Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,222 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State (15676 Views)

A Refutation Benin Origin Hypothesis Of Most Anioma People / Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman / Naming Ceremony Of Alaafin Of Oyo's Twins With Memunat (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Ngozi123(f): 11:46pm On Apr 05, 2017
Afam4eva:

WOW, so your father is a politican? I don catch you today grin

No.

1 Like

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Ngozi123(f): 11:47pm On Apr 05, 2017
RedboneSmith:

I have.

Sorry. grin

Thank you smiley. How do you know so much about Ogbaru people?

1 Like

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by cheruv: 11:49pm On Apr 05, 2017
ehikwe22:
You see, you shouldn't a word into another word simply because it makes more sense. History should be about what was, what is and never what ought to be. Besides, ehi is not from Igbo language why are you concerned about if it makes sense in Igbo language? There's nothing like ahi. It's ehi in Ika and ashi in Enuani. It's from Bini language and has the same meaning and significance in Ika Land. In all our myths, legends and fairy tales, after God, next is Ehi and Ogiso. Other very significant figures are olokun and Ojuwu the devil.
Bia ehikwe you and your ika Bini crew should stop going into a frenzy over Igbo issues.
The Igbo you're sweating about is a collection of dialects of which your ika is the westernmost(whether you believe ika is an Igbo dialect is actually your ish) while isobo is the easternmost...or can you point to somewhere in Nigeria and tell me that the people there are Igbos
Now am talking about standard Igbo... And the way its built is by borrowing from Igbo dialects for terms not generally used,which means if we've to come to ika and borrow a terminology, we'd do it. For example the Igbo for fortress iga was gotten from ika actually. And if that doesn't exist in any of the dialects, we simply borrow from a neighbouring tongue and Igbonize it or we agglutinate.
Yes...ehi was borrowed from Edo by the ika for use as guardian spirit and was transmitted unchanged to the enuani who changed it to ashi bkos they can't pronounce the "h" sound. But now we're going to borrow it and Igbonize it to "ahi" using our standardization rules and let it serve as our terminology for aura
So tell me ehikwe....where and where in Nigeria do you find the Igbos Gimme locations

1 Like

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by RedboneSmith(m): 11:49pm On Apr 05, 2017
Ngozi123:

Thank you smiley. How do you know so much about Ogbaru people?

Why won't I know about my kin? Oshimili and Ogbaru are kin. We are all riverain people. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Ngozi123(f): 11:50pm On Apr 05, 2017
Afam4eva:

If you're from the Onitsha axis, they'll tell you that you're Anioma with links to bini

Personally, if i had my way, we should just cut off everyone from Delta and Rivers state. This insults are just too much. We have left more pressing issues to give some insignificant small groups the effrontery to act more important than they are. I've started becoming very wary of any so called Igboid person from Delta or Rivers state.

That would be a huge problem for someone like me as I consider some Anioma people from Delta state to be my brethren. My family has intermarried with them for years and that's how I know that they are proud Igbos. My grandmother was from Aboh, again, I can't reveal exactly who she is, and she was a very proud Igbo woman.

3 Likes

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Ngozi123(f): 11:51pm On Apr 05, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Why won't I know about my kin? Oshimili and Ogbaru are kin. We are all riverain people. smiley

Yep. Divided we fall, united we stand smiley.

RedboneSmith, you seem to know more about this than me. Is it just Oshimili people that Ogbaru/Onitsha people are related to or is it all of Enuani? I've done some research on the matter but some of my sources are conflicting.

3 Likes

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 11:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
Ngozi123:

That would be a huge problem for someone like me as I consider some Anioma people from Delta state to be my brethren. My family has intermarried with them for years and that's how I know that they are proud Igbos. My grandmother was from Aboh, again, I can't reveal exactly who she is, and she was a very proud Igbo woman.
Of course, there are proud Igbos from that axis but they're not dling anything to affirm to their Igboness. They keep quiet while people like Emeka Esogbue who are bent on disuniting Igbos are having a field day. If you come across some of these Anioma people who disclaim Igbo in real life, you'll hate them, i'm telling you. And i'm not talking about Ika or Ukwuani people. I'm talking about people from the Asaba area.

