day to doing this and you’d see a world of difference. There are a myriad of ways you can learn nowadays. It could be through audio book, a blog post, a podcast like this, a how-to video on YouTube , listening to Ted talks or taking a free massive open online course. Make sure you look for something that would be beneficial to you in the future and start learning them today.

3. Network: you must have heard that saying that your network is your net worth—sounds like a badly composed rhyme but it’s so true! You’ve been around enough to know that succeeding in life would not just depend on what you know— you would definitely need to reach out to people at some point even if you’re a certified loner! Now networking is not all about dropping your business card at functions or just thinking about how you can benefit from people, you want to find ways to genuinely help and add values to other people’s lives. That’s what networking is all about.

4. Get enough rest.

Even though it’s vital to wake up and work hard every day, it’s also important to take ample rest. Finding that crucial balance may not be an easy thing to do because of your busy schedules, but if you care enough about your physical wellness as you should anyway, because it will determine your future success and effectiveness,(without good health, you can’t accomplish your goals) you’ll want to ensure you do nothing less than 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night.

If you have difficulty falling asleep, be careful to avoid coffee or alcohol when bedtime is close.

Another thing is that if you eat a lot of sugar or smoke or take in any other type of toxins during the day, you’ll have some difficulty in getting to bed in a good time.

5. Take Action

It’s something that we have heard like a broken record but many of us still fall short. When we don’t take action we fall into procrastination. And we always have good reasons for that. I’ll talk about procrastination more in the next round. But let me quickly chip in that there is a way to overcome procrastination using the 15-minute rule. If you’ve not heard that before, it’s simply to take anything you’ve been putting off for a long time, set a timer on your phone for 15 minutes and do that thing for just that short period. The idea behind this is that it breaks the cycle of inaction. By committing to that task for 15 minutes, you will build some momentum that can help you to keep going!

Keep committing to these good habits Naija peeps—remember that you are a product of your habits and record your improvements and let me know about them on NaijaPodcast by sending a mail or commenting at the bottom of the show notes. All right, that’s about it for this episode and the concluding part of the ten habits of highly effective guys.

I’ll see you again with another solo round pretty soon and until then keep getting better like old wine and keep representing Naija!

(1) (Reply)

Metallurgical And Materials Engineer / 6 Things To Do When You Can't Get A Job / Tippers/tractors/van For Sale For Your Business At Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.