Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,069 members, 7,852,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:09 PM

"Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) (33896 Views)

COVID-19: Pregnant Woman Dies At FMC Abeokuta / Quadruplets: Ruth Onyekachi Buzugbe Gives Birth To 4 Babies At FMC Asaba. Photos / Conjoined Twins Separated At FMC Yola: New Look (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by jideflows(m): 8:17am On Apr 07, 2017
they have killers in FMC ASABA.. I took my wife to a Private clinic for her to deliver earlier in the week..... I can feel your pains my brother.. May God be with you
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by Jayboi(m): 8:18am On Apr 07, 2017
its only when we fall on the wrong side of medical interventions that we begin to blame the medical people. im sure if the woman had been taken to a private hospital she may not even have been successfully delivered of her babies let alone survive. we really need to listen to the other side of this story by the medical personnel involved.
There is also negligence on the side of the husband. His work shud av been suspended pending the total delivery and u can imagine various decisions taken when he was not around. Doctors arent God but they also do their best.
people castigate nurses has if they can do better than them. what these nurses have seen and passed thru almost make it seem as if they are wicked but its not the case. lets appreciate life cos its only God who gives and takes be it at a private hospital or govt and i dare say FMCs have the best handa in the country.

1 Like

Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by soliddust2020: 8:41am On Apr 07, 2017
jumpandpas:
Mr man you were too careless. You value your work more than your wife. Why will you abandon your wife. Just listen to yourself. You are a Coward.

You are just too foo.lish for the poo you typed up there. My guess you are kid still leaving with your parents. When you become an adult you will understand better.

1 Like

Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by Olopsy01(f): 9:04am On Apr 07, 2017
This is so sad! May God be with the Family and no life shall be taken while bringing another life.
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by Ijaya123: 9:12am On Apr 07, 2017
dumodust:

Who told you there was unprofessional conduct? This story is not from qualified sources and may as well be beer parlour gist... hear from the other side before concluding.

My dear, if all cases of death that occurred in our hospitals were to be well investigated and prosecuted, several doctors would have lost their licences and some will even be in jail by now.

So many act of negligence and unprofessional conduct from doctors and nurses. A friend and colleague I lost comes to mind.
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by dumodust(m): 9:37am On Apr 07, 2017
Ijaya123:

My dear, if all cases of death that occurred in our hospitals were to be well investigated and prosecuted, several doctors would have lost their licences and some will even be in jail by now.

So many act of negligence and unprofessional conduct from doctors and nurses. A friend and colleague I lost comes to mind.

so let the investigations start then... audits are done worldwide. I bet many will also be commended ans patted on the back for saving lives and be given honours. not every tale you hear is relatable to whatever experience you had. An unverified tale online is at best unverified... let the facts emerge in court
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by roselynbas(f): 9:43am On Apr 07, 2017
gabsluv:
Please accept my condolence. However u didn't tell us what may have led to your wife's death. Am not sure she died probably because she wasn't commenced on blood transfusion having survived about a day or two post op. did she cconvulsed post op? did she throw an embolus post op? did she develop acute pulmonary edema post op?. I suggest u address the issue by meeting with the medical team. It is important you know that every Doctor's aim is to prevent maternal mortality especially Obstetricians. The consultant may head the team of doctors managing your wife does not necessarily mean he has to conduct the operation especially if a primary C/S.
therefore, I suggest you address the issue rather than personality.
I am very sure you read the man's story. Is he a medical personnel that you are asking him all this jargons?

Do not come here and defend the doctors, if they are in the clear, time will tell. I have had personal experiences with Igbobi and LASUTH so don't tell me what I know.

They are down right heartless, careless and evil. The bad part was that the student doctors who were supposed to uphold the medical oath since they just left school , in fact, were more terrible.

Go and ask them if any tangible answer will.suffice. Who will probe them? All they know is to go on strike for salary increase. If you are a doctor or are related to one, u better advise him/her to change profession or be ready to face the music when the time comes if they are found wanting. Don't forget, karma is a b'itch.
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by roselynbas(f): 9:45am On Apr 07, 2017
Jayboi:
its only when we fall on the wrong side of medical interventions that we begin to blame the medical people. im sure if the woman had been taken to a private hospital she may not even have been successfully delivered of her babies let alone survive. we really need to listen to the other side of this story by the medical personnel involved.
There is also negligence on the side of the husband. His work shud av been suspended pending the total delivery and u can imagine various decisions taken when he was not around. Doctors arent God but they also do their best.
people castigate nurses has if they can do better than them. what these nurses have seen and passed thru almost make it seem as if they are wicked but its not the case. lets appreciate life cos its only God who gives and takes be it at a private hospital or govt and i dare say FMCs have the best handa in the country.

spoken like a Nigerian doctor. may you experience them first hand.
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by roselynbas(f): 9:49am On Apr 07, 2017
gagadey:

So sad ur wife is late,buh there are lots of.lies in dis story. No medical doctor wuld nt want to attend to ur wife simply because u refused coming to his private hospital for delivery. Doctors value their licence more than any amount of money. U didnt tell d world hw ur wife,a witness refused blood transfusion which led to her death. Meanwhile its so sad d way u value ur work more than ur wife. Rily sad. Its more terrible d way u are ordering ur mother inlaw to take care of "her daughter".

pls where in the story did he say his wife refused blood transfusion? Please, where are the lies?

