Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Two Questions For NL Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Two Questions For NL Christians (3024 Views)

NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? / Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest / Mark 9:43 , Did Jesus Lie ? NL Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Questions For NL Christians by Peacefullove: 5:15pm On Jan 13, 2017
No.1

Despite that Christians teach that flesh and blood cannot inherit heaven. They still maintain that Jesus is Human in heaven , to be a human you have to be Flesh and Blood , isnt it ?

----------------------------------------
No.2

Christian's again claimed Jesus was raised with a glorified human body , but unfortunately this perfect human body have scars all over it grin grin , how could Jesus perfect human body still have scars?

Over to you, enlighten me

2 Likes

Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by SuperSuave(m): 5:35pm On Jan 13, 2017
I don't understand why people still look for answers to somethings which you know nobody has answers to. Choose a belief and stick to it, there's no point questioning the intelligence of other people, everyone is not born/created to reason the same way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by GoodMuyis(m): 8:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
Peacefullove:
No.1

Despite that Christians teach that flesh and blood cannot inherit heaven. They still maintain that Jesus is Human in heaven , to be a human you have to be Flesh and Blood , isnt it ?

No.2

Christian's again claimed Jesus was raised with a glorified human body , but unfortunately this perfect human body have scars all over it grin grin , how could Jesus perfect human body still have scars?

No such thing as a stupid question

But Stupid Questions are:

=> Those questions that have already been answered, but the asker wasn't listening or paying attention.
=> Questions that can be answered with a scant amount of research and less than a minute of time.
=> Questions of which the answer should be painfully obvious to any person with a pulse who has lived on this earth for more than a decade.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Peacefullove: 9:40pm On Jan 13, 2017
GoodMuyis:

No such thing as a stupid question

But Stupid Questions are:

=> Those questions that have already been answered, but the asker wasn't listening or paying attention.
=> Questions that can be answered with a scant amount of research and less than a minute of time.
=> Questions of which the answer should be painfully obvious to any person with a pulse who has lived on this earth for more than a decade.

Just say i dont know and we will understand
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Nobody: 12:31am On Jan 14, 2017
Peacefullove:
No.1

----------------------------------------&
No.2

Christian's again claimed Jesus was raised with a glorified human body , but unfortunately this perfect human body have scars all over it grin grin , how could Jesus perfect human body still have scars? ^

1 Corinthians 15:42-44
42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

Jesus has a physical body, with a difference. His resurrected body is designed with eternity in view.

The perfect body is spiritual ..
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by otemanuduno: 1:11am On Jan 14, 2017
Junia:

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

Jesus has a physical body, with a difference. His resurrected body is designed with eternity in view.

I'm perceiving lies sad
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 14, 2017
otemanuduno:
I'm perceiving lies sad
Ok .. just be there Jesus will come soon You will realise your mistakes I just pray you encounter Him b4 u die
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Peacefullove: 12:20pm On Jan 14, 2017
Junia:

Jesus has a physical body,
with a difference. His resurrected body is designed with eternity in view.

Okay, I interpret the bold to mean a human body .. Which generates the two questions at Op ,

Does that not show the Bible contradicts since it says flesh and blood cannot inherit heaven and to be Human or physical , Jesus must be flesh and blood yet he lives in heaven , is that not a contradiction ?

And two, How come this body designed with eternity in view still have scars .. Does that not indicate it's not perfect ?

Can we now say Jesus physical body isnt perfect ?
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2017
Peacefullove:

Okay, I interpret the bold to mean a human body .. Which generates the two questions at Op ,

Does that not show the Bible contradicts since it says flesh and blood cannot inherit heaven and to be Human or physical , Jesus must be flesh and blood yet he lives in heaven , is that not a contradiction ?

And two, How come this body designed with eternity in view still have scars .. Does that not indicate it's not perfect ?

Can we now say Jesus physical body isnt perfect ?

When Jesus resurrected .. He still had a human body
But when He ascended to Heaven .. His body changed
This is because flesh and blood cannot enter into Heaven
The body He has in Heaven now is flesh but there is no blood in it
At His incarnation Jesus took on human flesh, and at His resurrection His body was glorified still retaining the scars so that the disciples will recognize him
Again .. when He ascended to Heaven .. the glorified body became as it should be so that He can be in Heaven ....
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Peacefullove: 1:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
Junia:

, can you prove the bold ?

More is : Does the bold not prove this verse of the Bible is a Lie ?

" the life of ANY Flesh is the blood itself " Leviticus 17 verse 14

Is the above verse a Lie since Jesus flesh has no blood ?

