Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

... - Agriculture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (317271 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Alennsar(f): 11:42am On Oct 22, 2017
[ autho. r=EMMAACHILE post=6165835] They are still OK. What feed are you using and hope its finisher.[/quote]

ok then. m using vital before. but. I bought. Rico gardo finisher xterday
Re: ... by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 22, 2017
Theflint1:
Bosses, my birds at 3 weeks and five days. Any comments?
They are ok.
Re: ... by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 22, 2017
Alennsar:
[ autho. r=EMMAACHILE post=6165835]
They are still OK. What feed are you using and hope its finisher.

ok then. m using vital before. but. I bought. Rico gardo finisher xterday
Ok
Re: ... by kioboy(m): 11:53am On Oct 22, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I boiled the fresh leaves after blending. I served and break in between days. When I raised 12 week old broilers to 22 weeks, they were OK though on free range on 3 days continuous per week.

Moringa if applied with the right dosage doesn't lead to weight shed. What it does is, it makes the chicks consume less feed and a have a higher fcr.

With this little chicks, applying in small dosage will be key as the recommended dose from scholars range from 40ml to 100ml max per litre. I went with the lowest dosage though still supplemented with multivitamin.
I have not given any drugs since inception and hope to leave it that way.
I weighed one on day 15 and it was about 0.5kg. I still think they are on track.

I am about finishing the third bag today and I went with the new feed in town by Olam (Chikun feed)

@emma
this olams feed what is d DCP and M E for finisher and howmuch per bag?
Re: ... by Alennsar(f): 11:53am On Oct 22, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I boiled the fresh leaves after blending. I served and break in between days. When I raised 12 week old broilers to 22 weeks, they were OK though on free range on 3 days continuous per week.

Moringa if applied with the right dosage doesn't lead to weight shed. What it does is, it makes the chicks consume less feed and a have a higher fcr.

With this little chicks, applying in small dosage will be key as the recommended dose from scholars range from 40ml to 100ml max per litre. I went with the lowest dosage though still supplemented with multivitamin.
I weighed one on day 15 and it was about 0.5kg. I still think they are on track.

I am about finishing the third bag today and I went with the new feed in town by Olam (Chikun feed)

biko is chikun feeds beta Dan others?

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
Alennsar:

biko is chikun feeds beta Dan others?
Not really. Still testing. I would have gotten the super starter because the broiler starter I got was to be used from the 3rd week according to the written label.

kioboy:

@emma
this olams feed what is d DCP and M E for finisher and howmuch per bag?
4200 for super starter
4000 for starter/finisher

1 Like

Re: ... by shakyriri: 12:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
[quote author=EMMAACHILE post=61659988]

I am about finishing the third bag today and I went with the new feed in town by Olam (Chikun feed)[/quote
Yes.high dosage causes weight shed.
All the best.
You are doing good

1 Like

Re: ... by shakyriri: 12:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

What weight did u have at 22weeks?
Re: ... by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
shakyriri:

What weight did u have at 22weeks?
I raised 3 broilers (1 male, 2 female)
The female started laying eggs from the 15th week and its was daily. I lost one female due to broken eggs stuck at the vent.

Male=5.1kg
Female=4.9kg

2 Likes

Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 2:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
Smartademu:

How I gët this enzyme, my ister?
I usually buy bulk from India, you can check Feedmills around your area or importers of methionine, lysine and other feed addictives
Re: ... by shakyriri: 2:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
obiageIi:

I usually buy bulk from India, you can check Feedmills around your area or importers of methionine, lysine and other feed addictives
I need to knw you madam.are u Lagos or Ogun based? Can your India contact sell lactobacillus in powder form?
Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
shakyriri:

I need to knw you madam.are u Lagos or Ogun based? Can your India contact sell lactobacillus in powder form?
Farm is at Ogun state, I don't know if they have lactobacillus, I have been reading about it on Nairaland.

How effective is this lactobacillus,
Cc Oga EMMAACHILE and turks

Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Day 16
I modified my herbs a little and bought powervit to supplement.
Dosage: 40ml/1 litre per 20 broilers in 3 days. In between those days, I give powervit multivitamin.

For 100 broilers, dose will be 200ml/5 litres in 3 days eg Monday, Wednesday and Fridays

Mixture this time: moringa + cashew leaves + pawpaw leaves in ratio 2:2:1

Have been using for a week now. I simply blended the leaves and boiled for 5 minutes. Allow to cool, sieve and refrigerated it. I have about 2 litres of the mixture in my fridge now.

Advantage of the mixture: Less reliance on antibiotic or any drug including anti cocci, deworming ones.

Side effect of the drug: The chicks will take more water than normal just like when a person takes moringa.

