Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest (3816 Views)

Why You Should Not Take The Pascal's Wager And Become An Athiest / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion / Two Questions For NL Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 04, 2017
1 DEFINE GOD?
This question may sound absurd to him but it is logical (example)if i argue that this is not a religious thread.i should be able to give an understanding of what is expected of a religious thread.

ask them to define God and you will realised they have less to say but much to argue.

2ask them personally to tell you how they belive GOD do not exist personally not using a generic argument.

you will realised again they will have less to say but much to argue.

THE BELIVER CAN ADD MORE WHILE THE THREAD IS OPEN FOR A DEBATE WITH AN ATHIEST
Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by CatfishBilly: 6:38pm On Apr 04, 2017
You can't tell me to define what I don't believe in.
You say God exists, the onus is on you to define, then we'll tackle your definition of God.
What you're doing now is onus probandi (shifting the burden of proof)

7 Likes

Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 04, 2017
catfish belly. GOD do not exist you say,then you should be able to tell me what is GOD if he did not exist as you claim.you must have gotten a proper understanding of whom GOD should be if he exist.or should i assume you have less to say but much to argue.

2 Likes

Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by coolgee26(m): 6:53pm On Apr 04, 2017
1. Why should an atheist define god? The task lies on you bro.
We define it, you claim "DEFINITION OUT OF CONTEXT"

Anyways, this is my own definition of god
>> God is a/an entity/word/ used by the primitives to explain incomprehensible events

2. Whe all have our individual preferences as to why we disbelief in the existence of god.
On countless basis, atheists have given their personal views why god is unreal.

The story of my journey to atheism is totally different as to many atheist. I Ve read different reasons why people became atheist.

Now, i think you are the person been generic here about belief in god cos if am to ask you
WHY do you and 99% people of your kind belief in god?
the generic response would be "LOOK AROUND. EVERYTHING IS PERFECTLY CREATED and dat creator is god

1 Like

Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2017
i understand athiest verywell, mind you the topic says two question to end a debate with an athiest. YOU HAVE LESS TO SAY BUT MUCH TO ARGUE and that is whom you are.

2 Likes

Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by CatfishBilly: 7:00pm On Apr 04, 2017
A88C:
catfish belly. GOD do not exist you say,then you should be able to tell me what is GOD if he did not exist as you claim.you must have gotten a proper understanding of whom GOD should be if he exist.or should i assume you have less to say but much to argue.
If I say a fictional animal ugbelegbele exists, you'll say no, and I ask you to define ugbelegbele, it doesn't make sense right?
Same thing asking me to define God who I say doesn't exist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by coolgee26(m): 7:00pm On Apr 04, 2017
A88C:
catfish belly. GOD do not exist you say,then you should be able to tell me what is GOD
I would like to ask, are you a Christian and is ya debate centred around the CHRISTIAN GOD?
If yes, I believe ya question is off no importance cos most atheists were Theists (specifically Christians)
Now listing the attributes of the Christian god is enough to to end this debate.
if he did not exist as you claim.you must have gotten a proper understanding of whom GOD should be if he exist.or should i assume you have less to say but much to argue.
Which god are you referring to. Be specific... There are thousand of gods, (Yahweh, Allah, Zeus, Thor, Krishna).... Which
Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by Wilgrea7(m): 7:05pm On Apr 04, 2017
A88C:
catfish belly.
grin grin..... its catfishbilly ...
Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 04, 2017
ATHIEST HAVE LESS TO SAY BUT MUCH TO ARGUE. if you can not answer the above question dont expect me to help you. i HAVE MUCH TO SAY BUT LESS TO ARGUE. let it marinate

2 Likes

Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by CatfishBilly: 7:21pm On Apr 04, 2017
A88C:
ATHIEST HAVE LESS TO SAY BUT MUCH TO ARGUE. if you can not answer the above question dont expect me to help you. i HAVE MUCH TO SAY BUT LESS TO ARGUE. let it marinate
Then, I guess this thread is dead on arrival
Or, does ugbelegbele exist? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 04, 2017
CatfishBilly:

If I say a fictional animal ugbelegbele exists, you'll say no, and I ask you to define ugbelegbele, it doesn't make sense right?
fictional you call it.hope you know what that mean.you claim there is no GOD. you should be able to tell me what is god so i can measure and compare to what i understand by GOD. supposed i tell you nigeria is in europe i should be able to identify nigeria map located within europe map and if i can not it means i am not truthful
Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 04, 2017
[quote author=CatfishBilly post=55265081]
Then, I guess this thread is dead on arrival
Or, does ugbelegbele exist? grin grin[/quote YOU HAVE LESS TO SAY BUT MUCH TO ARGUE .
Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by menxer: 7:35pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hhhhhmmmmm

So many views no comments.

How do you define God without quoting what another man thought is God?

You claim to believe in God because you read the Bible, and that is final. Good.

That is a history of a people and their relationship with what or who they say was/is their God.

Saying atheist have less to say but much to argue, is a wrong choice of words if you know what to argue means.

I have come to understand that what we are made to believe as God is not the whole truth.

We all are arguing for/against based on hearsay, with no concrete proof of personally identifying and knowing who God is.

Moses and some Elders saw God and dined with him, Abraham and his wife saw God and dined with him, But John (1:18) told us no man has seen God at any time.
Whose report are we to believe?

Are we to define God or his existence based on Moses', Abraham's or John's definition? Then that is hearsay.

A88C:
1 DEFINE GOD?
This question may sound absurd to him but it is logical (example)if i argue that this is not a religious thread.i should be able to give an understanding of what is expected of a religious thread.

ask them to define God and you will realised they have less to say but much to argue.

2ask them personally to tell you how they belive GOD do not exist personally not using a generic argument.

you will realised again they will have less to say but much to argue.

THE BELIVER CAN ADD MORE WHILE THE THREAD IS OPEN FOR A DEBATE WITH AN ATHIEST

Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2017
we call the most supreme GOD because we have a meaning for it. athiest claim there is no god and yet they can not tell us whom is god. simple logic says u can not claim what you do not have.
Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by enshy: 7:43pm On Apr 04, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Bro, you are wrong.
I can't say what I don't know doesn't exist.
If I do, my answer is unintelligent. You shouldn't do same!

On a lighter note, that bro twisted your moniker...It sounds funny ooo...na billy no be belly..
Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by CatfishBilly: 7:44pm On Apr 04, 2017
A88C:
fictional you call it.hope you know what that mean.you claim there is no GOD. you should be able to tell me what is god so i can measure and compare to what i understand by GOD. supposed i tell you nigeria is in europe i should be able to identify nigeria map located within europe map and if i can not it means i am not truthful
How can I be able to tell you what God is when I say there is no God?
There is no God, so I can't tell you what it is because it doesn't exist. I have no basis for comparison or description.
You say it exists, oya describe it for us.
Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 04, 2017
defined GOD base on the concept of your logic to defend that he did not exist. YOU HAVE MUCH TO ARGUE BUT LESS TO SAY
Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by enshy: 7:46pm On Apr 04, 2017
Wilgrea7:

grin grin..... its catfishbilly ...
I'm sorry I laughed out! Thought I was the only one who noticed that!

1 Like

Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by enshy: 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2017
coolgee26:

I would like to ask, are you a Christian and is ya debate centred around the CHRISTIAN GOD?
If yes, I believe ya question is off no importance cos most atheists were Theists (specifically Christians)
Now listing the attributes of the Christian god is enough to to end this debate.