If it has no blood , according to this verse . it means Jesus have a lifeless dead stinking flesh , u agree ?

At His incarnation Jesus took on human flesh, and at His resurrection His body was glorified still retaining the scars so that the disciples will recognize him
Again .. when He ascended to Heaven .. the glorified body became as it should be so that He can be in Heaven ....

Sorry bro @ bold , the question is not WHY he retained the scars . the question is , does the scars not proof his human body has defects , that its damaged and not a Perfect one ?
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 14, 2017
Peacefullove:

Hahaha the bold is very hilarious, I must ask that the body he died with has BLOOD , isnt it ? Does it mean another body was Made for him when he was ressurected?

And besides , can you prove the bold from your bible?

More is : Does the bold not prove this verse of the Bible is a Lie ?

" the life of ANY Flesh is the blood itself " Leviticus 17 verse 14

Is the above verse a Lie since Jesus flesh has no blood ?

If it has no blood , according to this verse . it means Jesus have a lifeless dead stinking flesh , u agree ?

Sorry bro @ bold , the question is not WHY he retained the scars . the question is , does the scars not proof his human body has defects , that its damaged and not a Perfect one ?

Its simple
Just as flesh and blood cannot inherit Heaven
A glorified body cannot stay on this earth
So His body was not glorified yet when He appeared to the disciples
It was glorified when He ascended to Heaven
Now concerning life being in the blood
A perishable body has blood
An imperishable body doesnt have blood because a body with blood will surely perish
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Peacefullove: 2:21pm On Jan 14, 2017
Junia:

Its simple
Just as flesh and blood cannot inherit Heaven
A glorified body cannot stay on this earth
So His body was not glorified yet when He appeared to the disciples

It was glorified when He ascended to Heaven

NO, not according to the first bible quote u give on this thread which says for resurrection of the dead, it is sown in dishonour and raised in GLORY " 1 Corinthian 15

If he wasnt glorified when he appeared to his disciples, it means the above verse is a Big Lie , he wasnt raised in Glory ?

Number two, does the scars on his body not prove it has defects, its damaged and not perfect ?

Now concerning life being in the blood
perishable body has blood
An imperishable body doesnt have blood because a body with blood will surely perish

No, don't twist

" the life of ANY flesh, is the blood itself " . NOTE: ANY FLESH , AnY

So is this verse a Lie ? Note , any flesh , and Jesus still have flesh .

A perishable body has blood, by perishable I believe you are referring to this Human flesh , isnt it ?

So can we conclude Jesus have a perishable body since he still have human flesh?
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
Peacefullove:

NO, not according to the first bible quote u give on this thread which says for resurrection of the dead, it is sown in dishonour and raised in GLORY " 1 Corinthian 15

If he wasnt glorified when he appeared to his disciples, it means the above verse is a Big Lie , he wasnt raised in Glory ?

Number two, does the scars on his body not prove it has defects, its damaged and not perfect ?

No, don't twist

" the life of ANY flesh, is the blood itself " . NOTE: ANY FLESH , AnY

So is this verse a Lie ? Note , any flesh , and Jesus still have flesh .

A perishable body has blood, by perishable I believe you are referring to this Human flesh , isnt it ?

So can we conclude Jesus have a perishable body since he still have human flesh?

Jesus' body was raised in Glory
But it didnt appear to the disciples glorified
The glorified body goes straight to Heaven when it is raised .. it doesnt stay on the earth
And since He wanted to show himself to the disciples .. He chose to appear to them with the perishable body so that they will recognize Him
So though the body was glorified when He was raised .. He cant stay on earth with a glorified body .. so He decided to come to them with the perishable body

And concerning the life of any flesh being in the blood
1 Corinthians 15 : 44
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

The spiritual body or flesh doesnt need blood to live
The scripture you quoted should not be interpretated out of context
It was actually talking about the Israelites not drinking blood because it contains life
And the spiritual body doesnt have blood because it is spiritual ... that is why it cannot die or perish
A body with blood can die or perish
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Drdreyy: 3:01pm On Jan 14, 2017
Junia:

This is one attitude/attribute i strongly dislike among fellow Christians, we never want to admit that there are certain things we do not know/can never know as humans.

Deuteronomy 29:29 says "the secrete things belongs to God............. ......" We should stop interpreting the Bible in ways that suits us.

Now take a look at the bolded statement in your write up. How do you know that? You speak authoritatively like someone with absolute knowledge, are you God?

