Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

SEO Basics -the First Steps To Higher Rankings In Search Engines - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SEO Basics -the First Steps To Higher Rankings In Search Engines (1041 Views)

5 SEO Tools To Improve Your Website Rankings In 2018 / SEO Basics: 6 Essentials When Optimizing Your Site / 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEO Basics -the First Steps To Higher Rankings In Search Engines by todhost(m): 8:43pm On Apr 04, 2017
Generating website traffic is such a crucial and important task for every webmaster. In some cases, not being able to generate traffic creates a problem and could lead to the failure of an online project. Generating natural, organic traffic is a sure way to remain in business and be very relevant. Quite often you will hear website managers asking the question: "How do I get traffic to my website?"

Being able to generate traffic for a website requires addressing and properly configring certain key areas of your website. This is the basic aspects of search engine optimization outsite improving the sppeed of your website. To best discuss this topic we should break this down into categories.

1. Title Tags
The title Should contain keywords and keyword phrases that are important to your site. Our recommended maximum number of characters for this tag is 60. Todhost tries not to go beyong 55 characters.
When counting your characters remember that spaces are considered as well.
Titles should appeal to the reader otherwise even a top position will lose a lot of clicks.
For example, "shoes,nike shoes,best shoes,review shoes," is unlikely to induce a click. What may induce a click would be like:
Shoes - Find out the latest styles on name brand shoes.
Re: SEO Basics -the First Steps To Higher Rankings In Search Engines by ipreach: 9:35am On Apr 05, 2017
good
Re: SEO Basics -the First Steps To Higher Rankings In Search Engines by gbeng2: 11:21am On Apr 05, 2017
Hi Guys, nice post on SEO above. I also stumbled on this amazing post about the 10 common SEO problems with Nigerian businesses and I feel every business owner that desires a strong SEO presence should read this.
http://wdc.ng/seo-problems-nigerian-businesses/
Re: SEO Basics -the First Steps To Higher Rankings In Search Engines by subscriptions: 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2019
The hallmark of any good content is ranking first page on search engine pages because really, nobody visits the second page of google for any reason unless when doing assignments. So how do you get your content to be SEO-certified so you can rank up there?

5 basic steps:
- Keep to the minimum number of characters for your titles and descriptions.
- Keep your page url short and concise. Don't overload your url with a bunch of keywords, you could get flagged off.
- Make use of internal links with relevant keywords so that when these keywords are searched for, the chances of your page popping up on are high. Do this moderately, don't go ham on this.
- Make good use of images and pay attention to their alternative text. Make sure you're using relevant keywords for this to boost your chances of visibility.
- The most important part-- your content(writing). You have to put out quality content that makes good and appropriate use of keywords.

SEO goes beyond this scope. Usually, SEO experts do more complex stuff like running the codes of your website to make sure it loads faster as this is also an important requisite, off-page SEO, keywords research, On-page SEO, permanent redirects and so many more. However, getting the basics right is a first step in the right direction.
Re: SEO Basics -the First Steps To Higher Rankings In Search Engines by SkyeAyers: 4:39pm On Feb 16, 2020
Ohhhha this seems like a fairly easy to understand guide for SEO. This can help me in many ways to get affordable seo at a certain larger benefit with the cost intact. I really appreciate this helpful piece of article.
Re: SEO Basics -the First Steps To Higher Rankings In Search Engines by LondonTruman: 12:48pm On Feb 20, 2020
The content here was actually very interesting to read, this is the first time I read about it. I wanted to know about SEO Agency Search Recon In Florida and I came across this post. I am not upset that I came here.

(1) (Reply)

You Are A Fraudster Google Blast Ipobexposed / Pinfeeds Digital Agency Lagos Nigeria / Website For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.