Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Any Aptech Accp Graduant? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Any Aptech Accp Graduant? (8605 Views)

Studing Programming In Aptech. / NIIT Or Aptech / Aptech Accp/bsc. Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by Don1Dee(m): 7:04pm On Dec 27, 2009
Nairaland, the land of help! Gud people i want 2 ask if anybody in the house hav gone through aptech accp program, completed it and proceed abroad for the Bsc. I've been working for quite a while now on starting it cos i foresee it as a good option considering our rotten educational system. My point is to get the estimate of the money required to proceed abroad for the bsc after successfully completing the first phase in Nigeria so i don't start what i can't complete, this is becos is all my sweat, i hav nobody to fall back, hence i think i should make a good research and choice.
Plz, kindly help, if u don't know and know somebody that hav done it kindly link me with him.
God bless u all as i await ur genuine replies.
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by abhosts(m): 9:11pm On Dec 27, 2009
Why not visit an aptech center nearest to you and make inquiries?
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by DualCore1: 11:09am On Dec 28, 2009
Just have it in mind that the owners are not after your education but the money. AFAIK Aptech is owned by Indians, so is NIIT. I spent 3 years at NIIT studying Software Eng and used the diploma I got to migrate to a british university to complete my course in BSc Computer Science and its practices.
Before going to NIIT i checked out Aptech here.

You wonno know how bad these guys are?
Google "aptech complaints" and "niit complaints"

I'm not discouraging you but when these guys tell you something is red, please go and check for yourself to make sure it is red. Please don't bother verifying it is red from their front desks. The front desk pipz are stereotypes programmed to play what they are fed by the owners.
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by yawatide(f): 11:15am On Dec 28, 2009
Dual:
So are you saying a Nigerian University is better?
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by DualCore1: 4:05pm On Dec 28, 2009
I never went to one o, at this point I no know.

The typical NIIT style na to overload you with books and you are to come to class for 10 "quarters"(a "quarter" is 2 months in theory which is 50k naira) and they read the whole book for you then you go home. Their classrooms are impressive. In my time it wasn't really one person per computer it was more like one person for 3 computers (we used laptops too although its prohibitted but my course had immunity to that prohibition). We wld always write codes hoping we dont meet bugs, once we hit a bug, class close "faculty" (thts wht they call the lecturers) takes us out to drink and smoke for those who smoke grin

Sometimes we go just dey class with no faculty then we just get busy trying to break into their different networks to tiff the exam software grin

Then when i migrated to the university, na different ball game. Assignments (which involved lotsa coding) sometimes more than one a week.

NIIT just did rubbish with us, the overall result in my set was so bad that the university withdrew its affiliation from NIIT this year.

As far as the university was concerned they expected ALL of us to be top notch cuz of the diploma we came out of NIIT with and cuz NIIT had painted the diploma (called DNIIT) in fancy deceptive colors.

I'm speaking of 2-3 years ago, maybe things are better now. Some of the faculties they have now, we all graduated together.
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by yawatide(f): 4:39pm On Dec 28, 2009
na wa o! All this because our leaders have failed to take the necessary steps to ensure we don't suffer the level of unemployment that we are currently suffering sad
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by Don1Dee(m): 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2009
I have but you know what there said may be questionable, probably after collecting your money every man to himself and i don't want 2 enter one chance.
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by Don1Dee(m): 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2009
@Dual Core
Plz like how much and what did it cost you to migrate to the British university. I will appreciate and what can u advice me having seen the in and out.
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by DualCore1: 9:06pm On Dec 28, 2009
Spent roughly about 1mill for a total of 4 years. Let me break it down.

There are 10 quarters. In theory each quarter should be 2 months, but most times its 3 or 4.
Each quarter is 50k
So 10 quarters will be 500k

After the 10 Quarters, you get an Advanced National Diploma in Info Tech (HND Equivalent), its called DNIIT in NIIT. This is what I used to migrate to the British uni. I chose to study online cuz I had to be working here to pay ma fees.
The fee for the Brit Uni is about 470k. Duration there is 1 year (more like 9 months)

So in total its 970,000.00 Naira.

I started by paying for the first 2 quarters. I'm just remembering now that the money i paid for 'em 2 quarters was gotten from the first 3 websites I designed  grin.

You can use the DNIIT you get after the 10 quarters to get into Malaysian schools and you spend about 2 years to get your BSc. I dont really know much about this but if you want complete info I can redirect you to a friend who used he's to get into a uni in malaysia about 3 months ago.