I like Muslims for one thing, if you ask them anything that is beyond human understanding, they will frankly admit that they don't know it., that it's only God that knows that.

But as Christians, we still Like to look for ways of answering such questions. WE CAN NEVER BE AT PAR WITH OUR CREATOR IN TERMS OF KNOWLEDGE OR ANYTHING for that matter. We must learn to admit that there are certain things that are beyond human knowledge/understanding and are not explainable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Peacefullove: 3:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
Junia:

Jesus' body was raised in Glory
But it didnt appear to the disciples glorified
The glorified body goes straight to Heaven when it is raised .. it doesnt stay on the earth
And since He wanted to show himself to the disciples .. He chose to appear to them with the perishable body so that they will recognize Him
So thou the body was glorified when He was raised .. He cant stay on earth with a glorified body .. so He decided to come to them with the perishable body

Now uv changed

Earlier it was his body was not glorified yet when he appeared to his disciples . and it was glorified when he ascend to heaven

Now its it was raised in Glory which means it has been glorified the moment he was raised NOT when he ascend to heaven as you first postulate. grin grin

Seems you dont even understand what you are teaching me sef grin

My simple question now is : Differentiate between a glorified body and a Perishable body which he choose to appear in ? Are BOTH HUMAN FLESH ?

And concerning the life of any flesh being in the blood
1 Corinthians 15 : 44
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

The spiritual body or flesh
doesnt need blood to live
The scripture you quoted should not be interpretated out of context
It was actually talking about the Israelites not drinking blood because it contains life
And the spiritual body doesnt have blood because it is spiritual ... that is why it cannot die or perish

Before I refer you to the bible quote u gave, look at the bold . You called the spiritual body , flesh. But is that what the bible u quote said ?

" if there is a natural body, there is a Spiritual one"

The natural body I believe is this body of Human flesh , i stand to be corrected .. Because as far that bible quote is to be taken relevant here, telling us Jesus have human flesh means he still has a NAtural body .

So what is the spiritual body ? Does it have flesh ?
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 14, 2017
Drdreyy:

This is one attitude/attribute i strongly dislike among fellow Christians, we never want to admit that there are certain things we do not know/can never know as humans.

Deuteronomy 29:29 says "the secrete things belongs to God............. ......" We should stop interpreting the Bible in ways that suits us.

Now take a look at the bolded statement in your write up. How do you know that? You speak authoritatively like someone with absolute knowledge, are you God?

I like Muslims for one thing, if you ask them anything that is beyond human understanding, they will frankly admit that they don't know it., that it's only God that knows that.

But as Christians, we still Like to look for ways of answering such questions. WE CAN NEVER BE AT PAR WITH OUR CREATOR IN TERMS OF KNOWLEDGE OR ANYTHING for that matter. We must learn to admit that there are certain things that are beyond human knowledge/understanding and are not explainable.

Ok thank you
The reason why i said that is because of the fact that the heavenly bodies do not perish
Now if the life of the flesh is in the blood and you think the body in heaven has blood .. then it can perish as well ..
Therefore if spiritual bodies dont die .. then
1. It is because they dont have blood
2. They may have blood but dont depend on blood for survival

We shouldnt argue on this though
I havent been to Heaven to see one though
So lets just end it here
Thank you
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 14, 2017
Peacefullove:

Now uv changed

Earlier it was his body was not glorified yet when he appeared to his disciples . and it was glorified when he ascend to heaven

Now its it was raised in Glory which means it has been glorified the moment he was raised NOT when he ascend to heaven as you first postulate. grin grin

Seems you dont even understand what you are teaching me sef grin

My simple question now is : Differentiate between a glorified body and a Perishable body which he choose to appear in ? Are BOTH HUMAN FLESH ?

Before I refer you to the bible quote u gave, look at the bold . You called the spiritual body , flesh. But is that what the bible u quote said ?

" if there is a natural body, there is a Spiritual one" , the logic is the spiritual body is a total different body from the natural body which is flesh .

The natural body I believe is this body of Human flesh , i stand to be corrected .. Because as far that bible quote is to be taken relevant here, telling us Jesus have human flesh means he still has a NAtural body .

So what is the spiritual body ? Does it have flesh ?

Well i cant actually tell whether the spiritual body has flesh or not
But Jesus was glorified but chose to show His wounded body to the disciples so that they would recognize Him
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Peacefullove: 3:17pm On Jan 14, 2017
Junia:

Ok thank you
The reason why i said that is because of the fact that [b) the heavenly bodies do not perish [/b]
Now if the life of the flesh is in the blood and you think the body in heaven has blood .. then it can perish as well ..