1 Like

Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by Dunni007(f): 10:02am On Apr 07, 2017
IpobExposed:
Pls this news is fake. This woman refused blood transfusion she is a Jehovah's witness member.
Pls read real story in linda ikeji.

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/02/photo-nigerian-woman-dies-after.html?m=1

They try to paint Buhari red no way.

Sai Buhari

IpobExposed
can't you see they are not the same lady, open ur eyes well b4 u make judgment.

1 Like

Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by roselynbas(f): 10:04am On Apr 07, 2017
Amarabae:
LIES. You should not make such a generalization.
We are not aggressive pls.
your reply says it all
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by pacesetter247(f): 10:24am On Apr 07, 2017
I beg to disagree. This is not the woman in question, take a very close look at the pictures, the wedding gowns are very different, the style of hair is also different. The dates are different, yours says February while the husband gave his report in march, please be very careful of what you post in a bid to make a statement

IpobExposed:
Pls this news is fake. This woman refused blood transfusion she is a Jehovah's witness member.
Pls read real story in linda ikeji.

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/02/photo-nigerian-woman-dies-after.html?m=1

They try to paint Buhari red no way.

Sai Buhari

IpobExposed

1 Like

Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by blackboy(m): 10:27am On Apr 07, 2017
We complain about ppl going abroad for treatment. You can see why.

It should be a criminal offence for a government hospital doctor to work or own private hospitals.

Take them to court. They all should be sent to jail if our judicial system is working. Kuje prison should be better for them
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by uchwar1: 10:31am On Apr 07, 2017
Amarabae:
and you think private hospital is better than FMCs? Think again dear.
somehow better
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by Amarabae(f): 10:41am On Apr 07, 2017
uchwar1:
somehow better
its may be better in terms of fast response to emergency cases but overrall FMCs are better.
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by famzynet: 11:29am On Apr 07, 2017
Nempi:
While I sympathize with you, I understand perfectly the grief that comes with this kind of tragedy. However, it would have been nice if you had articulated what exactly the nurses and doctors did to 'Kill' your wife. However, going by your story, your wife had pregnancy induced hypertension(possibly pre eclampsia) and was probably admitted to be delivered by the fastest and safest means. She had a successful cesarean delivery following a failed induction of labour. It however appears that a post operative event which you failed to highlight led to her demise. While not blaming you, it appears that there were times your attention was needed to possibly make provisions for blood but you had 'survey plans, sites,etc' to attend to and we all know that time is of the essence in matters like this. May God grant you the fortitude to pull through this and may her soul find refuge in the shadow of God's wings.

This is obviously a doctor commenting and he just made common sense. The women obviously needed blood and the husband was not available to make provision on time for one by paying at the payment point. In most Nigeria government hospitals,you make payment before services is rendered. This is as a result of abuse by patients who run away or refuse to make payment when services are rendered before payment.

1 Like

Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by Sammyblaq(m): 11:35am On Apr 07, 2017
This is sad as one Bastard commented it to be a lie.
A soul passed on. God bless the dead.

NURSING, they say is a noble profession but Nigerian nurses are fvcking up.

Just same as "Nne" lost her baby at FMC Umuahia. Some Doctors are Ogboni...
Etc...

Take heart man.
Blessings are for the twins.
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by adontcare(f): 11:41am On Apr 07, 2017
Wickedness at its peak
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by blackboy(m): 12:39pm On Apr 07, 2017
famzynet:

This is obviously a doctor commenting and he just made common sense. The women obviously needed blood and the husband was not available to make provision on time for one by paying at the payment point. In most Nigeria government hospitals,you make payment before services is rendered. This is as a result of abuse by patients who run away or refuse to make payment when services are rendered before payment.
he said he had donated blood. earlier now he is to pay for his blood to be used for his wife? NHIS? Where are thou?
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by ImaIma1(f): 12:50pm On Apr 07, 2017
d33types:
Pre eclampsia is responsible for 40-60% of deaths in developing countries and post partum eclampsia is even worse and almost always leads to death even with intervention and here you are blaming doctors and nurses. Worse still she was having twins making it a far far terrible case than normal.I feel the doctors would have told you initially that they had a very bad case with which anything could happen.

Without even listening to the hospitals side of the story and from your account,you were negligent at some point.If you feel inclined, kindly sue the hospital instead of maligning them.