In my humble opinion, NIIT and Aptech are ripping pipz off and frankly they tell too many lies and we fall for them thinking they have done us good. The biggest scam/lie NIIT pulls yearly is their "scholarship" program.
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by ebonyik(f): 11:46pm On Dec 28, 2009
@dual core. I will like to get intouch wit u if u don't mind. I tink I need pple like u to motivate me on wat to do, Got too many tins on ma mind to execute, Hit me bk. Tnx
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 29, 2009
Dual core u just sipt the truth, when i say it, pple are like Puzo, shut the f**k up,

Honestly, it is more better learning this shits from an expereeienced person than from NIIT,

Afterall the guy i learnt Webdesign from is a Sun Java Certified Programmers and best of all i met him through nairaland!!!!
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 29, 2009
sorry for the errors na nairaland probs
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by DualCore1: 12:39am On Dec 29, 2009
Donpuzo, yea the do-it-yourself stuff always works.
I see this thing as. . . you have a forest to cut, someone just shows you how to cut grass and the you cut freestyle into any direction you go and be good at cutting. I don't think anyone needs NIIT/ Aptech for that.

I just hate the fact that they are wickedly expensive and their prices never get a downward review year in year out. If the pricing is to change, its upward. Yet if you know how much they pay their faculties (lecturers), you will weep. What the faculties survive on is side jobs which in most cases get them into trouble by the time they are caught stealing company resources (which will include time) for the side jobs.

ebonyik:

@dual core. I will like to get intouch wit u if u don't mind. I tink I need pple like u to motivate me on wat to do, Got too many tins on ma mind to execute, Hit me bk. Tnx
Yea we can get in touch online smiley
my yahoo chat id is k_frill
I no be pro but i got some idea on stuff tongue

Too bad we may not be able to meet physically as there's a very slim chance we are in the same State.
I'm always on yahoo chat anyway. I'm always on email too sawyerrken[att]gmail[dott]com

In all I am not discouraging anyone to go to these places, i'm just telling ma story. Me I had to go through it as I had no choice. JAMB and I never understood each other tongue
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by ebonyik(f): 1:30am On Dec 29, 2009
@dual core. I ve added u to my chat. Realblessed2002@yahoo.com. Ope to talk wit u soon
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 31, 2009
Am currently doing the accp program at aptech and boy do they really suck.the indians don't give a shit that's one if u are expecting to learn everything from them forget it.i can tell you that i learnt everything i know frm nairaland. All they want is ur money am just there for the certificate cuz i read a lot on my own.my candid advice self tutoring will pay u.but if u want to study abroad then u can do it.but don't expect them to give u everything.which branch if marylamd holla at me.
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by Don1Dee(m): 10:05am On Dec 31, 2009
@pc guru
My point is after the Accp here in naija, do u know the estimate of hw much u will spent proceeding abroad, That is the koko i want to know so i no go enter one chance.
Waiting ur reply man.
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by yawatide(f): 11:25am On Dec 31, 2009
pc guru:

Speaking from a totally neutral standpoint, I don't think any one school, even harvard can teach you everything. As a matter of fact, I personally can state that I have used maybe 10% of what I learned in school in my work. What school taught me mainly is how to think for myself.

I salute you for taking the initiative in personal responsibility by teaching yourself. I also find it interesting (this is a compliment) that you have learned most of what you know via nairaland. That says/means a lot about this forum. Perhaps it should register for its own accreditation cool

Sometimes a certificate is just that, a certificate. that is why I personally put no value in them. At the end of the day, you have to demonstrate to me that you know what you claim you know and that I will enjoy working with/for you.

2 Likes

Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 03, 2010
well to be frank i haven't yet calculated the abroad plan cuz i'm still considering it, but i don't think aptech will pay for that they might just help facilitate securing a visa and school,the rest is up to the student but next week i can find out for you, @yawa yeah i mean it, i remember last year during nysc i had a 2 notebooks and was writing you and dhtml's thread that had to do with web design and in one to learn first forgotten the name, i still have the book i wrote everything on that forum into my note, and it paid off.that's why am here willing to give back to the community,
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by yawatide(f): 1:41pm On Jan 03, 2010
"pc guru":
i remember last year during nysc i had a 2 notebooks and was writing you and dhtml's thread that had to do with web design

