Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option (32386 Views)

FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase / Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations / Multichoice To Report Social Media Accounts That Live Streams 2019 Bbnaija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by Bigsteveg(m): 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2017
mustmust:
These guys are not serious. What has nigeria communication Commission got to do this. They even left out the sector regulator NBC

How many like for EFE

Assuming u get DSTV for house, u wont be saying this trash
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by Bigsteveg(m): 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2017
talk2archy:
God bless house of rep for this. imagine this criminals called dstv and gotv got me frustrated with their useless services. gotv was having serous network problem i later installed dstv not knowing that i was going from frying pan to fire. the most annoying is that dstv service line doesnt connect at all. useless south africans.

At all, the number does not connect at all
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by Bigsteveg(m): 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2017
erico2k2:

Tbh do you think that's fault of multi choice ? ?

Even in South Africa, it is pay as you use. Why is Nigeria different
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by Bigsteveg(m): 7:06pm On Apr 06, 2017
smartty68:

The guy deserves more than that, he need something to reset his sense
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by Deilluminator(m): 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2017
PLEASE, FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD WORK ON THE 9JA FREE TV AND LET'S FORGET ABOUT THIS SOUTH AFRICAN STUFF JARE.
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by erico2k2(m): 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2017
odimbannamdi:
This is a welcomed development! For once, our lawmakers are proving their mettle

This present payment method favours only the PayTv company as it doesnt matter whether people watch their TV or not, every 30days they will be compelled to subscribe afresh. People should pay for what they watch/use. That is how it is done even in South Africa, the country of origin of DSTV

However, if this succeed, our regulatory bodies must prevail on PayTv companies to fix a reasonable rate per hour. Otherwise, we will find ourselves be shortchanged even more than now.

#PayAsYouWatch
But you are wrong mine is watched 30 days of the month
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by erico2k2(m): 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2017
Bigsteveg:

Even in South Africa, it is pay as you use. Why is Nigeria different
pay as U go for some program not the package, plz enlighten me
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by erico2k2(m): 7:25pm On Apr 06, 2017
Bigsteveg:

Ask yourself this question, if you get light would this be an issue?
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by begwong: 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2017
And it's pay as you watch in South Africa oooooh. Hope it turns out to be positive in favor of Nigerians.
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by begwong: 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2017
And it's pay as you watch in South Africa oooooh. Hope it turns out to be positive in favor of Nigerians.
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by Stanbeto: 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
Hope it works, welcome development
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by 2shur: 8:04pm On Apr 06, 2017
Una remember dis song sound sultan feat one Yoruba comedian luke dat wey geh tribal mark.him sef dey rap. Na one of im raps be dis.Abi genevieve na the only genevive wey be genevive. Lol. U jus dey repeat dstv ..shuuo na song..
L0velyn:
why does DSTV advertises DSTV on DSTV for those who already have DSTV to get another DSTV? undecided
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by mickool(m): 8:09pm On Apr 06, 2017
Tlaks without actions!! Since they have been increasing tarrifs what have The house of RAPS done to prevent further increase?? Nothing!! Instead they will go behind and collect money from the company and the whole issues die down.
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by mustmust(m): 8:26pm On Apr 06, 2017
tribalistseun:
it's like you don't have any sense. You go secondary school? Abi na i'mbecile you be.

Oga it's u and your generation that is foolish and i'mbecile. Look I am with the consumer protection council and I can tell you everything about the orders that was issued to dstv and it's compliance issues. And I can lecture you on all the dstv wahala more than you know. You don't talk issues based on sentiment. You say it based on facts. A lot of people are canvassing for pay as you go the CPC does not have that powers yet until it becomes a competition commission, if they do dstv takes them to court and they will be floored. My guy when the competition law is passed cpc has powers to even bring down the subscription of Dstv. Dstv is broadcasting and falls under the supervision of Nigeria broadcasting commission and not nigeria communication Commission. It's like investigating mtn and leaving out nigeria communication Commission and inviting national pension commission. I stand by what I said. I tell you there is no competition law yet in Nigeria and nothing can stop dstv not even the house of reps unless the public outcry becomes so much and they decide to stop it.. The competition law is the way out my brother it will break monopoly like dstv, dangote etc, forcing its price down naturally and increase competition of goods and services . Don't show ur foolishness here. I know what I said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by mustmust(m): 8:31pm On Apr 06, 2017
badmrkt:
so whats ur point now?

My point is that the sector regulator of broadcasting which dstv falls under which is nigeria broadcasting commission should be brought into this
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by Topmaike007(m): 8:37pm On Apr 06, 2017
startimes rock
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by mustmust(m): 8:44pm On Apr 06, 2017
DollarAngel:

Am disappointed

Your disappointment should be in your self. Why do you leave out The sector regulator of broadcasting which is nigeria broadcasting commission and invite nigeria communication Commission? What do they have to do with broadcasting?? It's like investigating mtn and leaving out nigeria communication Commission and inviting national pension commission. Please be disappointed in your self and your house of reps who can't think
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by mustmust(m): 8:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
eflintsone:
must you display your gross stupidity ?? if you dont have what to say why not just read comments and get tha f**k out

I won't even answer you because you don't seem informed. Do you know the sector regulator of dstv. Is it NCC or NBC. Go and read up and stop showing ur stupidity with your house of reps
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by earthcrust: 8:58pm On Apr 06, 2017
How many channels can u watch at a time, how many hours do u have light in a day, if it is true that u cannot watch more than one channel at a time, there is no sense in forcing ppl to pay 4 what they don't consume. Pay as u go.
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by GreatZaza(m): 9:07pm On Apr 06, 2017
mustmust:
These guys are not serious. What has nigeria communication Commission got to do this. They even left out the sector regulator NBC

