Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) (33178 Views)

South African Man Shot Himself After Murdering His Cheating Wife (Graphic Pics) / Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers / Photos Of Daniel Ikoli, Naval Officer Who Was Found Dead At His Home In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by winkmart: 8:29am On Apr 06, 2017
The Fleet Commander, Western Naval Command, Apapa, Lagos State, Rear Admiral Daniel Ikoli, has allegedly shot himself dead in his residence in the Apapa area.

It was learnt that a service pistol, expended and live ammunition, were recovered at the scene by police detectives who visited the residence.

It was gathered that he lived with his house boy. His wife stays in Abuja, while his children are schooling abroad.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the commander, a member of the presidential committee investigating the $15bn arms deal, left his office on Tuesday around 1pm, on the grounds that he was ill.

Around 5am on Wednesday, the house boy reportedly heard a gunshot from his room. On getting to the spot, he found him dead and raised the alarm.

A source close to Okoli disclosed to our correspondent that he had been managing depression and an ailment for some time, adding that it was not impossible that he committed suicide.

The source, however, did not disclose the nature of the ailment.

He said,
“He was Commander, Nigerian Navy Ship BEECROFT, and was later appointed into the presidential committee that probed the arms deal. He was very lively and intelligent.
“But for some time now, he had been battling an illness and had lost weight. He had also become reserved lately, which was unlike him. He usually complained about the high dollar rate and unavailability of foreign exchange because he had children studying abroad.
“He left the office on Tuesday afternoon after complaining that he was not feeling fine. I was shocked this morning when I learnt he shot himself.”

Another source stated that bullets hit Okoli on the chest and he bled to death, adding that three expended bullets were found in his apartment.
He said, “The house boy said he heard a gunshot and was alarmed. He later went into Okoli’s room and found him in a pool of blood. His wife is in Abuja and his children school abroad. His aides usually leave after taking him home from office.
“Three bullets were seen in the room. No one can really tell what happened.
“He was a nice and intelligent officer. He was the one who spearheaded the renovations of BEECROFT when he was the commander.”

However, an officer, who claimed to have worked with the commander, said he usually expressed worries about the possibility of assassins going after him as a result of his membership of the presidential committee.

A competent source disclosed to PUNCH Metro that 17 rounds of 9mm live ammunition and three expended shells were recovered at the scene.

“A CZ 999 Scorpion Pistol, B/no. 17111 was also found. No suicide note was found. His corpse has been deposited in the Nigeria Navy Reference Hospital,” the source added.

The spokesperson for the Western Naval Command, Lieutenant Commander Chinwe Umar, said in a statement tagged, ‘Domestic Accident Involving a Naval Officer,’ that the cause of Ikoli’s death had yet to be known, adding that the police had commenced investigation into the case.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Olarinde Famous-Cole, said investigation had commenced, adding that the deceased had been deposited in a mortuary for autopsy.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-hndVQB0AQmk/WOXlAEw101I/AAAAAAADj3w/Sdeex9XjRUUYbRcRIfzOlEbWugwzXpCOACLcB/s1600/2017-04-06%2B09.48.46.png[/img]

http://punchng.com/naval-commander-shoots-self-dead-in-lagos/
Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by winkmart: 8:29am On Apr 06, 2017
Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by solpat(m): 8:32am On Apr 06, 2017
Na wa.

1 Like

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by pyyxxaro: 8:32am On Apr 06, 2017
Sad

I just de imagine the kin big big slap the house boy go don collect cry

Suicide is becoming a normal thing in 9jaa

The Truth wud def surface

3 Likes

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by ken19: 8:36am On Apr 06, 2017
I didn't read it...

someone summarise in 2 sentences

1 Like

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by K9Uneet(m): 8:37am On Apr 06, 2017
3 bullets? Suicide is ruled out. Abi na him ghost fire the remaining 2 bullets?