Which god are you referring to. Be specific... There are thousand of gods, (Yahweh, Allah, Zeus, Thor, Krishna).... Which
Bro pls don't act up.
We all know he talks about the Supreme God!
Anyone can call himself anything but we know what's true and false.
I thought there are many Buhari but if I mention 'Buhari signs the budget', every wise one knows who I'm referring to.
Pls let's be real!
Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by CatfishBilly: 7:50pm On Apr 04, 2017
A88C:
defined GOD base on the concept of your logic to defend that he did not exist. YOU HAVE MUCH TO ARGUE BUT LESS TO SAY
Does ugbelegbele exist ?
Please answer
Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2017
you mean you can not defined what is not real.then you should be able to tell us what it should be if it is real. i have no problem of,whom GOD IS YOU DO
Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by menxer: 7:52pm On Apr 04, 2017
A88C:

You can't put words in his mouth.

if he said "God does not exist," why do you want him to define based on logic? He has no idea to formulate a concept of God.

You say "God exist," You are the one to define God since you have seen and knows what he looks like and feels like.
Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by coolgee26(m): 7:52pm On Apr 04, 2017
A88C:
god have been defined above.

If the definition isn't convincing to you, then provide yours.

Abi it's hard for you? At least, as an atheist, we have provided a définition above. If you feel it's contrary to you own definition, then provide a more convincing one to support your argument
Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by CatfishBilly: 7:52pm On Apr 04, 2017
A88C:
you mean you can not defined what is not real.then you should be able to tell us what it should be if it is real. i have no problem of,whom GOD IS YOU DO
This is hopeless

3 Likes

Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 04, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Does ugbelegbele exist ?
Please answer
in argument you do not throw back question.you answer the,question posted to you first then you ask question.or you want me to assume GOD,AS NO MEANING SINCE WHAT YOU SAID HAS NO MEANING. I WILL ASSUME THAT AS YOUR GOD DEFINATION

1 Like

Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by randomperson: 7:56pm On Apr 04, 2017
These theists keep disappointing... Was expecting to see something ingenious and challenging but...

1 Like

Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:02pm On Apr 04, 2017
This thread is further proof how really DUMB some religious people are....and probably why they are so easy to brainwash into becoming follow-follow sheep

Atheist who dont believe there is a god should Prove that God exist bwaaaaaasaah. This is as clueless as saying that I don't believe in martians so I should prove they exist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by coolgee26(m): 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
enshy:

Bro pls don't act up.
We all know he talks about the Supreme God!

Its very simple something bro.
Which Supreme God?
A Muslim claim Allah is Supreme and call the Christian God small.
A Christian as well belief his own God is Supreme above Krishna, Thor.

Which of the Supreme God are you referring to, I ask?
Anyone can call himself anything but we know what's true and false.

Mr A claims his God is the true God.
Mr B said, "hey Mr A, ya god is a messenger"

Why are you guys confusing yourself?
I thought there are many Buhari but if I mention 'Buhari signs the budget', every wise one knows who I'm referring to.
Pls let's be real!
If you say buhari signed the budget, i may refer to Buhari in my Ministry of work. I may refer to Buhari as my dad.
But if you respond by saying President Mohammedu Buhari, i know you are now bin specific.

Hope you get the gist now

2 Likes

Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 04, 2017
if i may conclude no athiest has been able to define whom is GOD.

1 Like

Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by coolgee26(m): 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2017
A88C:
if i may conclude no athiest has been able to define whom is GOD.
Let's get going Mr Man

God is a/an entity/word/ used by the primitives to explain incomprehensible events
Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by coolgee26(m): 8:12pm On Apr 04, 2017
If the definition isn't convincing, provide yours since you claim to know the right and appropriate definition

Atleast, attempt was made....
Re: Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest by coolgee26(m): 8:13pm On Apr 04, 2017
If this thread pass page 2 with definition of god from religious fellas, make una cut my d!ck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Said I Cant Hack The Matrix ? / Does It Matter The Day We Worship? / A Woman's Place In The Church And The Weak Church Elder / Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.