Wow! I guess I need to write some books and open up a school then tongue
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by Don1Dee(m): 10:51am On Jan 04, 2010
pc guru
Thanks a bunch. Looking up for the next info from u. Once again, i appreciate
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by guru01(m): 1:16pm On Jun 04, 2010
@Pc guru
I have read thru this thread, and you said you are on accp program.
I know by now you will have gone a long way, and know much thing about the program. Pls, i need information from you about their accp/bsc program, i like you to share some information with me.
Thanks.
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by guru01(m): 1:22pm On Jun 04, 2010
@Don1Dee
have you started the program?
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by guru01(m): 1:25pm On Jun 04, 2010
@Don1Dee,
Havve you started the progarm?
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by calipso(m): 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2010
i think aptech ACCP is improved now
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by Dsense(m): 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2010
@Calipso, Are u of APTECH is improving bcs i've wanted to start d degree program ACCP/Bsc but still confused out what ppl are proclaim bout it, I meant that is not d good choice, pls enlighten me. wink
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by calipso(m): 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2010
@D-sense

Aptech has improved although it depends on the center you enroll, i made some inquiries few months ago for a friend and i was impress but the fees is far too expensive, anywaiz, the bottom line is that Aptech (ACCP) is better than NIIT (DNIIT), even a friend who works with NIIT confirmed it.
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by Dsense(m): 12:02am On Sep 19, 2010
@Calipso,thanx for this info.but could u pls mention d best centers in lagos according to ur research nd their fees. Big hug.
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by calipso(m): 12:29am On Sep 20, 2010
in Lagos is Victoria Island Center, why Abuja is Central area Center, the Afilliated schools usually send their representative to these center's to enlighten the student on admition procedures and credit transfer.
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by Dsense(m): 11:30am On Sep 20, 2010
Thanks man ,i'm very exited bout this info,but do u know bout the tuition fees nd other expenses? stay cool.
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by paramajit: 10:25am On Apr 04, 2011
PLEASE DO HELP ME OUT,
HAVING PROBLEM WITH ADMISSION AND I AM PLANNING TO GO TO APTECH FOR THE 2YRS PROGRAMME WHICH YOU PROCEED TO ABROAD AFTER FINISHING THE 2YRS PROGRAMMES TO OBTAIN YOUR DEGREE.
PLEASE KINDLY LET ME KNOW IF APTECH IF APTECH IS A GOOD PLACE TO GO AS I FELT NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES ARE WASTE OF TIME AND I JUST WANT TO FAST MY EDUCATION AS AGE IS NO LONGER ON MY SIDE.
Re: Any Aptech Accp Graduant? by royalknight1983: 11:49am On Aug 24, 2013
Hi Guys smiley

From my experience, I graduated from Aptech PH in 2008 (2006-2008) with an Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering, finished top of my class. The whole program cost almost 1 million naira. Our teachers were actually very good, the only problem was they skipped some modules since our main focus was to get the certificate and go to the UK where we thought we would re-learn what we were already learning at Aptech. We were 4 in the program, 3 succeeded in going to the UK to complete the Bachelor's program, I unfortunately was denied. So, I made up my mind to re-apply the following year, however in the meantime, I applied for a Faculty position at Aptech Victoria Island and was given the job in 2009. My salary was 35000 naira per month because they said I was on probation for 3 months, it was a difficult time. Eventually, during my 3 months stay, an agent from Malaysia came to advertise the university he represents. The package sounded good and affordable so I proceeded to apply. Long story short, I finished my Bachelor's program from a UK affiliated school in Malaysia in 2 years (2011) as my Aptech certificate could only exempt me from the first year. The latest gist from what I heard before I left Malaysia is that Aptech certificate is no longer accepted in Malaysia, one must complete the whole 3 years course with no exemptions. Secondly, Aptech certificate is not recognised by NYSC, my fellow Aptech colleagues who finished with me in Malaysia in 2 years, came back to Nigeria for NYSC and were denied because the "yeye" NYSC people said that an overseas certificate should be 3 years and not 2 years and Aptech is not recognized as a valid year. They further opened their "cockroach mouths" to tell my friends to do one year in a Nigerian university before they will be considered for NYSC. This was in 2011 anyway, my friends said they were fighting it but I don't know the stats of things now as I haven't been in touch for a while. Aptech PH is now closed by the way, I had to bug them seriously with diverse emails and phone calls before they released my certificates and books after I finished the course. So, there is currently no Aptech centre in PH.

(1) (Reply)

Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site / Find Out The Problems That Can Increase The Risk Of The Higher Bounce Rate / How To Make Pics Uncopyable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.