Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

How My Mother Died In UCH, Ibadan - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How My Mother Died In UCH, Ibadan (498 Views)

Photo Of The Building Of UCH, Ibadan In 1955 / UCH Ibadan, A Death Trap: Official Reply From UCH Management / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Mother Died In UCH, Ibadan by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 06, 2017
Having read the story of how a woman died in federal hospital, Asaba, I want to relate a similar encounter I had with nurses at UCH, Ibadan.

My mother's case was the one in which bad liquid filled her chest. They pierced her rib with a tube and siphoned the liquid into a bag. After some days when all the liquid must have been drained, my mother was crying as a result of excessive pain due to the prolonged retention of the tube in her chest as the doctor told me. The doctor said nurses should ferry her to radiology department to be certain that all the liquid is gone. Nurses were around but they refused to carry her down there on wheel bed. Doctor said he will play his part once the nurses return her from radiology department.

I begged the nurses to take my mother there because I paid the money since the morning, and she was still in pain till the evening unattended to. Furious with rage, I located Chief Nursing office at the first floor. I entered and angrily reported the issue. The chief nurse showed sympathy, and assured me that she would act on it immediately.

Two minutes later when I arrived East 2 ward, the nurses and the matron were all sweating, having been threatened on phone from the Chief nurse's office. They immediately carried my mother to radiology department. Those witches afterward hated my mother with passion. Anytime I walked into the ward, they would frown as if the ground should open and swallow me.

Days later, my mother was operated for lymph node biopsy. The operation was very successful, and all pains were gone. About a week later, while she has recovered greatly, she died all of a sudden. No explanation could be extracted from anyone. Those oloriburuku must be responsible for my mother's death. I'm sure they will pay the debt while alive. My mother died on 24th June, 2007.
Re: How My Mother Died In UCH, Ibadan by Theyveedo(m): 10:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: How My Mother Died In UCH, Ibadan by swazpedro(m): 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2017
people in.heartless profession
Re: How My Mother Died In UCH, Ibadan by engrMikemd(m): 10:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
i am so sorry for your loss
Re: How My Mother Died In UCH, Ibadan by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 25, 2017
engrMikemd:
i am so sorry for your loss
Thanks, bro.

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Eating Coconut That Could Help You Live Longer. / Loan Needed! / These Foods Will Evantually Boost Your Hair Growth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.