1 Like

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 11:54pm On Apr 05, 2017
Ngozi123:

Yep. Divided we fall, united we stand smiley.
Be very wary of the people you're uniting with.

2 Likes

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Ngozi123(f): 11:59pm On Apr 05, 2017
Afam4eva:

Of course, there are proud Igbos from that axis but they're not dling anything to affirm to their Igboness. They keep quiet while people like Emeka Esogbue who are bent on disuniting Igbos are having a field day. If you come across some of these Anioma people who disclaim Igbo in real life, you'll hate them, i'm telling you. And i'm not talking about Ika or Ukwuani people. I'm talking about people from the Asaba area.

Nwannem, those people are brainwashed; you can only present them with facts and leave the conversation. They'll eventually get their wake up call. All of the Delta Igbos I've met, both within and without my family, have been proud Igbos so all of the noisemakers don't faze me undecided.

2 Likes

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Ngozi123(f): 12:00am On Apr 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

Be very wary of the people you're uniting with.

Before I go any further, who exactly do you think I'm uniting with?

1 Like

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 12:01am On Apr 06, 2017
Ngozi123:

Nwannem, those people are brainwashed; you can only present them with facts and leave the conversation. They'll eventually get their wake up call. All of the Delta Igbos I've met, both within and without my family, have been proud Igbos so all of the noisemakers don't faze me undecided.
Many of them are not brainwashed like we'll like to think. They know exactly what they're doing. Present them with all the facts in the world, they've made up their minds not to be associated with anything Igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 12:03am On Apr 06, 2017
Ngozi123:

Before I go any further, who exactly do you think I'm uniting with?
Your supposed kits and kins from the other side of the Niger. They'll only like you and accept you if you can join them in the denying game I've studied these people like bible and know how they reason.

2 Likes

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by pazienza(m): 12:11am On Apr 06, 2017
The only thing i was able to take out from this
article is just another attempt by some people to
dissociate Anioma from the larger Igbos as much
as possible.

Unfortunately, going by the OP antecedents, the above is the aim of this thread.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by pazienza(m): 12:13am On Apr 06, 2017
I know of an Issele-Uku man called Biniamaka. I thought the name was a little funny
See them.

5 Likes

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by pazienza(m): 12:17am On Apr 06, 2017
" I came across a writup on the naming system of
the Anioma people on Facebook (Proudly Anioma
group) and I decided to share it here so that
everyone can be educated on Anioma onomastics.
See it below:"

Mischievous OP can't even bring himself down to mention the fact that the thread was culled from a group called "Proudly Anioma, Proudly Igbo", notice he stopped at "Proudly Anioma", while deliberately omitting the "Proudly Igbo" part of the group. Such is the character of the OP.

You Think his omission of the Igbo there was unintentional, but those of us in this field, know better.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Ngozi123(f): 12:22am On Apr 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

Many of them are not brainwashed like we'll like to think. They know exactly what they're doing. Present them with all the facts in the world, they've made up their minds not to be associated with anything Igbo.

Then just leave those ones. Focus on the ones who claim Igbo and get them to be more vocal about it. I know many who are proud Igbos. In fact, I don't think that I've met anyone from that axis that has denied their Igbo heritage.

4 Likes

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Ngozi123(f): 12:23am On Apr 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

Your supposed kits and kins from the other side of the Niger. They'll only like you and accept you if you can join them in the denying game I've studied these people like bible and know how they reason.

Nope. Everyone I know from that region is a proud Igbo person, both within and without my family. Some people may act like that but not all undecided.

Can you imagine me of all people denying my Igbo heritage? shocked No way.

3 Likes

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Ngozi123(f): 12:24am On Apr 06, 2017
pazienza:
The only thing i was able to take out from this
article is just another attempt by some people to
dissociate Anioma from the larger Igbos as much
as possible.

Unfortunately, going by the OP antecedents, the above is the aim of this thread.

I'm suspecting the op too. As I said before, if that was his intention then it's dead on arrival because some SE Igbos have those names too.

5 Likes

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by pazienza(m): 12:25am On Apr 06, 2017
My advice to the OP is to leave Igbo matters alone and concentrate on his Urhobo group.

I remember the last time you ventured on Ibibio-Efik-Annang issue, the people nearly had your head for dinner.