Nigerians are the most hateful and unhappy people on earth despite any prior study. Now I understand the dynamics of jungle justice and how it thrives even on the internet.

Some of these doctors feel insulted when you are asking them questions. People feel like gods in their area of authority or experstise. Imagine me doing a scan and the attendant there refused to answer any questions at all. It was as if I was pestering him. He just told me to call in the next person. I fear govt hospitals. Even the very big gbagada general told us to come back the next day before 12 if we want to see a doctor. They try.
However i have met a nurse in LUTH that is so kind hearted and does a good job that when she was seriously sick, people rallied round for her and the much love she showed to people paid off.
God for us all
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by Lordkratus(m): 1:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
this is the kind of act that change Godly men to murderers I pray I never meet this kind of treatment in my lifetime because I will definitely return the favour in my own way. take heart my friend
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by lolaluv1(f): 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2017
Even private hospitals are not left out. I know someone who went for antenatal in the last weeks of pregnancy and they took her bp. It was high but the nurse didn't utter a word. Thankfully this lady had been browsing pregnancy related issues and challenged the nurse. The nurse now sent her to the gynae on ground.
Nigeria is bleeped up.
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by ElPhoche(m): 5:46pm On Apr 07, 2017
Benevee:

Boss u don't understand
Try me. Make me understand
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by ElPhoche(m): 5:48pm On Apr 07, 2017
lolaluv1:
Even private hospitals are not left out. I know someone who went for antenatal in the last weeks of pregnancy and they took her bp. It was high but the nurse didn't utter a word. Thankfully this lady had been browsing pregnancy related issues and challenged the nurse. The nurse now sent her to the gynae on ground.
Nigeria is bleeped up.
A lot of 'nurses' in private hospitals are auxiliary nurses who don't know and cannot interprete data and clinical signs. They aren't real nurses. They are usually employed to save cost. I detest that practice and would want it expunged if I am in power.
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by ElPhoche(m): 5:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
famzynet:

It depends on the nature of service being offered. In emergencies, blood and IV drugs, and even investigations are done using emergency care forms, which can be later offset by the caregivers. However, it is pertinent for the patient's relatives or caregivers to be around for these things. You won't expect the doctor or nurses to be chasing drugs or blood. It is not their duty. It is the duty of the caregiver. I remember the countless times I have had pity or was compelled to do these. But heh, Nigerians will talk and use every opportunity that presents to lash at medical personnel when ever they are placed on the altar of public opinion. Health doesn't require emotions in making your decision. That a patient is crying and shouting will not make you to take a wrong management protocol. What you don't know, you simply don't know.
But who cares? Abeg, if you are a young doctor, make plans and leave. This country has no plans for you. Not the government or the ungrateful public
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by Stillslim2000: 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2017
smithsydny:
Nigeria Dr. Because u no come there hospital they allow die,, they shall die

Smh
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by Stillslim2000: 7:39pm On Apr 07, 2017
otokx:

They have started shifting the blame as usual, your post failed to comment on the fact that no doctor spoke to him either via phone or physically in the hospital when he desired to see one.

By 10 pm? The doctor would wait for him to majestically finish his survey and then come in at will and as he pleases? That is carnal
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by Akgelo2k: 8:16pm On Apr 07, 2017
otokx:

They have started shifting the blame as usual, your post failed to comment on the fact that no doctor spoke to him either via phone or physically in the hospital when he desired to see one.

My dear all 'Nempi' is trying to say is that the man did not give details of the post operative events which led the her death..in other words he didn't explain exactly how the doctors and nurses 'killed' his wife....
It is quite unfortunate that we toil day and night..some of us go 3 nights in a roll just to keep patients alive coupled with the terrible working condition in this country and our having to bypass 'protocols a bureaucracy' in the system just to get that satisfaction when a patient is leaving the hospital happy.....yet we are shown so much hatred once sensitive issues like this is raised
For God' sake why would the man think that his family doctor 'refused' to come down to the hospital just because th delivery didn't take place in his hospital when there was probably another consultant on ground handling the matter....like I said, it's always good to know t other side of every story so as to be truly informed
Maybe if you were close to or had any relation(brother,sister) who is a health professional in this country, you would understand better

May her soul rest in peace Amen!

2 Likes

Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by ade712: 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2017
Sorry O op

This is a scam always used on the first timer by most hospitals.

It was used on me and I lost my first child.

Sorry for your loss.
Re: "Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) by Angeleena(m): 10:45pm On Apr 09, 2017
buccal:
Some nurses are witches in white uniform These nurses possess some kinda annoying attitude. Ion if it comes with the uniform. .. R.i.p God will protect your children
u re well sighted,wizard in black uniform... read the headline again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Half-human, Half-goat Baby In Jigawa / 9 Life Threatening Things You Do Every Day / Coronavirus Casualties Surpass SARS; At Least 811 Deaths Recorded So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.