So lets just end it here
Thank you

Do angels have heavenly bodies ? Are they flesh ?

If the logic of angels in Christianity is they dont have flesh , then its logical to conclude they dont have blood either

But if Jesus have flesh, how could he not have blood if the life of any Flesh is in the blood ?
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Peacefullove: 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2017
Junia:

Well i cant actually tell whether the spiritual body has flesh or not
But Jesus was glorified but chose to show His wounded body to the disciples so that they would recognize Him

A spirit does not have flesh " says Jesus

Do angels have spiritual bodies? Do they have flesh?
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 14, 2017
Peacefullove:

Do angels have heavenly bodies ? Are they flesh ?

If the logic of angels in Christianity is they dont have flesh , then its logical to conclude they dont have blood either

But if Jesus have flesh, how could he not have blood if the life of any Flesh is in the blood ?

In Heaven .. Jesus' body is spiritual
So as to whether the spiritual body has flesh or not .. i cant tell
Angels were actually created differently from human so you cant tel how they look like
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Drdreyy: 3:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
Junia:

Ok thank you
The reason why i said that is because of the fact that the heavenly bodies do not perish

So lets just end it here
Thank you

The two bolded statements above stresses the point i was trying to make. You do not have absolute knowledge on the issue. And your use of "may" further proves that.
I doubt if anybody has either, even Bible scholars have divergent views on it.

Anyway, like you said, let's end it there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 14, 2017
Peacefullove:

A spirit does not have flesh " says Jesus

Do angels have spiritual bodies? Do they have flesh?

Angels are spirits
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Drdreyy: 3:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Peacefullove: 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2017
Junia:

In Heaven .. Jesus' body is spiritual
So as to whether the spiritual body has flesh or not .. i cant tell
Angels were actually created differently from human so you cant tel how they look like

U cant tell , yet you declared boldly that Jesus still have flesh body in heaven uhm ? , I can't count how many times have read that sentence on NL that Jesus have flesh in heaven, funny

Am not asking how angels are created pls, since you said Jesus body is Spiritual . the purpose of applying the logic of angels is ; are angels beings with natural bodies or spiritual bodies ? If they are spiritual, do they have flesh ?

Answer that , and lets apply that logic to let us know if Jesus have flesh or not
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Peacefullove: 3:36pm On Jan 14, 2017
Junia:

Angels are spirits

And Do spirits have flesh ?

What do you mean by Jesus body is Spirit ual, he is a spirit too ?
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 14, 2017
Peacefullove:

U cant tell , yet you declared boldly that Jesus still have flesh body in heaven uhm ? , I can't count how many times have read that sentence on NL that Jesus have flesh in heaven, funny

Am not asking how angels are created pls, since you said Jesus body is Spiritual . the purpose of applying the logic of angels is ; are angels beings with natural bodies or spiritual bodies ? If they are spiritual, do they have flesh ?

Answer that , and lets apply that logic to let us know if Jesus have flesh or not

Angels are spiritual
I dont know but i believe there is a spiritual flesh .. which may have a different name which i dont know
Many people see Angels in vision .. they have hands and legs which are called body in this realm
So i dont know the name given to that in Heaven
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
Peacefullove:

And Do spirits have flesh ?

What do you mean by Jesus body is Spirit ual, he is a spirit too ?

The scripture says there is a spiritual body
That it what Jesus have now
So as to whether the spiritual body has flesh or not .. i dont know
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Peacefullove: 6:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
Junia:

Angels are spiritual
I dont know but i believe there is a spiritual flesh .. which may have a different name which i dont know
Many people see Angels in vision .. they have hands and legs which are called body in this realm
So i dont know the name given to that in Heaven

you said " Angels are spirits "

Jesus said A spirit does not have flesh and bones

join the two statement and u will discover the bold is BIG trash grin

its either Jesus have flesh or he doesnt . cant be flesh and spiritual at the same time, thats the logic of his statement.
, comprehende ?
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Peacefullove: 11:47am On Jan 17, 2017
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by analice107: 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
Peacefullove:
No.1

No.2

Your mumu no be here oo.
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by analice107: 12:11pm On Jan 17, 2017
Peacefullove:
No.1

No.2

Your mumu no be here oo.

Who killed Muhammed?
Re: Two Questions For NL Christians by Peacefullove: 6:23pm On May 10, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Be Deceived By The Atheists And Other Agents Of Satan. Please Read... / Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. / Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.