Leave Anioma issues for Anioma and SE to sort out, the diversity in Anioma is present in all Igbo border groups( Arochukwu/ Abriba, Nsukka, Aguleri/ Ayamelum, Ndoki/Etche/Ikwerre) and is same all over the world where ever two or more ethnic groups meet each other.

Focus more on Okpe intending split from Urhobo Ethnic group, it would do you alot better.

You had not long ago been on campaign of showing NL how non Igbo groups in SS would want no association with SE in the name of Biafra.

What do you intend to achieve with this thread?
To get Anioma people to deny SE too and embrace Edoids like you?

Is that what this thread is all about?

Better take your time.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Ngozi123(f): 12:29am On Apr 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

WOW, so your father is a politican? I don catch you today grin

Never mind, i know who your father is.

cheesy No way!

2 Likes

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 12:31am On Apr 06, 2017
Ngozi123:

cheesy No way!
I actually do. I did the math.

2 Likes

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Ngozi123(f): 12:32am On Apr 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

I actually do. I did the math.

He's not a politician.

1 Like

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by pazienza(m): 12:32am On Apr 06, 2017
Ngozi123:

I'm suspecting the op too. As I said before, if that was his intention then it's dead on arrival because some SE Igbos have those names too.

Trust me on this. That's his exact objective.

4 Likes

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 12:32am On Apr 06, 2017
Ngozi123:

He's not a politician.
Maybe not. But he's in the political circles.
Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Ngozi123(f): 12:36am On Apr 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

Maybe not. But he's in the political circles.

Yes. You're getting warmer. I'm still not sure that you know who he is though because there's a politician from Ogbaru that has the same last name as me. We might be distantly related but I'm not sure.

1 Like

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 12:37am On Apr 06, 2017
Ngozi123:

Yes. You're getting warmer. I'm still not sure that you know who he is though because there's a politician from Ogbaru that has the same last name as me. We might be distantly related but I don't think so.
Lol grin Are you trying to keep me off balance? grin

1 Like

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Ngozi123(f): 12:38am On Apr 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

Lol grin Are you trying to keep me off balance? grin

I have a feeling on who you might think it is. If you think that it's that person, then you're wrong. Not many young people will know who my dad is but some older people might.

1 Like

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 12:39am On Apr 06, 2017
Ngozi123:

I have a feeling on who you might think it is. If you think that it's that person, then you're wrong.
That's why i'm wondering why you say he's not a politician because anybody appointed into a position even if he's not elected is still somewhat a politician.

1 Like

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Ngozi123(f): 12:43am On Apr 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

That's why i'm wondering why you say he's not a politician because anybody appointed into a position even if he's not elected is still somewhat a politician.

When you say "politician", you're talking about national politics, like LGA Rep/ Governor or any ministerial position, right?

1 Like

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 12:43am On Apr 06, 2017
Ngozi123:

When you say "politician", you're talking about national politics, like LGA Rep/ Governor or any ministerial position, right?
Yeah, whether at the federal or state level. He could even be a man of God.

1 Like

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by Ngozi123(f): 12:46am On Apr 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

Yeah, whether at the federal or state level. He could even be a man of God.

No, he's not a politician in that capacity. Like I said, you'd probably not know him if you're young.

1 Like

Re: Naming System Of The Anioma People Of Delta State by paschu: 2:40am On Apr 06, 2017
Bro. seriously, that guy is a deeply DANGEROUS Igbo-hating bigot. His hatred is steep and extremely deep rooted. The worse part is that he glosses it up with barefaced hypocricy and treachery.

So bad that I once thought he was geninue only to find out that he is irredeemably damaged on the inside.

pazienza:
" I came across a writup on the naming system of
the Anioma people on Facebook (Proudly Anioma
group) and I decided to share it here so that
everyone can be educated on Anioma onomastics.
See it below:"

Mischievous OP can't even bring himself down to mention the fact that the thread was culled from a group called "Proudly Anioma, Proudly Igbo", notice he stopped at "Proudly Anioma", while deliberately omitting the "Proudly Igbo" part of the group. Such is the character of the OP.

You Think his omission of the Igbo there was unintentional, but those of us in this field, know better.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mayans' 2012 Prediction / The Fundamentals Of Odinani / Arrival Of A New Baby Amongst Ndigbo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.