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by agitator: 8:43am On Apr 06, 2017
hmmmmmmmm sad sad sad
Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by blackboy(m): 8:51am On Apr 06, 2017
K9Uneet:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by AuroraB(f): 8:53am On Apr 06, 2017
pyyxxaro:
Sad

I just de imagine the kin big big slap the house boy go don collect cry

Suicide is becoming a normal thing in 9jaa

The Truth wud def surface
grin I thought of that big big slaps too grin
Edumare punish poverty angry

1 Like

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by airminem(f): 8:56am On Apr 06, 2017
Run Autopsy And Let The Truth Be Told How Many 9mm Clicks Are In His deadbody.
Stop All Road Side Conclusion Investigatim. Smh

8 Likes

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by mexxmoney: 9:12am On Apr 06, 2017
House boy don enter, we no get forensic investigation experts so na to question the eye witnesses. Every other person go dey say "I was not there o, it was his house help that informed me about it" na who house help go call say na him tell am about the death?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by jonadaft: 11:45am On Apr 06, 2017
Jonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by ekems2017(f): 11:45am On Apr 06, 2017
The houseboy go speak grammer tire.

This is one disadvantage of spouse staying apart. If he was depressed his wife would have helped him.

15 Likes

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by Tokziby: 11:45am On Apr 06, 2017
3 expended Bullet and houseboy only heard one gun shot...

I pity the poor houseboy. he may end up dead in prison or torture

Two possibilities

-it can be a suicide, if the two other bullet holes could be found in the lower part of the room, cos life arms can go off on its own when dropped. Hence its possible that after he shot himself, the gun fell to the ground and went off twice.

Or
Hired assassin first threatened him with two shots before shooting him on the chest. Besides that nobody would want to commit suicide with gun and point to his chest, its usually the head cos its more difficult pointing to chest.

Also the houseboy said he heard just one shot, they could have threatened the house boy not to say anything to cover up the murder.
If the Nigerian police are very good, they should conduct a thorough finger prints on the gun, walls and doors, and foot prints on the ground to know how many people were inside the room at the time he died.

My opinion would be inclined to a murder case cos of the 3 expended bullets, the houseboy hearing one shot. But God Knows best.

20 Likes

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by Lilimax(f): 11:46am On Apr 06, 2017
Na lie! There are more to this cooked up story embarassed shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by IMASTEX: 11:46am On Apr 06, 2017
Not again
Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by Dottore: 11:47am On Apr 06, 2017
Too bad. If a big man like this felt so hopeless wetin poor man go do.

1 Like

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by babablogger: 11:47am On Apr 06, 2017
This officer was in charge of investigating corruption cases in the Military his death should be investigated it might be murder cause i don't get why you would commit suicide by shooting yourself in the chest

3 Likes

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by xreal: 11:47am On Apr 06, 2017
which autopsy again?

just go and bury the remains and let him rest.
Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by Punctual(m): 11:48am On Apr 06, 2017
When you kill a killer, the number of killer remains thesame...BATMAN
but it is not so in this case,he killed himself

1 Like

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by napoleon77(m): 11:49am On Apr 06, 2017
I wonder if it takes bravery and courage to commit suicide or it's just a show of cowardice
Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by ExAngel007(f): 11:49am On Apr 06, 2017
I THINK THIS IS A CASE OF MURDER.

5 Likes

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by UgwuKristian: 11:49am On Apr 06, 2017
Old man like him still dey think about suicide, MTCHEW.
Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by eyinjuege: 11:49am On Apr 06, 2017
babablogger:
This officer was in charge of investigating corruption cases in the Military his death should be investigated it might be murder cause i don't get why you would commit suicide by shooting yourself in the chest

K9Uneet:

I wonder o.

Suicide fire!

He was murdered, maybe by people he has privy info about and wants to expose in the investigations of the arms deal.

9 Likes

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by Abbeyme: 11:49am On Apr 06, 2017
Another one?

This can't be suicide.

Some high-handed hired assassins must have carried out the operation.

Probe wella. Truth will prevail.

1 Like

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by ephi123(f): 11:50am On Apr 06, 2017
Lilimax:
Na lie! There are more to this cooked up story embarassed shocked shocked

Exactly. Second thread today on this issue, almost like they are trying to cover something up.

Which suicide will involve 3 bullets, how possible is that?!

4 Likes

Re: Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) by DollarAngel(m): 11:50am On Apr 06, 2017
A country that Lacks investigating intelligence

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Breaks Into A House To Rape A 7-Year-Old Girl In Calabar / Gunmen Storm Anambra Community, Destroy Vehicles (Photos) / Man Arraigned For Stealing Lover’s Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.