Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter (6386 Views)

Who Killed It: Beyoncé Knowles-carter VS Jennifer Obayuwana / Beyonce And Jay-z To Buy Michael Jackson's $100m Home (PHOTO) / Mariah Carey, Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Lopez: Who Is Most Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by whiteroses(f): 3:10am On Dec 28, 2009
The power couple, who wed in a private ceremony in April 2008, will exchange surnames. Jay-Z, real name Shawn Carter, will now be known as Shawn Knowles-Carter. Beyonce will keep Jay’s last name and remain Beyonce Knowles-Carter as listed on the wedding certificate.
http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2009/12/25/22076571.aspx

Jayz no dont do it  cry
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by whiteroses(f): 3:19am On Dec 28, 2009
^^ lol pusi whipped indeed, she must have got him all loved up, any naija girl that tries this is getting a divorce that day lol
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by Nobody: 3:27am On Dec 28, 2009
some AA men do take on their wife's last name.

they can be flexible in that regard.
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by Kunbee: 3:30am On Dec 28, 2009
Ehn ehn what is there undecided
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by whiteroses(f): 3:32am On Dec 28, 2009
kunbee you so silly lol its just abnormal i cant imagine da hubby changing is name to ade**** even i'd be disgusted
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by aieromon(m): 3:35am On Dec 28, 2009
For Beyonce,i would do just about anything.
I bear no harsh feelings,Jay.We both know you're enjoyin' one of the most beautiful women ever created by God.
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by Kunbee: 3:39am On Dec 28, 2009
whiteroses:

kunbee you so silly lol its just abnormal i cant imagine da hubby changing is name to ade**** even i'd be disgusted

I know i am silly but if i catch u angry angry angry angry angry, its because you have been brain-washed that you have to change your surname and besides i will even like that for myself, my surname is just too precious to change like that
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by Nobody: 3:42am On Dec 28, 2009
LOL, I'm working towards getting a man that wouldn tmind bearing my last name sef kiss
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by A40(m): 3:48am On Dec 28, 2009
I had always thought it was some idle gossip and i still want to believe it is i have heard the rumor for a while and i don't get the rationale if its through heck the broad hasn't even given you kids yet!! Plus he is giving rival rappers ammo to record diss tracks for him
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by chiogo(f): 3:52am On Dec 28, 2009
Like I said before, more power to the people!!!

Abeg who even invented the rule that the woman has to change her last name and not the man? Abeg, let them bear each others' last names. grin
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by eldee(m): 4:04am On Dec 28, 2009
A-40:

I had always thought it was some idle gossip and i still want to believe it is i have heard the rumor for a while and i don't get the rationale if its through heck the broad hasn't even given you kids yet!! Plus he is giving rival rappers ammo to record diss tracks for him

Funny thing is . . . I see him being a catalyst for change in American culture.
I do it, everyone laughs . . . Hov does it, it becomes a trend.

Remember the outcry when he did a whole album with Linkin Park.
Right now, even Nas has a backing live band cheesy cheesy

Hov is a trendsetter. . .he'll surely change everyone's attitude to this, no sarcasm intended cheesy cheesy
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by Nobody: 4:06am On Dec 28, 2009
AA males taking on their wife's last name isnt a new thing. At least its not news to me.

maybe it will set a new trend for Nigerian men however.
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by eldee(m): 4:13am On Dec 28, 2009
tpia.:

AA males taking on their wife's last name isnt a new thing. At least its not news to me.

maybe it will set a new trend for Nigerian men however.

It's not the question of how new it is, I'm talking about it's social reception.
Jay-Z doing it will likely make the social acceptability sky-rocket.

Sumn like what Oprah and Ellen have done for gay people.
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by chiogo(f): 4:17am On Dec 28, 2009
MrCrackles:

How are we even sure he's getting the puss.y shocked
Jayz might not be chopping em cakes or backs. . . .

LOLOL Are you kidding me? They're married!! I'm sure he was getting some even before they married. lololol tongue tongue
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by ebonyz: 4:17am On Dec 28, 2009
Jayz is so intelligent
He is probably wants to do it because of more fame cheesy
dude will do anything to get people to talk abt him
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by MrCrackles(m): 4:19am On Dec 28, 2009
chiogo:

LOLOL Are you kidding me? They're married!! I'm sure he was getting some even before they married. lololol tongue tongue
Joe "Camel" looks like a fella who will crawl up to Bey in bed, demanding sex - And Bey will go like nah Jay, go meet Rhi-Rhi! grin
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by A40(m): 4:22am On Dec 28, 2009
eldee:

Funny thing is . . . I see him being a catalyst for change in American culture.
I do it, everyone laughs . . . Hov does it, it becomes a trend.

