Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

How Can A Drop-out Go Back & Acquire Testimonial? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can A Drop-out Go Back & Acquire Testimonial? (2956 Views)

I'm about to drop out of school!!!...I'm in serious depression!!!... Help!!! / Harvard Drop-out Vs Uniben Drop-out. Can't Stop Laughing / AAUA Student Writes Emotional Letter As He Drop Out Over High Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can A Drop-out Go Back & Acquire Testimonial? by Afrocandies(m): 7:20pm On Apr 05, 2017
Background

I have already completed my bachelors degree in the US, but now I live in Europe. I got admissions to a masters degree program in Austria and they require legalization of all the documents of previous education and birth certificate.

I have been (actually I sent someone) to the Ministry of Education in Abuja for legalization of my WAEC and NECO GCE (external candidate) results, but they claim they cannot provide eligibility letter unless I have testimonial from my secondary school.

Problem

The problem is this - in my SS2, I decided to sit the SSCE exams as external candidate and I made good grades. I decided not to return back to school since I already aced my exams. I thought to myself that if the external candidate results could get me into universities in Nigeria, then there is no need for me to return and complete SS3. Since then, I used my external candidate results for admission to OAU Ife and also to university in US.

Austria

I applied to a state university in Austria and just last week, I was informed that I scored well in the admissions interview and that all my documents (including the US bachelors degree which only required Apostille stamps) are okay except the birth certificate and high school diploma which needed to be legalized in Nigeria.

Now, Ministry of Education Abuja had no problem with legalizing the WAEC & NECO certificates, only that they are unable to provide eligibility letter. I believe the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will also have no problem stamping the Birth, WAEC & NECO certificates, but am afraid that the Austrian embassy may not super-legalize my certificates if they do not see eligibility letter despite that I already have WASSCE as external candidate and have completed bachelors degree in USA and also attended OAU Ife for about 3 years before leaving Nigeria.

My Questions

1) Does anyone know whether the Austrian embassy doesn't really require eligibility letter? I asked the school if they need anything else, but they said NO all they needed from me is to get full diplomatic accreditation of my my birth certificate and high school diploma. I am only worried that after paying 120 thousand naira for verification, they may turn me away as not having eligibility letter.

2) Is it possible to get testimonial from my secondary school even though I left them in SS2? Can someone who left school in SS2 to sit the SSCE exam as external candidate be given testimonial?

3) I do not want to present fake documents to the embassy or to any foreign por local authorities - so I am willing to endure the pains. What advice can you good people offer me please?

Thank you very much for your kind assistance.
Re: How Can A Drop-out Go Back & Acquire Testimonial? by Afrocandies(m): 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2017
issue solved. thanks
Re: How Can A Drop-out Go Back & Acquire Testimonial? by WiziAgoziee(m): 12:15am On May 04, 2017
Afrocandies:
Background

I have already completed my bachelors degree in the US, but now I live in Europe. I got admissions to a masters degree program in Austria and they require legalization of all the documents of previous education and birth certificate.

I have been (actually I sent someone) to the Ministry of Education in Abuja for legalization of my WAEC and NECO GCE (external candidate) results, but they claim they cannot provide eligibility letter unless I have testimonial from my secondary school.

Problem

The problem is this - in my SS2, I decided to sit the SSCE exams as external candidate and I made good grades. I decided not to return back to school since I already aced my exams. I thought to myself that if the external candidate results could get me into universities in Nigeria, then there is no need for me to return and complete SS3. Since then, I used my external candidate results for admission to OAU Ife and also to university in US.

Austria

I applied to a state university in Austria and just last week, I was informed that I scored well in the admissions interview and that all my documents (including the US bachelors degree which only required Apostille stamps) are okay except the birth certificate and high school diploma which needed to be legalized in Nigeria.

Now, Ministry of Education Abuja had no problem with legalizing the WAEC & NECO certificates, only that they are unable to provide eligibility letter. I believe the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will also have no problem stamping the Birth, WAEC & NECO certificates, but am afraid that the Austrian embassy may not super-legalize my certificates if they do not see eligibility letter despite that I already have WASSCE as external candidate and have completed bachelors degree in USA and also attended OAU Ife for about 3 years before leaving Nigeria.

My Questions

1) Does anyone know whether the Austrian embassy doesn't really require eligibility letter? I asked the school if they need anything else, but they said NO all they needed from me is to get full diplomatic accreditation of my my birth certificate and high school diploma. I am only worried that after paying 120 thousand naira for verification, they may turn me away as not having eligibility letter.

2) Is it possible to get testimonial from my secondary school even though I left them in SS2? Can someone who left school in SS2 to sit the SSCE exam as external candidate be given testimonial?

3) I do not want to present fake documents to the embassy or to any foreign por local authorities - so I am willing to endure the pains. What advice can you good people offer me please?

Thank you very much for your kind assistance.

Call me I will make eligibility letter happen for u
Zero seven zero six nine three two seven seven two five
Re: How Can A Drop-out Go Back & Acquire Testimonial? by Afrocandies(m): 5:36pm On May 09, 2017
WiziAgoziee:

Call me I will make eligibility letter happen for u
Zero seven zero six nine three two seven seven two five

Thank you. I contacted my school and got the testimonial with which I was able tpo process the eligibility letter.
Re: How Can A Drop-out Go Back & Acquire Testimonial? by Folasliva: 10:57am On Jan 20, 2020
Did u sit for exam before you got the testimonial?
Re: How Can A Drop-out Go Back & Acquire Testimonial? by hammed71(m): 2:04am On Apr 16
Afrocandies:

Thank you. I contacted my school and got the testimonial with which I was able tpo process the eligibility letter.
how were you able to do it I got a similar issue like you

(1) (Reply)

Students Mock Their Former Teacher Seen On Bike (VIDEO) / Is Nabteb Offer Government As A Subject? / Another Round Of Nebosh Training In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.