My take is this; herbs are best used to prevent and not cure. If I leave my litter to long, I see the chicks trying to develop diarrhoea (watery stool) which will take the herbs a longer time (2 days or more) to stop unlike conventional drugs (instantly). But if you are consistent in applying the herbs in water, and the house clean, you might not use conventional drugs.
Oga Emma don't forget pictures o
Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 2:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
Theflint1:
Bosses, my birds at 3 weeks and five days. Any comments?
3wks? That's impressive. What's their weight and which hatchery did you buy from

1 Like

Re: ... by shakyriri: 2:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
obiageIi:

Farm is at Ogun state, I don't know if they have lactobacillus, I have been reading about it on Nairaland.

How effective is this lactobacillus,
Cc Oga EMMAACHILE and turks
Lucky me.am in kobape abeokuta.just before buhari estate.am visiting u soonest ma.first to get your plumber to come do my ni.pple line.
Lactobacillus is probiotics.
It's good for your birds guts and even hygiene
I add to their water.
I use in feed fermentation.
I also use it welcome doc as they enter farm,by spraying
I also use it to spray my litter ,cos I cant pack litter.
I just spray.turn litter and add new layer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
shakyriri:

Lucky me.am in kobape abeokuta.just before buhari estate.am visiting u soonest ma.first to get your plumber to come do my ni.pple line.
I add to their water.
That's really interesting.
Re: ... by Turks: 2:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
Couldnt agree more! MAda Sshakirah always on point
shakyriri:

I add to their water.
Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 5:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
shakyriri:

I add to their water.
Do you mean you don't change litter at all? You use one litter for several stocks, you just add more layer
Re: ... by shakyriri: 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
[quote author=obiageIi post=61669398]
Do you mean you don't change litter at all? You use one litter for several stocks, you just add more layer[/quote
Just a set ma.after am done with the set.i pack all litter to compost bin.
Then disinfect pen with polidine from animalcare.]
Re: ... by shakyriri: 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
Turks:
Couldnt agree more! MAda Sshakirah always on point
Thanks boss.i dey follow Ur steps sir.
Re: ... by uchpanila(m): 8:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
Turks:
LOL. Can you follow our page on IG? Preemah_ You'll see testimonials of people who raised their birds without vaccines or antibiotics. And yes, there's an organic chart

what about people that are not on IG, how will they follow up?
Re: ... by Turks: 9:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
Send us a PM on whatsapp 08026360598
uchpanila:

what about people that are not on IG, how will they follow up?
Re: ... by Theflint1(m): 9:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
Thanks grin grin grin. Weight, I haven't checked, considered doing so today. I'd check tomorrow and update you. I bought from Agrited.
obiageIi:

3wks? That's impressive. What's their weight and which hatchery did you buy from
Re: ... by jeckin205: 10:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I raised 3 broilers (1 male, 2 female)
The female started laying eggs from the 15th week and its was daily. I lost one female due to broken eggs stuck at the vent.

Male=5.1kg
Female=4.9kg

HI, what will be the performance of broiler chicken that is fed broiler starter up to 8weeks of age. Pls, any body opinion will be welcome
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 23, 2017
jeckin205:

HI, what will be the performance of broiler chicken that is fed broiler starter up to 8weeks of age. Pls, any body opinion will be welcome
.Watery poo because of high crude protein.
.Poor calcium nutrient may lead to poor bone formulation
.More feed consumption due to low metabolism energy.

Why use starter all through? Starter is best for the first four weeks of life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by obiageIi(f): 10:09am On Oct 23, 2017
Theflint1:
Thanks grin grin grin. Weight, I haven't checked, considered doing so today. I'd check tomorrow and update you. I bought from Agrited.
I'll be waiting
Re: ... by uchpanila(m): 10:25am On Oct 23, 2017
obiageIi:

I'll be waiting

I like your work, keep it up.

Please I need to get somethings from you, how do I contact you?
Re: ... by kripen(m): 10:35am On Oct 23, 2017
Please your response. my broiler of 6weeks, have fallen comb what should be the reason.
Re: ... by uchpanila(m): 10:42am On Oct 23, 2017
Actually it's my first time and they are 8 weeks today, 50 in number and fatality of 5 remaining 45. The pictures were taken 4 days ago.

Booked through a friend who is guiding me. Agrited the male line, he told me it will be in a proportion of at least 80/20 Male/Female but I am seeing 60/40.

Feed used:
Pre Stater from day 1-7
Benza starter from day 8-35
Benza finisher from 35 till date

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 23, 2017
obiageIi:

Oga Emma don't forget pictures o
Day 18

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 23, 2017
Thermometer. Lokoja temp at about 10.30am
Chicken coop

Re: ... by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 23, 2017
kripen:
Please your response. my broiler of 6weeks, have fallen comb what should be the reason.
A picture would have been best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.