How many like for EFE
they do this you guyz complain, they do that you complain, even this feat that all should celebrate.. you are only after the part that they did not do well. I pray you get to their level one day. Mr I know it all
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by mustmust(m): 9:18pm On Apr 06, 2017
GreatZaza:

they do this you guyz complain, they do that you complain, even this feat that all should celebrate.. you are only after the part that they did not do well. I pray you get to their level one day. Mr I know it all

Why do you leave out The sector regulator of broadcasting which is nigeria broadcasting commission and invite nigeria communication Commission? What do they have to do with broadcasting?? What will NCC tell you about digital broadcasting? It's like investigating mtn and leaving out nigeria communication Commission and inviting national pension commission. I don't think you are serious at all. A house of reps of over 300 members ?? It's too big and stupid a mistake to make. Besides how many companies will they investigate?? Cement, Maggie, onions crayfish?? Pass a competition law and watch how monopoly of dstv and the rest will be broken and the economy will become competitive and prices will come down period
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by odimbannamdi(m): 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
folem:
http://theeagleonline.com.ng/what-they-wont-tell-you-about-pay-as-you-watch-tv-dstv/

What They Won’t Tell You About Pay-As-You-Watch  TV – DSTV

This was very expository. Thank you
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by mustmust(m): 10:18pm On Apr 06, 2017
Bigsteveg:

You simply don't understand what you are saying. Let them introduce pay as go you will be the first to beg to reverse it. Dstv has told us when they were under investigation at the cpc that there is nothing as pay as you go anywhere in the world not even south Africa and its more expensive. Period. Take it or leave it
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by mustmust(m): 10:36pm On Apr 06, 2017
achieverme:

No difference between you and ncc. Ncc lost focus and you too lost focus. Wetin concern Ncc with NBC work? Writin concern you with bbnaija? How does it contribute to your life or that of your country?

You must be sick ur your head. Do you tell me what contribute to my life and what does not??

1 Like

Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by Origin(f): 11:37pm On Apr 06, 2017
Good work.

I never knew there was a consumer protection council because I have a list :

1. Milo is like sand mixed with chocolate dust with no taste.

2. Tom tom- a lot of broken sweets (no quality control)

3. Iron rods are getting thinner every year (12mm is looking like 10mm- why wont buildings collapse)

4. Tomato paste from china - ingredients ( salt,tomato, colouring, starch)

5. ALWAYS sanitary towel- no gum to keep it in place (it never doesn't stick to panties)

6. The last Fanta I took last month tasted like pure water flavoured slightly with sugar.

We don't know who to complain to whether its SON or NAFDAC or CUSTOMS. But companies that should be BRANDs cannot keep on chasing profit while forsaking all obligations to the consumers.

Foreign pampers and Nigerian pampers are not the same quality even though the costs of production are higher in other countries.
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by eflintsone(m): 11:43pm On Apr 06, 2017
mustmust:

I won't even answer you because you don't seem informed. Do you know the sector regulator of dstv. Is it NCC or NBC. Go and read up and stop showing ur stupidity with your house of reps
oga you dumb ....
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by badmrkt(m): 8:58am On Apr 07, 2017
mustmust:

My point is that the sector regulator of broadcasting which dstv falls under which is nigeria broadcasting commission should be brought into this
so what happens when they refuse to do their job?
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by MamaletASO: 10:15am On Apr 07, 2017
Dont subscribe for DSTV again...

Xenophobia in southafrica...
Nigerians are being killed daily...and we have not kill any southafrican here in Naija...

This nonsense must stop..

DSTV must pack and get away from Nigeria... (We have HiTV, Startimes)...

Shoprite must be burnt down... (We have NEXT)
MTN must go... (We have GLO)
Re: House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option by Flaghouse1: 11:01am On Apr 07, 2017
mustmust:

Oga it's u and your generation that is foolish and i'mbecile. Look I am with the consumer protection council and I can tell you everything about the orders that was issued to dstv and it's compliance issues. And I can lecture you on all the dstv wahala more than you know. You don't talk issues based on sentiment. You say it based on facts. A lot of people are canvassing for pay as you go the CPC does not have that powers yet until it becomes a competition commission, if they do dstv takes them to court and they will be floored. My guy when the competition law is passed cpc has powers to even bring down the subscription of Dstv. Dstv is broadcasting and falls under the supervision of Nigeria broadcasting commission and not nigeria communication Commission. It's like investigating mtn and leaving out nigeria communication Commission and inviting national pension commission. I stand by what I said. I tell you there is no competition law yet in Nigeria and nothing can stop dstv not even the house of reps unless the public outcry becomes so much and they decide to stop it.. The competition law is the way out my brother it will break monopoly like dstv, dangote etc, forcing its price down naturally and increase competition of goods and services . Don't show ur foolishness here. I know what I said

Thanks for your expose into the discourse,many of us fail to realise some of these basics
1.if there is steady power would the outburst be like this
The company has base stations ,have we factored in the cost of running them (diesel is N250 per litre as against N150 last year Q1)
3.what role is government playing to allow and encourage new entrants into the market to break monopoly. ACTV comes to mind, the company just closed down last year
We need to as a matter of importance as Nigerians look at situations critically before coming up with solutions that really are not empirically thought through

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Happened To TSTV? / 9 Epic Nigerian Movies We Can't Forget In A Hurry. / BBNaija: The Moment Shegz Asked Bella How Often They Will Be Having Sex (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.