Remember the outcry when he did a whole album with Linkin Park.
Right now, even Nas has a backing live band cheesy cheesy

Hov is a trendsetter. . .he'll surely change everyone's attitude to this, no sarcasm intended cheesy cheesy

I doubt he would get away with this one

MrCrackles:

How are we even sure he's getting the puss.y shocked
Jayz might not be chopping em cakes or backs. . . .

Hahaha he must have hit that coochie at least a 1000 times
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by chiogo(f): 4:22am On Dec 28, 2009
MrCrackles:

Joe "Camel" looks like a fella who will crawl up to Bey in bed, demanding sex - And Bey will go like nah Jay, go meet Rhi-Rhi! grin
grin grin grin grin I don't think so. Why did you think she sang "Ego"?.  lipsrsealed grin
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by Muritala4sure: 5:51am On Dec 28, 2009
undecided Thats absoultly cracy. why do dis oyinbo pple behaving abnormal? Firstly,was the woman being d owner of her husband's house and now d mugu is abt to b named her finance's name. uh: dats weird
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by MrCrackles(m): 11:56am On Dec 28, 2009
Muritala4sure:

undecided Thats absoultly cracy. why do dis oyinbo pple behaving abnormal? Firstly,was the woman being d owner of her husband's house and now d mugu is abt to b named her[b] finance's name[/b]. uh: dats weird
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by Kx: 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2009
Jay Z wants to prove dat he can do anything for love.
I wonder what name he ll be when d marriage breaks up eventually.
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by frgy1: 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2009
hear wetin king of rap wan do.d guy don mara. if the family name must live, Y not sire a son and let d child cary his maternal grandfather's name (except of course if the Game is right lipsrsealed). that will be a lot less disgusting.
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 28, 2009
some African cultures do the same ie the man takes on his wife's surname after marriage.
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by pureminded: 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2009
Re: Jayz To Change Name To Sean Knowles For Beyonce's Legacy

Stunt.
, !  tongue
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by semid4lyfe(m): 1:26am On Dec 29, 2009
http://wordonthestreetsmag.com/rumors-jay-z-will-now-be-called-shawn-carter-knowles-huh/

Media sources are reporting that rapper Jay-Z AKA Shawn Carter will be taking on Beyonce’s Last name. How absurd is this rumor? Well sources are reporting that the reason for the move of Jay-Z taking on his wife Beyonce Knowles’ last name is an effort to maintain her family’s legacy.

The power couple, who wed in a private ceremony in April 2008, will exchange surnames. Jay-Z, real name Shawn Carter, will now be known as Shawn Knowles-Carte[/b]r. Beyonce will keep Jay’s last name and remain [b]Beyonce Knowles-Carter as listed on the wedding certificate.

According to an anonymous source, the move will ensure the Knowles name lives on, since Beyonce’s parents have no sons, and Beyonce sister Solange Knowles’ son Daniel Julez Smith, Jr carries his father’s last name.

“They want to keep Knowles because Beyonce’s parents didn’t have any sons and they’re keen to keep the name going strong, especially if they don’t produce any children themselves,” the source stated to the UK’s Daily Star.

@ topic
No biggie!! Shawn Knowles-Carter ain't too bad. At least it's better than Shawn Carter-Knowles grin grin

Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by whiteroses(f): 1:57am On Dec 29, 2009
No biggie!! Shawn Knowles-Carter ain't too bad. At least it's better than Shawn Carter-Knowles Grin Grin
lmao@ semid grin
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by Nobody: 3:30am On Dec 29, 2009
tpia.:

some African cultures do the same ie the man takes on his wife's surname after marriage.
For example. . . .
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by SeanT21(f): 4:54am On Dec 29, 2009
Muritala4sure:

undecided Thats absoultly cracy. why do dis oyinbo pple behaving abnormal? Firstly,was the woman being d owner of her husband's house and now d mugu is abt to b named her finance's name. uh: dats weird

I don’t give a damn what these idiots do. Thank God I peeked in and saw this wonderful post though. Mr. Muritala, U should be a comedian.
Re: Jay-Z To Be Known As Shawn Knowles-Carter by TOYOSI20(f): 5:08am On Dec 29, 2009
Ma friend was telling me about this yesterday, . . .i was like nahh, . . . .

she said they mentioned something about him trynna carry forth her legacy and all, . . . . .

iron sharppens iron, . . . .but even steel get level, . . .kudos B cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote’s Former Girlfriend Releases Pictures Of Them In The Gym Together / 18+ Only! Wanna Be Tonto: Princess Pemu Flaunts Her Massive Ass On Instagram / Music Star Cynthia Morgan Releases Sexy New Photos/Biography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.